“Our stay in Lake Placid” 4 of 5 stars
Review of High Peaks Resort

High Peaks Resort
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“Our stay in Lake Placid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A very good place to stay while in Lake Placid.

The rooms have been totally upgraded, and the location is close to everything.

The "strip" in Lake Placid is no more than a KM long, and this is at the beginning.

It is convenient to everything, both in town and just outside of town.

The resort is clean and fully updated.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Sdg

• 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Hebrew first
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Lake Placid. The location is perfect: you can walk to all the great shops and restaurants on Main Street and there is a great view of Mirror Lake. Our room was large and very comfortable. I got two great nights of sleep (which is quite an accomplishment at 8 months pregnant!).

We had dinner one night at "The Dancing Bears," which is the restaurant/pub located downstairs in the hotel. The food was very good, and it was apparently a favorite hang out for Olympians during the 1980 Olympic games (pretty cool).

One tip: Do not use the address on their website if you're navigating with a GPS. That address brought us about 3 or 4 miles up the road from the hotel. Use 1 Mirror Lake Drive or the intersection of Mirror Lake Drive and Main Street.

All in a great stay. We would definitely return to this hotel if visiting Lake Placid again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Waterville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is perfect in so many ways...location with a view of the mountains and Mirror Lake, easy walk along Main St. To shops, restaurants Convention Centers and rinks. The rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated and with all the usual amenities. The lobby area is very nice complete with fireplaces, leather furniture, and a bar! The restaurant Damcing Bears is very nice, serving excellent food as well as cocktails. We found the staff to be extremely friendly and accommodating, including the front desk, waitresses, bar server and housekeeping staff. We have stayed at several other hotels in Lake Placid and find High Peaks to be our favorite.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Wonderful stay! Great location! Spent the weekend in a suite overlooking Mirror Lake. Very comfortable with lots of room, great views, a big bathroom with a jacuzzi, microwave, fridge and fireplace. Perfect! Front desk staff were exceptional as were the chocolate chip cookies waiting for you close by. Lots to see and do. Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank caprav94
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Used the day spa, at twin peaks resort, and was quite impressed, the massages and facial were wonderful, the staff was quite friendly. Would recemend this day spa to everyone.
Also had a Manicure and hair cut, spent the whole day there and really enjoyed it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my third or fourth stay at High Peaks Resort. It has been my favorite place to stay since it's reasonable and close to downtown.

I took my son for his first ever cross-country skiing trip while he was home on break from college. I knew he would love the resort and location, and he certainly did.

We knew it would be less crowded during the week since weekends are usually very busy in LP during winter.

I was a bit disappointed when we arrived at 2:45PM after 3 hours of skiing. We just wanted a shower and to rest before dinner. Unfortunately, they said the room rate was not guaranteed until 4pm and that our room was not ready. I thought this odd since I inquired about extending our stay for another day, and was told they had 132 rooms available. So, how come our room was not ready? I was also told they do not offer any discounts on extending our stay on short notice, so we did not stay another day. I was told the hotel wants to make money, so why not offer us a room at a lower rate if you have 132 rooms available? We waited in the empty lobby for over an hour for our room even though other guests were checking in and getting their keys. Is this because I booked the hotel on Hotwire? The rate on their website was the same as High Peaks, so I don't understand.

My only other complaint was when I finally got to take a shower, I was sprayed in the face after turning the water on. The showers are really cool and have a rainshower, hand-held wand, and a seat inside. the walls are done in tiles and river rocks. Very interesting style. I believe that the housekeeper forgot to position the shower wand to point in the other direction, so guests were not sprayed in the face when turning on the water.

We were looking forward to enjoying the hot tub after skiing all day. I have never been to the pool, so we checked it out before dinner. Not very nice at all. Down a long, somewhat scary hall to a completely different building. The atmosphere was not like the rest of the hotel at all. It looked ok, but outdated and there was a family with kids in the pool, so we decided not to bother. We went to a movie instead.

The room was clean and we had a beautiful view. My son was amazed at the mountains. The beds were incredibly comfy and I slept like a baby.

2 Thank gina33166
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Very simply--,- lovely rooms / very nice big lobby / chocolate chip cookie welcome plus fireplace n skiers etc ---
So here's where I start feeling NOT so great--- i looked at my bill n realized I didn't get the special package specified on their website and even though_ it was explained to me twice I still didn't understand--- it was almost as if they were making it up as they went--- n long story short I did not receive the special package . I did however receive an AARP discount but it was nothing compared to the special ---- so that just upset me . High peaks is kind of expensive but whatever--- I dealt with it -- now as far as everything else, the food was very good n we were treated kindly on a day my husband n I became ill--- we ordered some very lite fair they expedited the order up to our room. That was nice...... so all in all I would recommend this hotel. Just be aware of the price you're given. You might be better off booking online.

• Stayed February 2013