I had a king room with balcony and lake view. The room was very clean, with a very comfy bed, and nice shower. Overall, I was very impressed by the quality of the furnishing.
On the minus side:
- Room service food was so-so... not very tasty...
- Indoor pool looks outdated... but I did appreciate resting in the hot tub after a day of hiking
- Overpriced... the room is very nice, but not worth the price point.
- Breakfast was not included
On the plus side:
- Convenient location right in the heart of Lake Placid
- Beautiful room and views
- Parking is included
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the shores of Mirror Lake and conveniently located on Main Street, High Peaks Resort is a modern Adirondack retreat. Guests enjoy magnificent views & direct access to all the opportunities the High Peaks region has to offer, not to mention a rejuvenating full-service spa and unique dining options including the world-famous Dancing Bears Restaurant, Lake Placid's Celebration Destination and Outdoors at Dancing Bears, which boasts Lake Placid's most stunning outdoor patio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your High Peaks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- High Peaks Hotel Lake Placid
- High Peaks Lake Placid