“Small”

Lake Placid Olympic Museum
Ranked #5 of 53 things to do in Lake Placid
More attraction details
Owner description: Make the Lake Placid Olympic Museum your first stop on a tour of America's Olympic hometown and be inspired by the stories of the Winter Games. Located in the same building as the 1980 "Miracle on Ice" hockey game, the excitement of the Olympics lives on daily through displays and exhibits that visitors of all ages enjoy.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a small museum. It has some items from The Miracle on Ice game- but it was small- and had some interesting stuff:)

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My bridesmaid and I stopped in here the day before my wedding to relax a little bit, and boy was it worth it! I am a sports fan and she is not, but both of us found plenty to be interested in! The memorabilia they have is amazing, and the staff was knowledgeable and kind. The museum is small so younger children would probably enjoy it since it doesn't take much time, but I would not suggest extremely young kids as there are a lot of things that are open but should not be touched.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed this little museum. We are both big Olympic fans, so we loved looking at the artifacts and reading the info (not an overwhelming amount of reading). There was a feeling that this musem was put together with pride and love by the members of the Lake Placid community. We learned a lot and had fun reminding ourselves about Olympics in the recent past!!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

It was awesome to see the small 1932 hockey rink, and then go look at the 1980 hockey rink. Just thinking of the history behind these two places gave me goosebumps.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Went to the museum with young family. There were interesting displays of clothing, medals and other pieces of history. Nothing for the kids to do. I wouldn't recommend going unless you stumble upon it. Not quite worth the $6.00 admission.