“fun to see some history”

Olympic Ski Jump Complex
Ranked #2 of 54 things to do in Lake Placid
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Visitors to this year-round training and competition site can watch daring ski-divers, or take an elevator to a platform to see how high Olympic skiers jump.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

There are some pics from the 30's that are interesting, and it makes you appreciate the angle that the skiers are going down.

There are newer reviews for Olympic Ski Jump Complex

Reviewed February 25, 2013

One of the key parts to our trip was to be a tubing run located at this complex. We pulled up, ready to experience the 700' tubing run they are very proud of on their website. We parked our truck and paid our admission. The girl in the booth was very pleasant. We climbed up a small hill with our tubes and were helped down the hill by two workers. Our first run was pretty fun, maybe a little slow, but the course was freshly groomed. So we walk back up the hill, which was a bit of a walk, but manageable. We bring our tubes back up to the top of the hill and the workers again help us slide down the hill. My tube made it all the way to the bottom. The guy helping my wife down the hill managed to push her in such a manner that she ended up going off the course. As my wife was 15 feet from the top of the hill with her backside in a tube on an icy slope, the only thing the guys working there did was laugh. They did nothing to help her out of the tube, or to put her back on the course. I find that disrepectful and we will not go back to this 'attraction'. On our way back to our car, I stopped at the booth to complain about the disrespect shown to my wife by the workers and the girl in the booth shrugged it off and just flippantly said 'sorry'. Big waste of $18.

2  Thank Bill S
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We've been to the area many times, but have never stopped. I am so glad we did. Buy the passport as others have suggested. If you have some flexibility in your schedule, be sure to ask when the jumpers will be practicing before getting your ticket scanned. The view from the top is wonderful, but watching people go down the jump is really spectacular and much more exciting than just the chairlift and elevator rides. I am in awe at the guts these skiers have. Stand at the observation deck near the edge of the jump and you can hear them grunt as they take off.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

It is 11$ to go up so it is expensive for the view but it does give you a good appreciation of what Olympic jumpers experience. If you are lucky you will see freestyle skiers training at the adjoining aerial park - some are quite good.there are souvenirs and snacks on site. The tubing centre is located here as well bur it is truly 9$/hour to essentially tube down a long driveway ( perhaps exciting for a small child but not teenagers or adults)

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Wow, what views and boy, are you high up. I can't believe skiiers do this. Really awesome. A must see if you are visiting the area.