“Lake Placid Pub & Brewery”

Lake Placid Pub & Brewery
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups, Brew Pub, Grill
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Lake Placid Pub & Brewery serves great beers and delicious food in a comfortable atmosphere. Since 1996, the LPP&B has been Lake Placid's pub of choice, with the freshest microbrewed ales and lagers, including the famous Ubu Ale, and traditional pub fare sure to please everyone.
Rush, New York, United States
“Lake Placid Pub & Brewery”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I had skied at Whiteface Mtn. and came to Lake Placid for a room and food. We stumbled across The Lake Placid Pub and Brewery and had the best service and food in a long time Its not your usual pub with "bar food"! We were seated immediately and our server came over within minutes. The menu has many different foods along with "regular" food. Our drinks and soup came out right away and was hot and delicious. We didn't have to wait for our server after we were done with our apps. ,she was very attentive and took our dinner order. I ordered the pear salad with goat cheese and my husband ordered the shepherds pie. we were both pleased with our choices. The atmosphere was quite pleasant. They are doing some remodeling but we could hardly tell. There seemed to be a steady crowd coming in. We are looking forward to returning again. We go up to the adirondacks about 5 times a year.

Timonium, Maryland
“Excellent Beer and Pub Food”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you like craft beer, this place is a must visit in Lake Placid. The atmosphere is casual, the staff friendly and the beer is excellent. The serve pub style food which has been excellent every time I have visited. I highly recommend the UBU ale.

• Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good Beer but That's About All”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Let me start out by stating the beer here is very good. That's the best part of this place.

We had a group of seven for dinner and put our name in with the server. It was a Friday night and she said it would be about an hour wait - no problem. We waited downstairs and after 1.5 hours asked how much longer. The young lady told us she was looking for us and couldn't find the group so she gave away or table. We were downstairs the whole time and even talked to the other hostess while waiting. She never came down once - what a crock. So she put our name at the top of the list and after 35 minutes my GF went up to check and they had several empty tables but didn't call us, Again. WTF? They pulled some tables together and seated us.

So were ordered dinner and it came out about 25 minutes later. The fish and chips were ok, but nothing special. I ordered a cheese steak, not too bad but the fries were cold. The GF had a burger, again ok but not anything remarkable. Everyone said the same thing about their food - ok but we would not go back. Go for the beer, venture elsewhere for food.

• Visited January 2013
Ubuman, Owner at Lake Placid Pub & Brewery, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Hello - first, thanks for your nice words about our beer. Secondly, I really apologize for your experience with the hostess. It certainly never should have happened and occasionally we did have problems finding parties. However, I can now guarantee it never will happen again because we have just installed an electronic paging system. It has been in use for over a week now and has been a great way reduce the time looking for parties as well as insuring that the tables are filled as soon as they are empty. Although I realize it was a too late for your visit, the problem has been 100% corrected.
I apologize again for your experience and I hope you will consider giving us another try when back in Lake Placid.
Christopher Ericson, Owner, Lake Placid Pub & Brewery
Logan, Utah
“Problems with the Beer”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is an OK restaurant in town, but if you are visiting in the Summer or any weekend night of the year, be prepared to wait, sometimes for an hour or more (I know that they are trying to expand their dining room though). It may be better to put your name on the list early then take a walk down to the lake. Dinner in the upstairs dining room will be loud, there will be overintoxicated men and women shouting, conversation will be challenging, the stressed staff do their best but cannot help this. If you are OK with this atmosphere and that's the night out you are looking for, then that's great. I have never had a bad meal there, the food is standard pub fare for the most part, not too original but hits the spot when you are hungry.

My only problem with the brewery is personal--I just can't drink their beer. I don't consider myself a lightweight, but I have never had the same problems with beers from other microbreweries. I have tried nearly every beer, and even their light ale and seasonal hefeweitzen leave me sick to my stomach after only a half pint, and waking up with a headache even if I just have one and plenty of water. I think it may be the high malt content of the beers? Their viscosity is very thick. I know of several other locals who stopped drinking their beers because of this, but others love them. If you are of a sensitive constitution, I would recommend a glass of wine or other beverage instead.

Overall, the restaurant is worth a visit when you are really hungry or in town, but I usually only go if someone else suggests it--and I avoid the beer.

Potsdam, New York
“Great taste of Placid”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

If you're visiting Lake Placid and have ever enjoyed a good beer, this place is a must stop. Fantastic beer, and they don't have an overwhelming list either. Brown Bag is the way to go in my humble opinion, I believe that you can only get it at the brewery as well, so it's worth it to try a pint.The food is always spot on, and if you're not that hungry you can always just get a meat and cheese platter to nibble on while you drink. Nice patio seating too if you can get it.

• Visited December 2012