“Solid place - no regrets”

Lake Placid Pub & Brewery
Ranked #9 of 105 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Description: The Lake Placid Pub & Brewery serves great beers and delicious food in a comfortable atmosphere. Since 1996, the LPP&B has been Lake Placid's pub of choice, with the freshest microbrewed ales and lagers, including the famous Ubu Ale, and traditional pub fare sure to please everyone.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Business associate and I enjoyed a night out and were surprised to find a very high quality food in a decidedly "bar" environment. Of course, that's their vibe...but dont expect wings and nachos. We ordered salmon sandwiches (aoli and greens) and a plate of local artisan cheeses and meats - awesome!

Our service was outstanding - fiendly, definitely smart about the menu and FAST.

I will be back. :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,658)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Been to LP brewery several times. But the parking lot just got converted to a condo, so no parking...
An otherwise great location ruined by poor planning.

Ubuman, Owner at Lake Placid Pub & Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Hello - thanks for taking the time to write and the nice words about the beer. Based on your comments and your repeat business, it seems that you rated us three stars because of the removal of the public parking lot next door. Unfortunately that is something which I do not own nor control. It was a public lot which is now going to be used for parking for a new Hampton Inn which is being built next door to the Pub. Not sure that 'ruins' my place. Fortunately, the town is restoring about 40 public parking spaces directly next to the Pub once the installation of new water and storm water drains under the road is complete. So do not fret, there will be parking again at the Pub, as well as a new hotel right next door. Cheers, Christopher Ericson. Owner, The LPP&B.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

What a great place!!! My husband's review...."This place kicked butt!!" Best food that we ever had @ a pub. My husband had the ribs....fell right off the bone and great sauce. I had the hot turkey sandwich which was like Thanksgiving dinner. Our server Jesse was great, my hubby got soup on his shirt and he came right over to the table with club soda AND never left us with an empty glass. It's a must visit place when in Lake Placid.

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Good beer, good view, good prices. What more could you want? The Ubu Pumpkin Ale was especially yummy...also liked the popcorn at the bar versus nuts or trail mix :)

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I try and spend a week in the Lake Placid area a year, and on my recent trip I had five of my meals here, including entertaining friends from college and my family. Everything was great. I especially enjoyed the White Bean Chili (it was a special) with a grilled cheese. Regular menu item favorites include the Reuben, Fish n Chips, and the French Dip. The cheese plate was pretty amazing as well. Ubu all the way.