“Fun pub right by the lake”

Lake Placid Pub & Brewery
Ranked #10 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: The Lake Placid Pub & Brewery serves great beers and delicious food in a comfortable atmosphere. Since 1996, the LPP&B has been Lake Placid's pub of choice, with the freshest microbrewed ales and lagers, including the famous Ubu Ale, and traditional pub fare sure to please everyone.
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Good beer, good view, good prices. What more could you want? The Ubu Pumpkin Ale was especially yummy...also liked the popcorn at the bar versus nuts or trail mix :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,684)

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I try and spend a week in the Lake Placid area a year, and on my recent trip I had five of my meals here, including entertaining friends from college and my family. Everything was great. I especially enjoyed the White Bean Chili (it was a special) with a grilled cheese. Regular menu item favorites include the Reuben, Fish n Chips, and the French Dip. The cheese plate was pretty amazing as well. Ubu all the way.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Perfect place for a beer and a burger! The UBU is a hearty beer and well worth a try.

It felt like a locals pub which is what we were looking for, and our waitress Natalie was excellent and very cool.

The bar is downstairs and the restaurant us upstairs. We ate at the restaurant upstairs.

We'll be back next time we're in Lake Placid.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I have visited this place dozens of times over the years, every time we're in Lake Placid (which is a lot!). As craft brew enthusiasts, the beer is what initially drew us here, but it's the whole package that keeps bringing us back: excellent beer (especially the Lake Placid IPA), good food, good service, and a fun, busy atmosphere. They make excellent sandwiches (yummy tuna melt), burgers (The Schulzy Burger is my favorite), wraps, nachos, wings. The menu changes from time to time, but remains pretty consistent. I do wish they would bring back their quesadillas, which were outstanding!! The only complaint I would make is that when it is real busy they should put on a second bartender. Even when sitting at the bar, you sometimes have to wait a while for a beer, because s/he is so busy keeping up with drink orders from the food servers. HIGHLY recommend this place!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Had dinner at the Lake Placid Pub a few weeks ago. Service was good, although the place was busy. Good place for burgers, beer (pretty good IPA) and sports. Prices were right around what I would expect. It's within walking distance of many hotels.

All in all, not a bad place to enjoy decent food at a good value.