“Great resort”

Obudu Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Obudu
More attraction details
Owner description: Obudu Mountain Resort (Formerly Obudu Cattle Ranch) is in Cross River State situated close to the border of Cameroon and is reached from Lagos by plane. Grab your hiking boots, pack your binoculars and come experience this unspoiled part of Africa and sleep easy knowing that all the comfort and top-class service which African Sun is famous for will be provided in your stay. Join us at the Obudu Mountain Resort and enjoy a different but still unforgettable experience.
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The mountain resort is mind blowing, though six hours ride from Calabar, the state capital.
you need a couple of days to fully enjoy this haven.
we spent a day taking a cable car trip and enjoying the water park at the hill bottom.
another day spent on facility tour, grotto and canopy walk. the hiking and trip to Holy mountain was another day journey.
a good guide is imperative.
the entire trip was a great experience and I am looking forward to doing it again soon.
the neighborhood village is great for local dishes, honey and daily supplies.
it could get really cold so plan ahead.

8  Thank TimmyLee01

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Just arrived today. Wow! The place is mind blowing. We pre-booked our room, so the guy at the reception desk wasted no time to take us to our room-room 243. The room is basic, but kept neat. It met our expectation, though there is need for improvement. A guide by name Friday took us round the resort. Sincerely, the place is breath-taking.

4  Thank mwd
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The mountain resort is excellent. I totally enjoyed my trip up the mountain. And after a day spent hiking, the thickest juiciest steak from the steak house was served! yum yum!

2  Thank Maksy217
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I spent 5 nights here, it was peaceful and quiet. You are sure to enjoy breath-taking views from the cable cars or just hiking. The locals were wonderful tour guides. Phone reception and internet reception were poor, so you can actually get 'lost'. If you are going with a family or in group of 3 couples, i recommend leasing a full cabin. Their bananas are best i have tasted, just buy some the locals who live around the resort. You can also get honey , wild or processed from the shop or the locals.

3  Thank Emmanuel o
Reviewed April 30, 2013

After a 10 drive (usually 8 hour but that's another story) from Abuja, Obudu was such a pleasant surprise. It rests high up in the mountains and is blanketed in mist in the morning and early evening but at night the stars come out. This place is beautiful.

We shared a 3 bed cabin between 2 families and there was more than enough space. The kitchen was rudimentary but then I didn't come here to cook! The electricity only came on between 6-10am and then again between 6pm and midnight but I was comforted by the fact I knew when to expect power (those who have spent time in Nigeria will appreciate what I mean). The food was adequate-we brought our own food for breakfast and lunch and ate dinner in the bar by the reception.

The swimming pool with 2 slides was a highlight-we spent 2 idyllic afternoons swimming surrounded by mountains. Then there were the walks, the cable car and the (not very high) canopy. I can't fully explain why I loved this place but the sum was definitely more than it's parts.

Go with a good group of friends, don't expect 5 star facilities, be prepared to relax and do very little and enjoy the simple beauty of this place.

5  Thank obeagali