New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Tinerhir
Singapore
“Peaceful place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

I was in Tinerhir (also known as Tinghir) during my trip to Morocco, which covered the great southern Oasis routes. Tinerhir is like a base for trips which covers a visit (or perhaps for those who are adventurous), a climb at the Todgra Gorge.

In Tinerhir, my sister and I stayed at the Kenzi Bougafer. Its a cosy hotel and very peaceful too. It is quite value for money and we enjoyed our night's stay there. Although there was a power glitch when we arrived (thus the corridors were unlit, no hot water in the showers and taps), the problem was settled when we got back at 8pm. Thus there wasn't a need for the candles they had given us!

We had breakfast & dinner here. Although the spread wasn't very majestic, it wasn't too bad. I liked the pastries served. And of course, they are very francophone desserts.

When we were there, there were many European tourists, and we didnt see any travellers like us, from Asia.

So, yes, I would recommend this hotel. It is also not far from town. You could flag a taxi to get to town and explore the quaint yet lively town. Most unforgettable was that when we passed by cafes, they were all occupied by men. No local women in sight in the cafes. So it was quite a moment to see that!!

I really enjoyed my trip to Tinerhir. Read more about my review on Todra Gorge which I will be posting soon here too.

Je manque le Tinerhir!!! (I miss Tinerhir)

• Liked — Peacefulness, cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2008
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness

Amsterdam, Holland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2007

With our tour we ended up in this hotel. My room stank terribly of sigarette-smoke and even opening the windows didn't change much. When I complained,I was told that the hotel was fully booked.
Later on, sending a fax home for the outragious price of 80 Dirham's, during my wait, I mentioned that the service was not very tourist-friendly. After that, the manager found a free non-smoking room for me, much better than the first one.
At least, although not giving a good impression in the beginning, they knew how to bend things in the right direction.

Stayed April 2007
3 Thank Bhutantraveller

Travelers are raving about these Tinerhir hotels

Tanger
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2006

I have been there with my wife on one of our trips through the country and have been surprised by the cleanliness of the place as well as by the excellent food we got. I seriously never ever had better chicken before or after the visit. The soup was first class as well as the service. We will hopefully be back in 2007 and i am already looking forward to it. I have to admit it is not as "authentic" as some other places we visited, but nonetheless one of the top 5 in all more than 40 places we checked out in Morocco already. regards, mike

• Liked — food and services provided
  • Disliked — fairly empty during off season
  • Tips/Secrets — talk to the owner, he can organize all you want, very nice and serious person
  • Stayed September 2004, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank mikeatmwztde
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinerhir
Hotel Tomboctou
Chez Pierre
Chez Pierre
#1 of 7 in Boumalne Dades
5.0 of 5 stars 758 reviews

Been to Kenzi Bougafer? Share your experiences!