Maison d'Hote Panorama Todra Tinehir
Hotel Amazir(Tinerhir)
  • Pool
Riad Amodou(Tinerhir)
Hotel Tamasinte(Tinerhir)
All reviewsgreat hospitalityberber musichuge spreadtagineamazing placethe ownerdate palmsgreat foodtodra gorgewarm hospitalitypalm treeshis wifestayed here for one nightthe riverriadteaterrace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The location is the best. You can see the valley from the terrace of the hotel.
The staff is the best of the hotel: Friendly, gentle, worried with the good stay of the guests.
I suggest deeply to have a dinner at the hotel : They cook a excellent tajine for your meal. Don´t miss it !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I arrived at the Panorama late at night and unannounced after a long bus journey from Marrakech and I recieved the warmest Berber welcome one could hope for. Tea and food were quickly rustled up for the tired and hungry traveller and I felt instantly at home. Waking up the next day I was completely blown away by the spectacular view. It's called Panorama for a reason! Once I had taken in the view it was time for breakfast, and what a breakfast. The selection of jams, spreads and local honey to go with fresh bread was outstanding. This brings me to the food. WOW! Fatastic quality, freshly made, delicious, and portion sizes to satisfy the hungriest climber in the gorge. The kalia tagine was the best I've tasted in Morocco. The walk to the gorge through the beautiful palmery was a great way to work it off. Hamid is a fantastic host and really made me feel like part of the family, I've even learnt a little Berber! The price of my stay was more than reasonable. A bargain in fact. To sum the review up, I came for four nights and stayed for ten, and that has very little to do with how good the climbing is in the gorge. I'll be back. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robert J
Reviewed June 4, 2012

As mentioned by other reviewers, I was recommended to stay here through the owners of Le Petit Prince in Merzouga, when we mentioned that we wanted to stay near Todra Gorge for one night. The owner, Hamid, received us with great hospitality, and the moment he showed us the panoramic view, we immediately knew we wanted to stay longer - we could've stayed a week if we had that time! He gave us a very, very reasonable price and multiple options - between rooms on the ground floor, a room with a view on the upper floor, and tents on the terrace. The whole place is just so comfortable and we felt quite at home, though we were also the only guests at the time. I was sick when I arrived, and Hamid and the other staff were so kind to check up on me on occasion, even offering me a Berber remedy. They also speak a litany of languages, and totally understood my jumbled mix of Spanish, French, and English that resulted from my travels in the rest of Morocco.

Now of course, the location - perched high above the oasis but so easy to access it as well! Not a long walk (though prepare for some river crossings) to get to the kasbah ruins right across the oasis, and 5 km to the gorge - though I'd argue this riad's location is prettier than the gorge itself! A petit taxi ride to/from the gorge costs about 7 dirhams a person, although a walk probably wouldn't be bad as long as the weather isn't too hot (we gave up).

Food portions are large and hearty (although order early, as the tagines especially take awhile to prepare), and the dizzying breakfast arrangement is really quite something.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ivan C
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Three nights in this wonderful decorated and extreme friendly place. Went here on recommendation by Hassan, one the owners of the likewise friendly ' Le Petit Prince' in Merzouga and after my experience of hospitality there, I found here in ' Panorama Todra' one of the nicest and best located places in the area you can imagine.
It's just in the middle of the road between Thingerir and Todra Gorge. The ideal spot for walks through te valley to either place. Roundabout 7km in each direction, ideal for a few hours walk on small trails through a kind of Garden of Eden: palm-, olive- and figtrees, vegetable gardens, small irrigation channels, a river, donkeys, birds singing, huge rockformations on either side and much more . And after you have reached your destination it's very easy to return by taxi or 'grand taxi', or if you prefer by foot.
The terrace of the ' auberge', or ' petit riad' offers not only a wonderful view but in the morning a true bird's concert and in during sunset the frogs welcome the evening with their songs.
Breakfast and dinner are not just huge (breakfast offers a choice of 8 or 9 different things to decorate your bread), but are prepared with love and experience. Being a vegetarian Hmid prepared the best 'non-animal' tajine I've tasted so far.
Highly recommended and I cannot understand why it is not mentioned in most guidebooks.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ron k
Reviewed April 21, 2012

A very nice welcoming, a wonderful panorama, a delicious menu, some clean rooms with bathroom. This guesthouse is very well located to visit, just few kms outside noisy city of tineghir, on the road to todra's valley and moutains rides.
A very good stay, hard to leave. Enjoy !

• Stayed: April 2012