“Stay at the Lamplight Inn B & B”

Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Lake Luzerne B&B and Inns
Staten Island, New York
“Stay at the Lamplight Inn B & B”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was our 3rd time at the Lamplight Inn, and can't wait to go back again. Romantic perfect weekend away. Spotless clean, the Inn keepers are wonderful people. Tjey make you feel like you are staying with family. I recomend this place to everyone. I love It

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anniered222
LinsInnNY, Owner at Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Sorry it took me so long to respond. Our repeat guests feel like family to us, and we always enjoy seeing them. Thank you for the great compliments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Houghton, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband and I spent our second weekend at the Lamplight Inn recently--first one in the summer, now a winter weekend. We are already talking about a fall stay! The Inn is beautifully decorated and its rooms are charming, clean, quiet, and very comfortable. Inkeepers Linda and Gene are cheerful, friendly, helpful hosts and put on breakfasts that are unbeatable -- everything homemade from granola to toast breads to Belgian waffles with fresh strawberries and more. You'll be hard pressed to find another B&B that measures up to the wonderful experience you'll find at the Lamplight Inn.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank T_and_J75
Thank you so much. We hope to see you back in the Fall too. Every season in the Adirondacks has something special about it. Fall is gorgeous!
Upstate NY
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We have been here more than seven times and finally I get to meet Linda. Such a sweet lady. I was also happy to see Gene and Sally again. They are such the nicest people you can ever meet. My husband and I just love to stay there. So quiet relaxing and clean. The breakfast are always amazing. When we got there Linda made an awesome soup which warmed us right up. Thanks Gene, Linda and Sally for such a wonderful weekend. See you in the summer:)

Room Tip: My husband and I just love staying in the Lilac room. It's the main house and that's where t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank momlove2bake
Sorry this response took so long. I'm glad you liked my Spinach Tortellini soup. We tried "Souper Friday" in February and the guests really appreciated the hot soup on a cold afternoon. It was really nice for me, Linda, to meet you in person. This was my first winter not in Florida in 12 years. I'm being blamed for the bad winter.
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I just returned from a delightful stay at the Lamplight Inn and I wish to share my wonderful experience. I have recently found myself in a relationship and it was decided that we should take time to enjoy a nice weekend together, away from jobs and difficult times in our lives. I was fortunate enough to have learned about the Lamplight Inn online and immediately booked via their website. I received an immediate receipt of my reservation request, a confirmation and information as to what I would expect as time grew closer. About three days before my arrival, I received just that, a very thoughtful reminder of check-in times and further information. I called and advised of my arrival time to give more precise notice as I know it was a busy time of the year. My friend and I enjoyed a beautiful ride up the Northway and through the mountains only to arrive about one hour from Albany. As I approached the Inn on Lake Ave, Route 9N, my friend and I were in awe of the beauty of the old Victorian sitting on a hill and so pristine. As we parked near the main building and entered, we were greeted by Linda, one of the owners. She was vibrant, bubbling and so welcoming! Truly appreciative of out visit. We were then shown the exquisitely decorated main building and dining room and told of breakfast times and current activities scheduled in town. We were then escorted to out suite that was located in the Carriage House, a short distance around back. We entered the public area which was beautifully appointed with Victorian styled chairs, pictures appropriate to the times, as well as a refrigerator, supplied with soda and water, and some snacks. These were all made available on the honor system. We were then taken to our room, The Saratoga Room and are still speechless! It was magnificent! A romantic jacuzzi tucked nicely on the side. A beautiful bed, nicely adorned with pillows and a sweet welcoming stuffed bear, a warm and cozy gas fireplace and ample unpacking options. The pillows were gracefully arranged and the towels were fresh and neatly folded. There was a small table in the center of the room, adjoined by to winged chairs. On the table sat a carafe of red wine, two glassed, etched and ours to keep, a nice rose and sweet note advising that a tray of cheese and fruit were in the refrigerator. That was an INNdulgence package. As we both enjoyed our time in and round town, we were always grateful to return to our little bit of heaven, The Lamplight Inn, and welcomed by our little bear playing little games, like holding a bag of chocolates we had brought. We both were able to enjoy two wonderful breakfasts in the dining area, a quaint and serene area gracefully decorated for the holiday. Our first morning menu consisted of eggs, just about anyway you wanted, fresh fruit, juices, just about anything you wanted. Our last morning, a Sunday breakfast was very much more extensive as it was open to the town, an event I believe only happens twice a year, during the holidays. My friend and I both ordered the "Yellow Bonnet Eggs", Eggs Benedict, and they were beyond superb! The best I have ever had and a first for my friend and he loved them. Unfortunately we then had to check out and return back home. Once again, Linda was very gracious and thankful for our stay, as we are thankful to the entire staff. They all made it so wonderful and extra special for us! I am so grateful to all who made our trip so very special! My friend and I have now claimed this as "our place" and intend on returning every year at this time and perhaps a few more times during the year. I just hope there will always be a place at the Inn for us!

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room in the Carriage House!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tommyboy0610
Wow! What a nice review. I am embarassed that it took me all winter to respond to our reviews. I am so glad that we impressed you. It makes me and Gene and my staff so happy to hear such nice words. Sometimes we take things for granted and do not realize how we affect someones life. I really hope you come back to see us again. Thank you so much!
Massapequa Park, New York
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Lamplight for two wonderful nights in November. I didn't want to leave! The Inn is wonderfully decorated and very clean. The room was absolutely perfect. The jacuzzi was so very relaxing! The breakfast was outstanding; plenty of food. The staff an innkeepers are very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this inn based on having stayed at many bed and breakfasts in the U.S. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darci V
Thank you so much, sorry my response took so long. We love to hear our guests had such a good time with us and that we captured their goal to relax. Hope to see you again.
Bennington, Vermont
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We recently stayed the weekend at The Lamplight and it was just amazing! We stayed in the Saratoga Suite and the room was all it was promised to be and much more! Gene and Linda are wonderful hosts, and breakfast was beyond words! Linda's homemade granola and baked goods were outstanding! We look forward to our next weekend alone!!

Room Tip: The whole Inn is spectacular, you would be happy with any of them.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 16AmyW43
Thank you for a great review. That Saratoga Suite is a favorite, not to mention the large Jacuzzi.
The spaciousness of the bedroom compensates for the lack of a deck. Breakfast is our specialty and after many years of cooking and baking, we think we got it perfected. Simple and plentiful! Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Islip, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at the Lamplight Inn last week to visit a friend. Upon arrival I was tired from a day of travel Gene came to my assistance unhesitating to help with the luggage. Upon entering the room it was immaculate, the furnishing were top notch and room was very comfortable. The breakfast was of the five star level. The main house was so inviting and comfortable with outstanding antiques of the period. Linda was very helpful always concerned about, if we needed anything and patiently explained the history of the inn. Cindy our waitress was personable and did a great job. I wouldn't hesitate to return the inn.

Room Tip: I stayed at the house behind the main building and it was quiet with ample parking.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank J R
Thank you for the kind words. You came at a beautiful time of year, peak foliage. We hope you felt comfortable as a solo. We often see travelers by themselves on business trips, or visiting friends and family in the area or just wanting to visit what the Adirondacks has to offer. We just want them to feel like they are staying with friends. Hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Luzerne
#16 of 88 in Lake George
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#2 of 8 in Bolton Landing

Been to Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!