“Quiet and peaceful camping.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Luzerne
Lake George / Saratoga KOA
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is our second time driving down from Canada to this KOA. We now have 3 kids from 6 year old to 3 months old and we enjoy the peacefulness of this campsite. It is old and modestly maintained but we love it. It is different from the other "open concept" KOA's we've been too and truly enjoy the simplicity of this one. There is also an amazing ice cream and mini golf place called Bon's that is a 5 minute walk from there.

The owners were more than accommodating when our tent trailer broke down on the way and could not make our reservation. They pushed our reservation (twice in fact) to later in the week until we could get it fixed and they let us drop it for one night (for free) once it was fixed, since we were still staying in a hotel at that point.

If you stay here, it's because you plan on being a tourist in the Lake George/Lake Luzerne area or, you just want a quiet and peaceful stay in a beautiful nature setting.

Room Tip: This is a quiet KOA. It is more of a place to stay while you visit the areas of Lake George and suc...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 4, 2013

What a disappointing place.
We have a large RV and pulled a car.
Site was quiet, too quiet, absolutely NOTHING going on!
If we had not brought a car we would have been totally stuck.
I so wish we had read these reviews before we went.
Did anyone look at the owners house on the way in....what a disgrace, an eyesore, makes us not surprised by the level this KOA was,
1: water pressure was shocking, on further inspection ,a dribble, the owners had not even bothered to hide the pipes for aesthetic reasons.....bad form, orange pipes everywhere don't look good, and you could trip over them in the dark.
2.Pool was run down and dirty, right next to the road too.
3. did not dare go in bathrooms, see point #1
4.shop[ was ok, lady was a little interesting, a manicurist might have ben a good plan.
5.dog walk area, was this a fenced area? no? so you could let your dog off and it was ok, right next to the road? weird.
6. usually KOA takes your wood to your site, oh no, we did it, maybe she would have broke here nails!
it was a little like the owners were doing just the basic to stay as a KOA, but failed dismally.
The last point.
60.00 dollars a night !!!
Bloody rip off.
Never will I go again, Don't do it.
Go down the way a little to King Phillip or Lake George RV resort,.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank HelenBentley
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Looks like there is a fifty- fifty split on the reviews. My experience was positive and nice. As a lifelong Mainer I really felt at home in the pines. I do agree with the place needing a remodel, but isn't that on corporate KOA not the owners of a franchise? Its been a campground for 52 years and remodeled only one time. If it ever does get a remodel I certainly hope they keep the large sites. Also corporate should be sure to erect a new A-frame with disabled access the standard in all showers. The current owners are very nice and helpful. I love the large sites and moved the picnic table to where I wanted it. One site layout issue I had with site 5 is the fire ring is way to close to the pad, I was a bit nervous sparks would land on my awning. I would for sure recommend this campground and stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a shaded site!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank flyline
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this campground. On the positive side, the trees are absolutely beautiful - many huge white pines throughout - and the ambiance is kind of retro, like you stepped back into a campground of the 1960's. It's just a very simple place. The pool is "Okay", meaning that it's clean enough and refreshing enough, but the cement tiles surrounding the pool is rough, and there aren't steps going down into the pool - 4' depth across. There's even a teeter-totter on the playground - with metal seats! The shower facilities didn't appear to be handicap accessible, with a 6" high (approx) curb to step over to get into the shower - the shower floor is shared, meaning your neighbor's shower water is going to flow into your area and vice versa... The staff was nice - even replaced for free the swim goggles that my 7yo had just bought and that immediately broke. The sites are roomy enough, but very "root-y" from the big trees, and again, kind of rough - low wires hanging throughout, fire pits too close to where a modern camper awning would spread to... Our site was also very close to the road, so there was non-stop high-speed traffic noise. And, for me, because I was trying to combine a business trip with a family vacation - there is NO internet or cell phone service. So, overall - it's not a very expensive place to stay, and the area is magnificent - so make of it what you will...

Room Tip: The sites nearest the road are also nearest the showers and swimming pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LiftLady
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Although reviews seem mixed on this KOA, it's all a matter of what you're looking for or expecting. The Lake George/Saratoga KOA is most pleasant due to the fact that it's not a "Disneyland-style" campground. First, the loction is great! Anything away from Lake George rates high on my list! Don't get me wrong, Lake George is fun and entertaining. However, in the summer months it's a real zoo! Lake Luzerne, just 9 miles away, has a much more relaxed and quieter atmosphere. This KOA is perfect for anyone not looking for the hussle and bustle of the mega-campground offering everything from A to Z as if you never had left home. Several things impress me here at this KOA. First, the sites are very large compared to other places we've stayed. We're on site 60, one of the few pull throughs, with more space than we know what to do with. Most of the back-in sites are plenty large to allow one easy access (even for those of us who can't back in a trailer very well). Second, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We felt welcomed from the moment we arrived. I was also impressed that we were escorted to our site by one of the managers upon arrival. Our site, which I would eagerly choose agsin, is close enough to the entrance to hear the traffic from Rt 9N. However, noise would not be an issue further back into the park. A small store also provides many of the camping necessities one might have left at home. Lake Luzerne also has a small grocery store just a short ways down the road. The swimming pool and kid's playground are clean and well kept. Although we'll venture into Lake George a time or two this week, the highlight of our vaction will be our stay at the Lake Luzerne KOA for some peace and relaxation.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I am by no means a KOA "expert" but of the 5 or so I have stayed at, this is probably the best. Very large wooded sites, unlike many KOA's. Yes, there is no cell phone coverage. It's called the Adirondacks. If cell phone coverage is critical, you probably shouldn't be camping -OR- you should stay right next to an interstate. The wifi did not reach to our site and they don't have cable, but I didn't really care. Camping to me is getting away from some of the non-essential things like TV, internet, email, etc. We had zero problems with the electric and ran our A/C almost constantly. You do need to be specific about electric hook-up because only about half the sites are equipped. We used the pool. Yes it was small, but my 6-year old loved it. I was nice to get up in the morning and feel like you were in the middle of an old growth forest. We have stayed at KOA's with so-called "Founders Awards" and "Presidents Awards". Lake George KOA has neither of these certifications and yet it is better. Oh, and the people who run the place are very nice. Other reviewers who found a way to NOT enjoy themselves here must just be whiners in general.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Larry W
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have stayed at this KOA for years - It has the rustic camping experience that has been lost in today's busy lifestyle. The trees are 100 feet tall most all the sites are shaded and well spaced out - yes there are some right next to others for those campers who can't be seperated. The pool is chilly but is heated by the sun and after a busy busy day at the nearby amusement park of 6 flags (only 15 minutes away) or a day in town with all the shops, the pool felt great! My family enjoyed the nearby horseback riding and the cute little town of Luzerne. The lake in town (only 5 minutes by car) wasnt crowded and was great for the kids to splash around in - we went kayaking and had a great time. At night we had a campfire in the firering and just relaxed about the fire with the family - Some nights there were even games like flashlight egg hunt for the kids. Overall this is a great place - I would recommend it to everyone - Oh yes one more thing - there is cell phone service as of 8/12. The owners Don and Marge have redone the gameroom area and made a great lounge area with a huge tv with cable tv on it available while the store is open. It was nice just to sit with my feet up while the kids played on the playground. Go back to rustic campling and enjoy this treasure of a KOA - There is only one building of bathrooms but most of the sites are set up for full hookups and the showers were nice and warm. There is a trout stream in the rear of the camp for fishing after a nice nature walk

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 2 in Lake Luzerne
Hideaway Waterfront Cottages
Hideaway Waterfront Cottages
#2 of 7 in Lake Luzerne

Been to Lake George / Saratoga KOA? Share your experiences!