Stayed here for two nights to attend a wedding on the premises, in the Bay Harbor Suite A, which is located in the main building (the cabins were all booked up). Honestly, I can't understand all the glowing reviews; I can only imagine that people are reviewing the (stellar) riverside location and the fun times they had, not the actual lodging facilities. Or maybe the cabins are far, far better than the suites in the main building. Here are a few details:
- Cobwebs and active spiderwebs in/on curtains, walls and ceiling.
- Missing screen in both faucets (bathroom, kitchenette) made water spray out of the faucet, all over and around the sink. (Told owner about this shortly after we checked in, but no action taken during our 2-day stay.)
- Plaster literally crumbling away from walls in quite a few places.
In addition to the foregoing problems, the place was about as rustic as it gets. That's okay for some people, but if that bothers you, then don't stay here.
- Furnishings, linens, etc. that were probably 20+ years old.
- Haphazard and incomplete collection of glasses, plates, silverware, pans etc. in kitchenette.
- Crumbling plaster (as noted), wall repairs that didn't match the paint/styling around it, etc.
- Suite A is located next to the road, so it was quite loud (vast numbers of deafening Harley Davidson motorcycle riders ALL weekend long).
- No housekeeping service during our stay.
- Suite A is huge. There was one bed, but if the owner provides cots/fold-out beds, you could easily fit at least four people in here.
- Grounds and location right on the river is a big plus, so maybe the room wouldn't be so bad if you spent most of your time outside.
- The hotel provided a crib for the room, which was unexpected and appreciated.
We caught a brief glimpse of the interior of one of the cabins, and it seemed to be in much better condition than our room. So it's possible all of the positive reviews here are based on accommodations that are a lot better than Suite A. But if you have other options nearby, I'd pursue those instead. The room we stayed in was worth only a fraction of the $400 we spent for 2 nights.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your The Elms Waterfront Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elms Waterfront Cottages Hotel Lake Luzerne
- The Elms Waterfront Cottages Lake Luzerne, NY - Lake George