“better than ever”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Ciro's has been a landmark restaurant for years but has taken on a significant upgrade with their new tavern menu and some changes to its recipies. They serve excellent Italian fare and their house staple Minestrone soup is delicious. Top it all with family friendly service, an inviting cozy bar, and you have all the ingredients for an enjoyable dining experience.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I love their chicken parmesan here. The service is great too. I have never been disappointed eating at Ciro's. Location and atmosphere also is very nice.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our dinner here was most enjoyable.
Our waitress was wonderful. We enjoyed our entrees with the house minnestrone soup, bread and a salad.
I enjoyed the Veal Anthony ($20.95) which was veal topped with eggplant and mozzarella cheese and a side of spaghetti. Delicious. Really enjoyed the sauce. It did not have a sweet taste which is not to my liking. I had half of it left over to bring home.
My husband enjoyed his Veal Parmesan ($18.95) and struggled to eat it all. He opted for penne instead of spaghetti. A glass of house wine was $6.
While the soup, bread and entrees were fresh and homemade, I wish the salad dressing had been homemade too.
I would return to this restaurant next time we are in the area.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I must say I did not have high expectations as I typically do not have much luck with Italian food away fromthe NYC/Long Island area, but the quality was very good. Bread was fresh, minestrone soup was excellent, and the main course was excellent. I had the veal and shrimp parm which was thin and tender. Sauce flavor was very good on the veal, however was very watered down on the pasta. I think the chef may not have drained the pasta enough. Aside from the pasta sauce, I would definitely return. The best part of this restaurant is its location, which was within walking distance of our cottage.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was camping with friends at Alpine Lake and they have gone several times. It was my first time and I felt like I was over a friends house for dinner. Everything was superb. Can't wait to go back!