“Worth visiting”

Bennett's Riding Stables
Reviewed September 2, 2013

When we arrived we were greeted by some staff who quickly helped up get on our way with our trail ride and even let me borrow boots since I was in flip flops (they provided new clean socks). Since you can't make reservations we waited around for about 20 minutes for horses to return which really wasnt bad at all. After we started our trail with a small group (there was only 5 us including the guide). The downside was there was no views just the mountain trail you were on. But I would return, very friendly/ welcoming staff!

1  Thank TheWanderlusterxx
"inexperienced riders"
in 4 reviews
"beautiful trails"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this stable"
in 2 reviews
"horses"
in 61 reviews
"woods"
in 12 reviews
"guide"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I visited Bennett's Stables in the Fall of 2011. Long story short, my wife was thrown from her horse due to a crazy untrained horse and a loose saddle. The owner and guide of the stable denied that there was any problem with the saddle and the trail guide changed his story on some of the other details of the ride. They seemed like sincere honest people but people change when money is involved. I would never suggest this place to anyone. I’m just thankful the injuries sustained were not worse than they were.

1  Thank royj14
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We did the 1-hour trail in late August (Dad, 19-year old, and 9-year old). We had a great time and our guide was awesome.

1  Thank AMECTraveler
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My family and I went horseback riding yesterday for the first time. We chose this place based on reviews. Well let me just say our experience was awesome. The staff was very friendly and our guide was great. Highly recommended.

1  Thank amattam209
See more reviews
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I took my two daughters (10 & 13) for a one hour trail ride during a weekday afternoon. We had to wait for maybe 20-30 minutes before we were able to start our journey, but it was completely worth it! We had a private guide take us up a beautiful trail and even stopped at a watering hole along the way. My youngest daughter rode on a horse right behind the guide, then my 13 year old, then myself. I felt so comfortable having the guide close to my daughter. At one point her horse began eating in the field, and the guide was able to go over and easily assist her in redirecting the horse. Our guide, Lizzy, was incredibly sweet and patient, and answered lots of questions my daughters had along the way. I felt completely relaxed and it was a peaceful and soul-nurturing experience all-in-all. The horses are beautiful and well cared for. Anyone under 17 must wear a helmet. I'd recommend wearing sneakers and long pants, just to be comfortable. I wish it was a little bit more inexpensive ($25 for 1/2 hr or $39 for 1 hr plus they encourage you to tip the guide) because we would have gone back again the following day! Needless to say, the next time we are in town Bennett's Stables will be a stop we make!

2  Thank Lauren M