“Untrained Horse” 1 of 5 bubbles

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Untrained Horse”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I visited Bennett's Stables in the Fall of 2011. Long story short, my wife was thrown from her horse due to a crazy untrained horse and a loose saddle. The owner and guide of the stable denied that there was any problem with the saddle and the trail guide changed his story on some of the other details of the ride. They seemed like sincere honest people but people change when money is involved. I would never suggest this place to anyone. I’m just thankful the injuries sustained were not worse than they were.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Roy J

Eastern U.S.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Friendly, skilled staff, and beautiful trails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We did the 1-hour trail in late August (Dad, 19-year old, and 9-year old). We had a great time and our guide was awesome.

1 Thank AMECTraveler
Massapequa, New York
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My family and I went horseback riding yesterday for the first time. We chose this place based on reviews. Well let me just say our experience was awesome. The staff was very friendly and our guide was great. Highly recommended.

1 Thank amattam209
Clifton Park, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A wonderful first ride experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I took my two daughters (10 & 13) for a one hour trail ride during a weekday afternoon. We had to wait for maybe 20-30 minutes before we were able to start our journey, but it was completely worth it! We had a private guide take us up a beautiful trail and even stopped at a watering hole along the way. My youngest daughter rode on a horse right behind the guide, then my 13 year old, then myself. I felt so comfortable having the guide close to my daughter. At one point her horse began eating in the field, and the guide was able to go over and easily assist her in redirecting the horse. Our guide, Lizzy, was incredibly sweet and patient, and answered lots of questions my daughters had along the way. I felt completely relaxed and it was a peaceful and soul-nurturing experience all-in-all. The horses are beautiful and well cared for. Anyone under 17 must wear a helmet. I'd recommend wearing sneakers and long pants, just to be comfortable. I wish it was a little bit more inexpensive ($25 for 1/2 hr or $39 for 1 hr plus they encourage you to tip the guide) because we would have gone back again the following day! Needless to say, the next time we are in town Bennett's Stables will be a stop we make!

2 Thank Lauren M
Port Jefferson Station, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent experience, great time had by all!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We took the hour long trail ride with Bennett's. We had a mix of people who had ridden a few times before and first-timers. We rode through a trail in the woods, stopping to water the horses. The horses were well-behaved and the staff was awesome. We plan to head back to Bennett's next year when we head back to Lake George again.

Visited July 2013