“AMAZING!”

Adirondack Tubing Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for a great, relaxing way for your family and friends to beat the heat, chill out and go with the flow? Adirondack Tubing Adventures provides guided lazy river tubing, rafting and kayaking trips for all ages. The calm, pristine water offers a perfect float trip for families, with water levels ranging from 2-4 ft. This is a fantastic way to spend the day in the Adirondacks. It's the perfect family adventure! Reservations are FREE and highly recommended!
Bronx, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

It was so much fun! the guides were so amazing, one person in particular i'd like to point out, I think her name was Beth. My brother absolutely loved her. She was really nice too. The water was very shallow at some points, then deep at other points, but it's still okay for people who can't swim ( like me) they have tubes for the younger kids and have ropes so parents can attach their child's tube to theirs. One group had a birthday party in the water, cake and everything, it was interesting to watch. One the way back was very wet and grimy. The buses were small and cramped and everyone was wet, it was kind of gross. But all in all the trip was amazing and you just have to go!

2 Thank Nowshen

• Polish first
East Syracuse, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very cool”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

A lazy river on The Hudson, you take a very bumpy bus ride then get out along The Hudson river and tube down it for either 2 hours, or 3-4 hours. Two hours would probably be enough for most people. The trip was very fun for the first 80% of the 3-4 hour trip but the last bit started to drag because the river wasn't too fast, possibly because the water was kind of low. Our tour guide, Keith was very good, he was knowledgeable, and funny. You stop at one point to jump off of this boulder and watch the train go by. Try to early on a weekday because you are more likely to get a smaller group which is definitely better for this experience. It was fairly expensive but par for the course in Lake George

New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Want to go back!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great time was had. Brought two teenagers visiting from Missouri. They were amazed by the beauty of the area. Relaxing for the adults, entertaining for the teenagers. I would not recommend renting the water shoes useless you really don't have anything you don't mine getting wet. Save money --heavy duty flip flops will do. The extra money for the tube with a back was well worth it though. Guides were professional and always aware of our location on the river and kept us away from rocks, shore etc..... Plan to go back with friends for a longer trip.

1 Thank ClimberNewYork
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Professional”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Five of us went on a 2 hour tubeing trip, four adults & one teenager. A nice relaxing trip, guides were professional, knew the river well, and worked hard. The gear was well taken care of. Easy in, easy out, and lots of fun. Well priced. Definately rent the water shoes if you don't have any. We also rented a cooler raft and that was helpful to carry some snacks and beverages. I recommend getting there at least 20 minutes early to register, get life vest and get on their bus.

1 Thank amac151
Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Just what a lazy river should be and more!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to beat the heat and do a lazy river w/ the Adirondack Tubing Adventures. I checked around and this seemed to me the best bet and I was right. Everything was very affordable, organized and the staff was super friendly. They have bathrooms, changing room, life jackets, water shoes (rent or own) all in decent shape. I just wore my flip flops but for the not so agile you will deft want to wear the water shoes. You don't have a choice you have to have something on your feet. It's not smart to wear your glasses or bring anything w/ you that is unnecessary (two people on our trip were fooling around in the kayaks and lost their glasses, oops.) (A word to the wise for all the females, I wore my bathing suit top and bottoms but put shorts over my bottoms so I didn't have to worry about them falling off or adjusting, I wouldn't do sun glasses unless they float, flip flops are fine if you aren't going to cry when you lose them, hair tie, change of clothes and towel) They also have a small cooler with various drinks. The location is convenient because there is a small local store next door where you can get pretty much anything you need BUT no ATM (I wanted to tip my guide for doing such an AWESOME job!) We did the 2 hour trip and it was very fun and relaxing. We upgraded for just a few dollars on the tube w/ a back rest and drink cup (worth it) The short bus trip to the river was adventurous and quick, during the trip our guide gave us some insight on the river and what we would be doing upon arrival. To mix things up a bit our guide, Blake (the best) gave us the option of jumping off some rocks or head to a beach, our group decided the beach. My boyfriend and I tied our tubes together which I preferred that way we could stay together and just relax. Our guide knew the river like the back of his hand, letting us know what we would be expecting and where to go on the river all the while navigating us with his kayak to make sure we were going in the right direction, talking and making us laugh. The trip was scenic, relaxing and fun. I highly recommend Adirondack Tubing Adventures and their guide Blake if you wish to have the best lazy river experience. The next time we go we are going to try the 4 hour trip. If you want something that is organized, convenient, clean, safe, affordable, and NOT gimmicky like, Tubby Tubes, then this would be your best bet BY FAR!

1 Thank Sara R