“Not a 4 star hotel!!!!!”
Review of Pointe Venus Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rodrigues Island
Pointe Venus Hotel
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Checked in in december 2012. At first sight, the room looked great to me and the view of Port Mathurin and the sea were marvellous. Then I noticed that the room was poorly maintained- the divan was unclean with a small amount of hair in one of its corners, the shower's tap did not work and sometimes a foul smell came from the bathroom. Towels were yellowish and were changed only every 3 days! The room had ants which invaded my suitcase. The mini bar was out of order. The AC and fan were in good shape though. The food was average- breakfast was great, I loved the chocolate bread and the french bread too. Dinner was bad... no variety of food. Entertainment was average though. What I liked was the quietness of that place which was excellent for relaxation. Ive also been to the hamam which is quite unclean. The major plus point of this hotel remains its proximity with Port Mathurin. Id prefer looking for another hotel for my next visit to Rodrigues.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank SarahPrune

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel location is nice, it is found on Pointe Venus hill, giving a superb view to the sea. Fron the hotel we even have a small door down the restaurant, which gives to a road leading to Port Mathurin. From this door we have a 5 minute walk only to reach the capital of the island, which is Port Mathurin.
Room service is very nice, unfortunately same cannot be said about the receptionist. She does not have the common sense to escalate an issue to the hotel director or manager.

Food at the restaurant is nice, be it breakfast or diner.

The SPA however is not up to the level. The personnel are in fact kids aged between 18 - 20 yrs. I paid Rs 1,000 for a "massage relaxation" and i could not even feel their hands. When i added a remark, they got upset, angry and said "if it is relaxation, its light, if you don't understand, then better choose another massage".

Appalling SPA, receptionist lacks maturity, good venue, nice place, good room service and nice food.

Room Tip: You can close your eyes about the room, but be careful in calling for the director in case of issues...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Dikinson M
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Its a very good hotel..service is good...what I've liked the most is the proximity with Port Mathurin and a splendid view of Anse au Anglais for a great sunset!!! Food is good!!! Relaxing place...its clean...a new look from traditional Rodrigues Hotel service.I love its terrace and its pool.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Yashoda N
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Arrived with my wife at Pointe Venus Hotel for ours 40 years anniversary.
Charming reception but that all.
Hotel run down window on sliding door spit on room 209.
with dirty bed sheets.
mentionned to staff but nothing was done.
Bar fridge empty no milk or water no coffee or the or sugar.
Booked semi pention very desappointing evening meal . poor choices.
decided to go in town restaurants the next evening.
This hotel needs a lot of personal care to compete for international travelers and not worth for a 4 stars clacification.as mention on your internet site.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with OIT Hotels
3  Thank FUFUBOBBY
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Good and clean hotel. Rooms clean. Room service everyday when a rock is placed on the bed. I was on holiday there in August 2012. Interesting swimming pool. Gym also was good. Everywhere was clean. Food was good for me as I am vegetarian. They prepare special vegetarian food for us. I heard others said non-vegetarian food was also good. Good Entertainment at night. We could see a lovely sea view from the balcony. Hotel Staff and administration was friendly and ok.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Milouhappy
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I think its the perfect place for a peaceful and unforgetable holiday. The food is so delicious, the rooms very beautifully set. And it is very well situated in Port Mathurin. I have been there in January 2012, i had booked a five day trip with my travel agency. They had arranged everything perfectly. I tried to contact the hotel directly but i think they sell their packages via registered Tour Operators. So i had to book mine with my agent. if you wish to have a quote you may wish to contact a reliable Tour Operator in Mauritius. Skyfly Travel & Tours it is situated in Pamplemousses contact no. 2438456 / 9497815. Or type skyflytravel.net on google you will get their website. i hope that this will help.

Room Tip: Exellent for Honeymooners, lovers, families and friends
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank aquariummauritius
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Pointe Venus hotel in June 2012. I enjoyed the overall experience very much. It was situated at the top of a hill, which has it's good and bad points. The postive side to this was that we had a lovely sea view from our balcony. The downside of being at the top of a hill was that we had quite alot of walking to do just to get to the nearest town and walking back up to the hotel was hot and thirsty work! But you can cool off in the nice hotel pool afterwards! The hotel seemed like quite a romantic place to be. Most of the guests at the hotel were couples.

We enjoyed being half board, although we were dismayed when we were told on our first night that a drink was not included with our evening meal and would have to be paid for as an extra! Apart from this, we were satisfied with our meals. Our hotel breakfasts were an unusual combination of things and were neither a traditional English breakfast nor a continental breakfast. The hotel restaurant was situated beside the pool and with no walls was the perfect place to enjoy views of the sea while eating. I especially loved having breakfast and looking out at the sunny, beautiful scenery. One thing i enjoyed very much was the live singing and piano playing by local musicians, while we were having our evening meal in the hotel restaurant. The musicians sung a good mixture of songs including popular Western songs and sega style songs.

Our room was a very good size, was nicely decorated and had air con and a nice balcony. Our en-suite was also really nice. However, water is rare in Rodrigues so they asked that guests used water carefully. Our room was cleaned everyday and we were satisfied with that.

One thing to be aware of is that all the shops close at 4pm on the island. The shops are also very small but do have a certain interesting charactor to them. There is a market where they sell interesting locally made pickles in the main town near pointe venus hotel.

The island is not at all developed but that is part of it's charm. You will not find anything like a KFC or Mac Donalds on the island!! The local people speak mainly just French there.

I recommend hiring a taxi with driver who can take you sight seeing. Or alternatively hire a 4x4 car as quite a few of the roads are very very bumpy. But if you go exploring, I recommend seeing the beaches at Pointe Coton because these were the most beautiful beaches I'd ever seen and it was very peaceful there.

Room Tip: The higher floors give you a better view of the sea.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple