If you are thinking of going to Gambia just book it. It hooks you in and you find yourself going back again and again.
Myself and my 16 year old daughter stayed at the Sheraton in April 2013. It was a mother and daughter relaxing holiday and the Sheraton was just perfect for our needs. We had been to Gambia twice before and stayed at the Kombo Beach, which was also lovely but much more expensive and not as good value overall.
We liked the fact that the Sheraton was away from the hustle and bustle of the local town, although we did visit a couple of Gambian schools whilst there - well worth doing (take lots of pens, books etc). Staff were incredibly friendly, we felt very comfortable and everyone was welcoming and friendly.
The F&B Manager Mario was extremely professional, friendly and seemed to have his finger on the pulse of everything that was happening in the bar and restaurant areas. Food was completely amazing. We have stayed in many all inclusive hotels worldwide and the food at the Sheraton Gambia is high quality and varied. I liked the fact that we weren't fed a constant diet of chips and pizza which is what you get at some other all inclusives. Fresh fish was available twice a day and was accompanied by a salsa-dancing chef. You just don't get that at home...
We visited the spa for manicures and pedicures - it was ridiculously good value and we couldn't believe how little we paid (about £10 a treatment) for the services we got.
Every evening there is a live band/singer - high quality entertainment that we really appreciated as we sat in the bar overlooking the beach with the sun going down.
We will be back to Gambia for a 4th time next year and are planning to stay at the Sheraton again. Can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Sheraton Gambia Hotel Resort & Spa, enjoy the tropical leisure, sand, sea and and the tranquillity of our spa. The unique, spectacular architecture, with its blocks of 186 guest rooms perched on two cliffs overlooking the Atlantic coastline, provides a serene environment. Tropical palm and baobab trees dotted along the immaculate landscape allow gentle Atlantic sea breezes to flow. Cozy guest rooms with private balconies offer unmasked sea views right from the comfort of your bed and the attractive all-inclusive concept surrounds your treat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gambia Coral Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Gambia Hotel Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Gambia Hotel Serekunda
- Sheraton Serekunda
- Serekunda Sheraton
- Gambia Coral Beach Hotel & Spa Serekunda