Some of the reviews on TripAdvisor made us fear the worst about the country and its amenities in general, but things turned out ok.
Beautiful setting, fantastic baobab trees, beach immediately in front of hotel (and not spoiled by hordes of 'guides' etc...), go for the all-in if you can: buffets are not the gastronomic top but they are very diverse and often rich (lobster tails e.g.).
Pool water could be a bit cleaner and the whole place has seen somewhat better times.
Service perfectly ok. Very friendly people all over.
Note that there is little to do in the Gambia except for fleeing the European winter, but it is ideal for that purpose and this hotel is perfectly up to such.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Sheraton Gambia Hotel Resort & Spa, enjoy the tropical leisure, sand, sea and and the tranquillity of our spa. The unique, spectacular architecture, with its blocks of 186 guest rooms perched on two cliffs overlooking the Atlantic coastline, provides a serene environment. Tropical palm and baobab trees dotted along the immaculate landscape allow gentle Atlantic sea breezes to flow. Cozy guest rooms with private balconies offer unmasked sea views right from the comfort of your bed and the attractive all-inclusive concept surrounds your treat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gambia Coral Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Gambia Hotel Serekunda
- Sheraton Gambia Hotel Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Serekunda
- Serekunda Sheraton
- Gambia Coral Beach Hotel & Spa Serekunda