Seven Olives Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Lalibela
See available hotels
Aman Hotel(Lalibela)
Maribella Hotel(Lalibela)
Tukul Village(Lalibela)
  • Pool
Maribela Hotel(Lalibela)
Roha Hotel(Lalibela)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The standout feature of the Seven Olives is the food! While it wasn't the only place I found without hot water during my visit to Ethiopia, bathing here was particularly difficult... Lalilbela gets cold at night!
The bed is comfortable and the staff are pleasant.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jmack_8819
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a lovely, quiet oasis with jacaranda and other trees hosting a delightful variety of bird species. If you enjoy nature, this is a wonderful place to eat. The food was mixed; my son had the toughest chicken ever, but the setting was marvelous and a restful place to rest and watch the bird life. We ate here but did not sleep here.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NellieN57
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Watch out for the ammount of food you order, the hotel restaurant serves the biggest portions I've seen in Ethiopia (eg: Tte fasting food set is good for 3 people!). Everything was delicious, it was worth the 40 minute walk from the place we were staying :)

Room Tip: I was only at the restaurant.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MariaCNeves
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We didn't stay overnight at this hotel, but visited one evening to have a traditional Ethiopian coffee on the tarrace and watch the sunset... This was the best coffee I have drunk and the view was astonishing. No we regret spending so little time there. Service and landscapes seen from this hotel was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Barry_O999
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I just got back from my second trip to Ethiopia and I wish to God I'd read the reviews on here before i returned to the Seven Olives, which is now an utter mess -- last year, however, it was terrific. The new management are total thugs -- all of the sweet charms and the people I met there last year (which is why I went back in the first place) is gone. When I got back my friend sent me a list from an article on Glittersnipe that mentioned where the old manager is working and though I couldn't have afforded his new place I so wish I knew where he was -- his name was Mesflin (or something similar) -- just to say hi -- the new people pretended like they'd never heard of them - and Daniel who organized my trips last year wasn't there either. To be honest, the water was no better than it was last year but it's their nasty response to my querries about when the hot water would come back only told me that I'll certainly never be back. Oh, and the touts are crawling all over the place and when I complained at the front desk one of them showed up -- and pulled up a chair -- behind the desk! They're all in cohoots now. If you have the money go read that article about Lalibela on Glittersnipe and stay at Mesfin's place -- there's a newer and cooler tej bet that's not mentioned in the article but I can't remember the -- just ask your hotel about the one that's not Torpedo (even though that place is fine)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo