“Nice restaurant near the old churches of Lalibela” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seven Olives Hotel Restaurant

Seven Olives Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Lalibela
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
“Nice restaurant near the old churches of Lalibela”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The outside atmosphere is nice and friendly. Food is good, when you have a rest from your church tours.

Visited April 2013

Stockholm, Sweden
“Fine view, good and reasonably priced food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had two lunches and a breakfast at Seven Olives while in Lalibela. The restaurant has a fine location in a grove on a slope that overlooks the town and is uncommonly tidy well kept. The food (mainly traditional) is above average quality- a marked improvement from last year! (I visited the restaurant also June 2012; at that time I did not find it worth the trouble to review..). Good & friendly service, pleasant atmosphere. A good place to relax from church-sighting.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mainz, Germany
“Traditional food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had dinner at the Seven Olives while we stayed in Lalibela. They offer a nice choice of traditional dishes and everything we had was very good and tasty.The atmosphere was very nice and the staff attentive. So overall a good experience and I can recommend to eat there.

Visited June 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Very delicious and fair priced food!! The staff is friendly and the outdoor patio seating is most enjoyable. A great place to have a beer, eat lunch, and relax. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Beautiful view, indifferent staff, mediocre food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My guidebook said the chef there had been trained by an Italian and was a cut above other restaurants in town. The location is gorgeous, with both a terrace and indoor restaurant. The indoor section is a tukul (typical local round building) with a high circular pointed colorful padded ceiling resembling the braided rugs my grandmother used to make from rags. On the walls are attractive frescoes. However, the charms stop there. The white crewel-work tablecloth at my table was filthy with the evidence of many previous meals. The chairs and tables were anti-functional and I kept bruising my shins on a metal bar blocking the space any diner would need under the table.
As for the food, all of my choices were unavailable and I finally settled for pasta that was tasty but was so unattractively presented that, as my brothers used to say as kids, it looked like someone else had eaten it first. Despite the fact that I was the only patron, the staff members all sat in an alcove behind the cash register talking and laughing uproariously and totally ignoring me. To the extent that every time I tried to get their attention they just stared at me as if I were an intruder. To cap it all off, when I wanted to pay, they told me the cashier was off duty (!!!!!!).
I had walked more than 20 minutes to get away from the inedible food at my own hotel and frankly wondered why I had bothered.

• Visited June 2013