TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Everything you want in a backpackers

Standard backpacker rooms, but location is great, Nati is excellent- very accommodating, if you... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Amina F
County Cork, Ireland
Amazing 3 day trip Simien Mountains

I booked my trip through Nati from the Manuhie Backpackers Lodge in Bahir Dar. I chose to go by... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Henri C

All reviews backpackers lodge blue nile falls danakil depression lake tana a great stay simien mountains great tour fair price excellent trip organised tour his friends place is great northern ethiopia day trip ura kidane nati monasteries
Selected filters
Reviewed December 23, 2016 via mobile
Review of: Day in Bahir Dar

On the first day I went to the waterfalls. They are less impressive in the dry season but still a great sight. The walk there is also very scenic. 2nd day I went to the museum and a dance show in the evening. On the 3rd day we went bird watching at Natti's secret spot. Natti is an amazing guide and a great host to discover Bahir Dar.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed December 23, 2016
Review of: Day in Bahir Dar

When I reached Bahir Dar June 25th and came out of my bus, he was already there and it was a relief. Not to mention that he advised me to choose a stop before main station (easy & chill). During all my time there, where I also met beautiful people (Thinking about Ahmed, Despoina, the belgium & uk teams mostly), we had all sorts of fun times like him dropping me in a ghetto bar to watch the football games with 100 ethiopians and take me again after. Going at midnite in town to find me food because of severe munchies. Finding me a driver to go somewhere for a whole day. Guiding me here, there and almost everywhere around BD.
The lodge crew was lovely, sharing the same family spirit so that I've spent 5 days instead of 3. What else ? Lots of blessings to Manuhie Family... Tena Yistillin Wandame!

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed December 12, 2016

Nati went out of his way to be helpful, arranging excellent tours for us, helping us with the state of emergency and fixing our IT problems. We liked him and felt confident in his arrangements and reliability. Excellent value for money.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed December 12, 2016

That's my first review in TripAdvisor as Nati deserved to have a praise online. Nati picked me up when I arrived Bahar Dar by bus and directly back to the hostel (where his office is). Throughout my stay in Bahar Dar Nati help me to arrange everything, from day trips in Bahar Dar, recommended restaurants, or even flight tickets from Gondar to Axum, make sure I have a great time in Ethiopia. He also helped me to sort out the problem when I am in Harar. Not only for business but Nati are trying to make friends with everyone he meet. I highly recommended BD Backpacker Tours to everyone who are going to Ethiopia, or travellers who are having fun in Ethiopia right now. You will not regret with this decision!

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed December 12, 2016

Amazing tour arrangements, customised to suit our interests.
We'd done a little pre-reading so had some ideas of what we wanted to see in the Bahar Dah area. With this info and a few suggestions from Nati, he organised a tour of the City and surrounding area.
It was brilliant: We saw a Monestry, we're not really that interested in seeing lots of those, so he advised which was best and we skipped the rest. This left more time for the trip on the lake and watching the Hippos - that's more our thing :-) He took us for a walk around the markets (we hadn't thought of that and were really glad he suggested it), fabulous colours of the spices and ingenious ways of making new from old: old bottles woven into shopping bags, old car tires being turned into chairs etc etc....so clever, fantastic people, great to see!!
Nati (and Co.) made our time in Bahar Dah stress free, and made the most of what little time we had there......they're really helpful genuine people - can't recommend them enough.

Date of experience: November 2016