“Great Value!”

Ranked #34 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Great Value!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here recently, had a wonderful time. You are welcomed by a friendly woman behind the desk - lets you know what is going on in the Village - directed my grandsons to the indoor pool (as she heard them talking about it) and off we went. The rooms are clean, the location is perfect, and we got to see the Saturday night fireworks in the Village from our third floor deck!

Room Tip: ask for the third floor - no parking lot noise, and you can see the lake
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
New City, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2013

What a very nice place to stay. We have been coming here now for several years for the Adirondack Nationals Car Show. What we like is the hotel is so close to the center of town, we could walk to see all of the cars on display. The accommodations were very clean and well kept. The hotel itself had a very bright feel and beautiful hanging flowers everywhere. Since the weather wasn't the best this year we took advantage of the indoor pool. Parking right outside the room a definite plus. The continental breakfast is a bonus. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Lake George and we are looking forward to our stay next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
EconoLodgeDowntown, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback, and we look forward to seeing you next year at the 2014 Adirondack Nationals Car Show.
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My sister and I and our families stayed here a few weeks ago. The rooms are spacious and extremely clean. Also, the breakfast gave us a great start to the day. I look forward to staying there again in the very near future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Room was very clean. Kids loved the pool, and the continental breakfast. Great location next to everything. Price was very reasonable. My hudband loved the free parking included and the room rate. Every staff we came in contact with at the hotel was very nice and accomadating. I liked how clean the room was, extra towels, and the location in downtown Lake George. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and great location. Kids loved the pool and we loved the location. Right in the heart of the action of lake George. We will be back for sure next summer. Oh almost forgot, the continental breakfast is a bonus because it helped us saved money being in a tourist area.

• Stayed August 2013
Bronx, New York, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I visited the Econo Lodge earlier this summer based on a friend's suggestion, and it surpassed my expectations.
It had the continental breakfast, the pool and all the modern conveniences as expected, but it also had a timeless quality that I really loved. I got the feeling that the whole place was transported straight from the eisenhower era. The vintage beach town feel and in such gorgeous shape. The rooms felt clean and new but gave me the impression that the cute young couple in the room next door just might be my parents (or grandparents) on their honeymoon, just town to see Gaslight Village, or rent a boat and some wooden water-skis! I could tell that this whole place is a passion project; immaculate flower beds, freshly painted rooms, clean hallways and parking lots.
Check in was a breeze and they had suggestions for dinner and even a few great suggestions for Wedding Venues, which is why I was in town. In fact I might point out that my fiance and I were there with both of our mothers, and they both really enjoyed their stay as well. (Possibly the only thing they agreed on the whole trip!).
In summation, I would say that this is a GREAT place to stay, it really gives you the classic Lake George Village experience!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have a better lake view, and have tables and chairs on the porch area that are a gre...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Benjamin M
Wexford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We exited Rt. 87 and came into the north end of Lake George Village. We were attracted by Econo Loge on the right because of the hanging flowers, clean white paint and black railings. Parking was available in front and check-in was quick and efficient. An elevator made getting our bags up to our room easy. The room was clean and neat with no odors! Downtown Lake George was easily accessible and we had both an indoor and outdoor pool available.In the morning we had light breakfast fare downstairs. There is no restaurant, but many are available within short walking distance. A good place to stay and reasonable in price.

Desk personnel were very pleasant to deal with.

Room Tip: We think the upper floors are nicer because a balcony walkway has chairs available to sit outside
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple