“OK Stay”

Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
Cornwall, ON
“OK Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our room seemed to be recently renovated. The hotel staff were nice. We were given a ticket for a complementary drink at their hotel bar. I thought that's a nice gesture. Thus was out first stay at this hotel. We may be back in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Bristol, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

There were several good and bad reviews about this hotel and I was reluctant to book this hotel. However, I was traveling with my 2 sons and knew we wouldn't be spending much time at the hotel, so decided to book it. I also got a great deal through AAA.

Upon our arrival, the front desk clerk who looked like she just rolled out of bed said our room wasn't ready. We used the restroom to change and I went back and asked what our room # was or what floor it was on, and the clerk said she didn't know. My question to myself was ' If you don't know what room I'm in then how do you know it's not ready.'. We swam in the very cold and unseated outdoor pool and went back to find our room was ready.

The room itself was great- big, renovated and clean. The view was of the parking lot but there are not any views from anywhere in this hotel. We were there for 3 nights- our sheets were never changed the entire time nor was the room vacuumed- bizarre! In addition there were no towels at the indoor pool, when I called they said they would send them down. They did but it took 50 minutes and a call from another guest.

The cafe at hotel was the pits--- there are many other great places to go nearby- don't waste your $! On day 2 we saw the same girl that checked us in- it still didn't look like she had combed her hair. I'm not sure WHO is running this place, but their lack of concern for the face they show their guests is alarming. Again- great location, good room, but don't stay here more than a night!

Room Tip: We stayed in 216- it was renovated with 2 queens---
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TransforME
Highland Falls, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed there the end of July 2013 for two nights. We had two rooms (Grandpa had one). The rooms were very clean and appropriate. The mattresses were comfortable. The floors were tiled which made any type of clean up easy, but also very slippery when wet. Both rooms had a fridge, which came in handy.
The indoor pool is up and running again. It's small but nice, especially if the weather isn't great or if it's not hot enough outside.
We used the outdoor pool as well. Just fyi that is a small kiddie pool in the pictures, not a hot tub.
The overall experience of the hotel was fine, maybe above average compared to other Lake George hotels.
The staff was friendly. We were able to check in to one of the rooms early and use the pools while we were waiting for the other room to be ready.
You are close enough to walk in to town, if you are in good shape. The walk was a bit much for Grandpa.
The Polynesian show was pricey. I managed to find a coupon for $37 for dinner/show for adults in a guide book. I don't think it would be worth the full price. Although the musicians/dancers are very charming, the stage is small and there was nothing they did that I haven't seen before or amazed me (or the children). They have audience participation which is fun and funny to watch. I feel the price is steep for what you get. The food wasn't great. I had the coconut shrimp. Just seems like something that was frozen that they threw in the frier. It came with a salad and the desert is included (a very tiny piece of not very good chocolate cake). You MUST select your dinner when making the reservation. You also MUST state that the children will eat off the children's menu. There was a family who sat next to us that ended up arguing when the check came. They had 3 children, all got charged the adult price (regular price i think is $45).
Lake George is situated in a beautiful area. Don't limit yourself to whatever hotel you are staying in. Get out and try some of the other establishments there.

Room Tip: Be sure to call ahead! Ask where your room is located and ask for discounts!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LetMeTripPLEASE
Westbury
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Motel was very conviently located close to downtown Lake George. I was traveling with my family and we booked a three night stay. However, after seeing the size of the room, we knew this wouldn't work. We had a room by poolside that was had two full beds which barely fit. The room was way too small to accommodate all of us. Plus, there was an awkward sliding door that separated the bathroom/sink area from the sleeping area. Not sure what that was about. I guess if you were traveling alone or with one other person, this motel would work for you, but for a family of four, it was not a bargain. We tried to switch rooms, but there was nothing available. We wound up going to a different motel a block away which was much better at a better price. I would not stay at this property again. Also, they require a one night stay deposit when booking. Are they serious???

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are small.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert W
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Tiki Resort was a good place to stay. The room was clean, and had a recent makeover I guess because we could see the difference between the modern looking bedroom and the clean but out-of-date bathroom. The outdoor pool is a great place to relax. We enjoyed cocktails at the bar of the hotel. And the hotel is near pretty much everything in Lake George, once you are there you won't need your car to go to town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor, it is more quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mianne76
Cindymdale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for one night before picking my daughter up from camp. Check-in was bumpy - they gave us the wrong room, already occupied!! - but the hotel itself was fine. Rooms were decent, the pool area nice. The layout a little hokey, but that's part of why we picked it. The downside: WiFi did NOT work and the small bottles of water we ordered were $3 each! Better to walk to a nearby Mini-Mart and stock up. It's a bit on the outskirts, but easy to get into the main part of town. We had breakfast at The Bank Cafe in town which we highly recommend! Parking at the hotel was fine. There did seem to be entertainment in the evening which we skipped. There was also some sort of luau dinner which we also skipped.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Westfield, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at the Tiki Resort for a long weekend with another couple and were pleasantly surprised by it. From the pictures I was expecting it to be a bit cheesy but instead I found it to be extremely clean and well-maintained. Our room was very clean and spacious. We did not get a poolside room and I'm glad we didn't because our room was still very close to the pool without having to pay the extra price. The pool was also great. Overall we had a very nice stay but I would have to say that the breakfast was a highlight! The Garden Cafe is located by the front desk and serves a delicious breakfast for a really great price. We went there both mornings and that was a great start to each day. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple