“Stayed one night then switched motels”
Review of The Tiki Resort

The Tiki Resort
Ranked #45 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Motel was very conviently located close to downtown Lake George. I was traveling with my family and we booked a three night stay. However, after seeing the size of the room, we knew this wouldn't work. We had a room by poolside that was had two full beds which barely fit. The room was way too small to accommodate all of us. Plus, there was an awkward sliding door that separated the bathroom/sink area from the sleeping area. Not sure what that was about. I guess if you were traveling alone or with one other person, this motel would work for you, but for a family of four, it was not a bargain. We tried to switch rooms, but there was nothing available. We wound up going to a different motel a block away which was much better at a better price. I would not stay at this property again. Also, they require a one night stay deposit when booking. Are they serious???

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are small.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert W

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Tiki Resort was a good place to stay. The room was clean, and had a recent makeover I guess because we could see the difference between the modern looking bedroom and the clean but out-of-date bathroom. The outdoor pool is a great place to relax. We enjoyed cocktails at the bar of the hotel. And the hotel is near pretty much everything in Lake George, once you are there you won't need your car to go to town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor, it is more quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mianne76
Reviewed August 7, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for one night before picking my daughter up from camp. Check-in was bumpy - they gave us the wrong room, already occupied!! - but the hotel itself was fine. Rooms were decent, the pool area nice. The layout a little hokey, but that's part of why we picked it. The downside: WiFi did NOT work and the small bottles of water we ordered were $3 each! Better to walk to a nearby Mini-Mart and stock up. It's a bit on the outskirts, but easy to get into the main part of town. We had breakfast at The Bank Cafe in town which we highly recommend! Parking at the hotel was fine. There did seem to be entertainment in the evening which we skipped. There was also some sort of luau dinner which we also skipped.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at the Tiki Resort for a long weekend with another couple and were pleasantly surprised by it. From the pictures I was expecting it to be a bit cheesy but instead I found it to be extremely clean and well-maintained. Our room was very clean and spacious. We did not get a poolside room and I'm glad we didn't because our room was still very close to the pool without having to pay the extra price. The pool was also great. Overall we had a very nice stay but I would have to say that the breakfast was a highlight! The Garden Cafe is located by the front desk and serves a delicious breakfast for a really great price. We went there both mornings and that was a great start to each day. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lianne H
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The staff go out of there way to make sure you have a fabulous time! make sure you catch the show!!! and the location cant be beat ! right up the street for from the beach and within walking distance to all the restos and arcades

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank samhart
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My three girls really liked the Polynesian theme of the hotel. Loved the Big Easter Island head in the front of the hotel. I didn't realize there was a motel side to the resort, which we were put in. But it was ok, it was quiet because we were there mid- week. The room was very clean except for a few spots on the walls which kinda stood out - why the staff missed this was beyond me.
The indoor pool was new and very nice, but it was beyond me why it was behind a big conference room and the backcourt yard of the hotel - not much daylight coming into the area since it was directly under the outdoor pool.I would have tried the bar at the end of the nights we were there except there was a really funky smell in that room. I didn't have much contact with staff; our room wasn't done by late in the afternoon and by the time the maid got there I just told her to give us some more towels and take the trash and we were ok. The location is great, next to the fort and you can walk to everything in the village in 10 to 20 minutes. Would return, good value I thought.

Room Tip: The motel side did overlook the outdoor pool, can't say what the hotel rooms were like.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

It's a pretty big place with lots of parking. It was about a quarter of a mile into town where the stores & restaurants are so it was a nice little walk. The room was clean with plenty of towels. The bathroom is a little small. The king size bed was pretty comfy. It did have a separate tiny area with a couch & 2nd tv, which was cool. The only drawback was we were on the ground floor facing the parking lot so you couldn't open the curtains. Didn't get to use the pool but it looked ok.

• Stayed: July 2013