“Most Excellent Tiki-ness!”
Review of The Tiki Resort

The Tiki Resort
Ranked #45 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed November 5, 2012

ALWAYS WONDERFUL!!! Enjoy the tiki resort so very much - the Staff really make a difference in making this place a great little retreat. And definitely don't miss the Paradise Lounge for a few cocktails & the Polynesian dinner show done by a wonderful Samoan family is a definite not-to-be-missed!!! Walking distance to downtown Lake George & the lake itself. LOVE The Tiki Resort!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank AustinTikiGirl

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Polynesian in the Adirondacks? Where's the logic in that? Well, I didn't pick the place. I was just here for a large group function, in October, when the town begins its hibernation season. Clean rooms and excellent prices, and parking right outside my room in the motel part. My one complaint is that the plastic cups supplied were so thin I ruined two of them trying to get them out of their hygienic plastic wrappers ... but didn't know it until my beer started leaking out!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you are going to the Tiki, I suggest that you rent a room from the hotel section and not the motel section. When we got there we were placed in the motel portion on the right side of the resort. The rooms had no carpeting. Only cold tile floors that were a bit slippery if wet or in socks.The rooms had all the usual things but seemed well warn. Our room was on the 2nd floor at the end near the pool and there is only one set of stairs in the center of the building. This was not very convenient. They have a large beautiful outdoor pool but the indoor pool was small and very run down and it was only 4 foot at the deepest end. During our stay they had a water pipe break and I had to wait 2 1/2 hours before I could take a shower. Kind of ruined half a day of sight seeing. . The hotel section looked very nice as we walked around looking for the fitness room.The lobby was pretty and the staff were ok. They also have a restaurant on premises and do a Polynesian show that we weren't able to attend. There is a bar and outdoor patio also. My suggestion is to pay the extra and stay in the hotel section if you are to stay at the Tiki Resort. I just don't think we will be staying there again any time soon.

Room Tip: Get a room in the building with the lobby and not in the motel section to the right of the main hote...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robin P
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed at the Tiki 2 times in the past 6 weeks. My first visit was in August and my fiance and I really liked it there. The staff was great and very friendly. Our room was nice and the only complaint I have was that there was a lot of hair on the floor in the bathroom and sink area. We were also awakened at 430am both nights from a loud screeching noise coming from the next room. The noises continued every few minutes... we found out that there was an "autistic" child staying in that room with his family. (we realize that this was not the hotels fault)
The second time I stayed in September with a relative and the room was ok other that the mirrors on the closet doors were both broken with tape on them and the fan in the bathroom was so loud that it rumbled the whole room... The coffee pot still had coffee in it and the used filter was still in it also. The alarm clock kept going off and I couldn't shut it off... someone must have set it who had stayed there previously. They were fairly minor things.. i would stay again.

My recommendation would be to double check the cleanliness of the rooms before they are assigned. And also do a check on if there are children with any disabilities... Try to keep people with children in one area and Adults traveling without children in a "quieter" section...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My family and I arrived at The Tiki Resort in Lake George the week of Aug 27th. Before booking this resort, we read many other reviews on Trip Advisor and many were not favorable. My wife decided to give the resort the benefit of the doubt and call the resort directly to address the reviews, specially all the comments regarding mold in the rooms. My wife and son are highly allergic to mold, and this was a health concern for us as well as a cleanliness issue. After conversation with the general manager of the resort, my wife was assured that the pool building had the mold issues as a result of the pool but the main hotel building has been renovated, and she assured my wife that we were going to get a renovated room in the main hotel building. So we trusted what we heard and made a reservation. Upon checking in to the resort, with the a/c broken in the lobby, we headed to our room. Yes it was in the main hotel building, and on the first floor (of which the building has 3 floors and no elevator). What we found was not to our understanding of renovated. We not only found mold on the bathroom ceiling, but several other problems. The bathroom door was only partially painted, and broken on the bottom preventing it from closing. There was a crack in the wall near the patio doors, telling us there are problems with the structure. After taking many pictures, the next morning we went to the front desk, where the manager on duty showed much concern, and wished she had the permission or authority to help us directly, but unfortunately she did not. She told us we had to speak to the general manager who would be in soon. We waited around for quite awhile, but the general manager did not show. Not wanting to waste our day, we went on with our plans and decided to check back later. When we finally met up with the general manager, the one who actually made our reservation, and my wife refreshed her regarding the phone conversation they had before the reservation was made, she actually remembered the conversation. As a matter of symantics, she said her definition of the word renovated was a new flat panel TV and new pillow top mattress. She said nothing about the mold or cracked doors or walls. At this point we felt very mislead and/or lied to. She was could not deny the pictures we showed her and she proceeded to ask the different department heads to walk through the room. Housekeeping, Maintenance all could agreed this room should not have been available for use. My wife insisted that the general manager come look for herself and after that she proceeded to look for another room that would satisfy us. One that was actually renovated. Unfortunately no room of the same type that we had was available or had been really renovated. She took us to another floor and showed us a room that was obviously renovated to anyone definition of the word. Fresh paint, new tiles in the bathroom, working patio doors, working bathroom doors and NO MOLD. We accepted that room for the rest of the week. The general manager did adjust our rate for our inconvenience.
Other general issues we found staying at the resort was the difficulty of finding towels at the pool. When speaking to the grounds people, most had a very non caring attitude or they would respond that we had to go to the front desk. Any other resort I have ever stayed out, the response would be, they will be right out and there they came. I once again visited the front desk to voiced our complaint. The front desk task, very well on top of issues and caring, immediately called to get towels to the pool, but one day they did not show up to 4:30pm. That day we got sick and tired of waiting and we actually went to get our own towels from a housekeepiong cart in the hall. What terrible customer service.
I definitely think the Tiki Resort in Lake George has potential. I can only hope the general manager reads this review and takes it seriously. It all starts at the top, so to blame the staff is not the answer. If you show top notch customer service, (think Disney) , the rest of the staff with follow suit. Out vacation did turn out to be just fine, and we did appreciate the manager on duty who only wished she could have done more for us, and you know who you all are.

Room Tip: Room 118 and 218 are the newest renovated modern looking rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mark H
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We traveled here Labor Day weekend, 2012, three couples. The receptionist let us register before the 4:00 check-in time so all we needed to do was get the room keys when ready. It's about a 15 minute walk to the Village, but there's a trolley that runs every half-hour too. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. The Tiki lounge was a lot of fun because there was karaoke at night and our group does that as a hobby. Very friendly bartenders, great DJ and hosts. The outdoor pool was very clean and has a small kiddie pool attached, but don't bother with the indoor pool because it's extremely small and needs updating. We picked this hotel because of the Garden Cafe and the restaurant with the Polynesian dinner. The cafe has indoor and outdoor seating, prompt service, and the average breakfast was about $6. The dinner show was a little pricey, but we were very happy with our dinners which were steak and shrimp. The show was a family affair and we all found it very entertaining. Two of the guys from our group were picked to go on stage and do a little dance. This hotel isn't the best or the worst, somewhere in between but has a friendlly, family flavor. We felt part Hawaiin by the time we left!We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Angela L
Reviewed September 4, 2012

not bad. pretty good. i wasnt expecting much. i was pleasantly surprised. the show was pretty good also. food at the show was also ery good. hotel was pretty close to the village. indoor pool is small. the outdoor pool was a good size. been noce if it were heated. it was 79 during the day but at night it got down to 60 and chilled the pool water. but overall i enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2012