The Tiki Resort
Harbor Motel(Lake George)
  • Breakfast included
Doray Motel(Lake George)
View Hotel
Prospect Aire Motel(Lake George)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsmain buildingan older hotelmillion dollar beachhouse keepingcoffee potlabor day weekendnice poolpolynesianlakeindoorwalkableroomyonsitepoolsidefireworks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Tiki Resort. The bed was very very comfortable and the room was clean. We would have liked the pool to be opened earlier in the morning as we are early risers. The jacuzzi was wonderful. One of the girls at the front desk was very accomodating and the servers at the restaurant were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Our room was awful. It was Musty,old and as the office called them lots of "Adirondack grasshoppers" all over! Totally Gross! My kids were not happy, nor the parents either!
We got our room through Hotwire for $100 a night. Its not even eorth $40 a night.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Jams5795
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Lake George
Reviewed August 15, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Tiki Resort is very close to the downtown area and is walkable to all the stores and restaurants. The room was tastefully decorated and very clean. Our room, on the second floor, also had a small balcony with a view of the lake. The view is slightly obscured by trees (ask for a room facing the back parking lot). On Thursday nights they have a fireworks display over the lake and you can stand on the balcony and watch them. On the bottom floors, you have a couple of adirondack chairs and a small grassy area to relax. The staff was very friendly and they have a wonderful breakfast area. The hotel also has a large bar but most nights there were only a few people in there. They need entertainment to draw the crowds. The hotel also has rooms with kitchenettes but we didn't have time to check those out. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The resort has an outdoor pool, swings, basketball court and other amenties for children.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skinc51
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I really wanted to love this place but there were just too many negatives overall for me to give the Tiki anything more than an "average" rating. It started with the front desk staff. There were two people on the desk and I was the only customer when I came to check in at 3:00. I was told my room was ready and given paperwork to fill out... I asked the first clerk where my room was and was told that I would have to drive to my room. I replied that I already had my suitcase and would like to walk to the room first, before moving my car. I was again told, quite curtly, that I had to drive. I asked again, isn't there any way to walk since I didn't want to drag my suitcase out and put it back in the car?? The second clerk (Rachael) at the counter then got very annoyed and tersely barked out the directions to walk to the room (which turned out to be a 30 second walk!). As the first clerk was still talking to me about the room and pool rules, I asked the second clerk to please repeat the directions as I couldn't hear her as she was speaking from the other end of the counter, a giant plant was between us and the first clerk was also still speaking. She then yelled the directions at me, still from her position in the end corner behind the plant, while the other clerk asked me to start signing things. I was quite put off and politely asked her to please excuse me a moment while I tried to sign where necessary. The clerk who had been yelling the directions at me over the plant then got very nasty and said to the clerk checking me in, "can you please just tell her??" Seeing as the first clerk didn't know the answer the first time I asked, the whole situation became ridiculous and set the tone for the type of service I was to receive at this "resort". The Tiki would be wise to re-train their front desk staff in courtesy and perhaps have a map of the hotel handy to show people where their rooms are, instead of yelling directions at them.

My room was adequate. After reading other reviews on this website, I had booked the double queen room, as I knew it had been more recently rennovated. The room was clean, the "balcony" however, was full of spiders, literally dozens of them, webs all over the place as the porch like was a bright beacon of "dinner time" for them at night. The bathroom, although obviously redone, was a disappointment. There was some peeling paint, dents in the walls and the tub had some mold in the grout. The worst part of the tub was that the bottom had been re-covered but the covering was peeling up, and gross/ mildew-y. The sink was a "modern style" type sink that looked nice but was actually completely useless. The basin was seriously about an inch deep. The faucet was about 2 inches from the back and the water pressure was like a firehose, which when hitting the one inch deep basin, shot all over the room, soaking the person using it, the floor, the walls and yes, even the ceiling!!!! Forget about trying to wash your hands as you couldn't fit them between the faucet and the basin. My family only stayed two nights so we tried to make do. The first morning, we left the room at 9:00 am and saw the maid cleaning the room across the hall. We told her we would be leaving the room for most of the day. We came back at 4:00 and gues what --- no cleaning service!!!! She had obviously not even entered the room, the teensy garbage can was still full, beds unmade and towels not replaced. We gave up on cleaning service after that as we only had one night left. The pool area was also a bit of a disappointment. This resort does seem to cater to families and I was suprised that the pool started at 4 feet deep and quickly went to 5 feet. As an average height woman, I found it difficult to be in the pool, as I was on tiptoes only a short distance from the stairs. My daughter could not reach at all and I couldn't really utilize the pool with her as I couldn't safely reach the bottom either. There was a "kiddie" pool that was one foot deep but it was about the diameter of a jacuzzi, not very much fun for anyone over the age of one year. We also went to the polynesian show at the Waikiki Supper Club and ate breakfast at the Garden Cafe... both were horrible. You can see my reviews under their separate titles. The saving grace for this hotel was that the bedding was clean and comfy and I found no problem walking to town, even pushing a stroller. The lake was also a short walk and from our room, if you squinted,you could see a tiny bit of water through the trees. There are a lot of hotels in Lake George so I will not be coming back to the Tiki next year -- there are too many other places to be bothered with the annoyances we found here. It's really too bad as The Tiki seems to have so much potential but utterly fails to live up to it. On a final note, the fact that management at the Tiki has failed to respond to ANY of the reviews on this site is indicative of the general attitude of disinterest towards their property and guests.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family