“A great stay...”

Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
Graham, North Carolina
“A great stay...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

My family was going to this region to visit with family and I found this Super8 while searching online. I made reservations for 2 nites and got a great rate. We arrived on the first night and our first impression was..."WOW". Even our 2 grandsons age 8 and 6 liked the way it looked. It was nestled under some trees and was made like a log cabin. Right across the street was a small store and a McDonalds. The room was tiny(hence the 4 rating)....but that was the only con there was. The room was clean, well lit, comfortable beds and pillows with clean bedding. The furniture kept with the log theme and was made beautifully. The outside wall was made of rustic wood which just set it apart from any other Super 8 I have ever been in. The bathroom was clean and the water pressure was great. The heat and air unit worked quite well and we stayed warm when cool and cool when warm. The hotel staff were all nice and accommadated us quite well when we needed to stay an extra night. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Good place to stay with easy access to highway and only minutes to Lake George without the noise and traffic of being by the lake. Half the price of Lake George hotels and motels.
Clean comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the first floor. Rustic decor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Montague, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

This super eight is very nice and clean, very friendly staff that treat you just like your family and help with whatever they can do for you. rooms are clean and very nice with adirondack decor. breakfast to get you going in the morning, and free wi-fi, which is important when you need to access your e-mail on a daily basis as i do. I will stay at this super eight every time im in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Chateaugay, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

I was impressed by the Adirondack decor and the log cabin look. The room was decent yet small, but I had three other guests with me so space was easily consumed.
Also, the staff was decent as well. I met the manager and was impressed by her business and friendly demeanor. The midnight staff man was very nice as well. The weekend shift lady was slightly agitated.

The issues began with the toilet. There was toilet paper in the bowl.
Then, I was told of the stain "property damage" charge. I was charged over twenty dollars.
Also, three items were lost in my room. These items are: cheese sticks, a pack of pokemon cards and a phone charger.

Room Tip: Be sure to check the entire room for cleanliness. Be in the bathroom first, check the sheets and sme...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
richards_jody52, General Manager at Super 8 Lake George/Warrensburg Area, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
As part of our check-in process, all guests are asked to read and initial their agreement to additional charges resulting from damages. We bag and hold damaged items so guest can see first-hand extent of damage and discuss charges and any extenuating circumstances.
After check-out, all items that are left in room by a guest are labelled, documented and held so guest can easily call to have items mailed or picked up.
Our staff, from Front desk to Housekeeping, try to make guest experience a positive one.
Paramus, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I have never had such an unpleasant Super 8 stay in my life. The front desk employees were terrible. There was a hairball in out bathtub and I had to call the front desk 5 times before they removed it. They did not re stock our bathroom with towels the next day and I had to call the front desk another 5 times to get the towels we needed. There were unidentified stains all over both comforters and pillow cases.The breakfast selection was subpar. By the time my family and I woke up for breakfast there were 4 donuts and a bagel left. Donuts is not an acceptable breakfast for children. When we asked the front desk employee for a restaurant suggestion since we didn't have breakfast he responded "I don't know. There is a McDonald's across the street." The location of the motel was incredibly inconvenient. Our room was facing the busy highway so I was woken up constantly throughout the night by cars and trucks driving by. The room had a constant smell of cigarette smoke and horse manure. They would not change the room for us because they were "booked for the weekend." Clearly they were not because they didn't have more than 5 cars in the parking lot at a time. I was extremely disappointed with my stay at the Super 8 motel in Warrensburg NY and I would not advise anyone to stay there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
richards_jody52, General Manager at Super 8 Lake George/Warrensburg Area, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
As GM, I believe the staff to be professional and courteous, always striving to provide guest-focused service and clean accommodations.We are located off the highway on a wooded hilltop in a rural hamlet , and offer a variety of healthy breakfast choices. Many of our guests find our Adirondack themed hotel a very enjoyable stay.
Utica, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

My husband & I have been staying at this motel over the last 5 years. We have seen much improvement since Jody, the manager, has taken charge. She trully cares. Improvements with the interior, such as new bright paint, new lighting & upscale adirondack decor has taken place. It's simply charming.The continental breaksfast has excellent choices.
Our rooms are clean & very functional. Jody & her staff has made this our "home-away-from-home!

Room Tip: local restaurants/ shopping areas are within short distances
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Plainfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

On a recent trip to visit family, we weren't able to find a pet sitter on short notice. After searching on the Internet for accomadations that would allow a large breed dog we decided to start calling in person. From the first moment we could tell that the staff were friendly and helpful. Since we had a long drive ahead of us, the manager, Jody Richards, told us not to worry about what time we would arrive.

There was no problem checking in and the management had a variety of treats for our pet at the front desk. I couldn't believe that the grounds and the interior were kept spotless. Our room was quite comfortable and once again, VERY CLEAN. We were told about the continental breakfast and complimentary coffee available in the morning.

I can't give enough compliments to the management and staff of this hotel. Even our pet was treated like a valued guest. We will definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family