“Great location, great rooms, great deal!”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed July 18, 2010

My boyfriend and I spent a weekend at the Clarion Inn, and what a great deal. The beds are extremely comfortable, the bathrooms were clean, the AC was great, and the mini fridge in the rooms are a bonus. The hotel is located right in the heart of the shopping outlets, so if you like to shop, this is the hotel for you! We were able to walk to all the shops. It would take a 10 minute drive to get into downtown where all the restaurants were. There was a continental breakfast, but it wasn't much. No hot foods really, just cereal, muffins, coffee, which is great if you're not used to eating much in the mornings. If my boyfriend and I return, we will be staying at the Clarion Inn again!

Reviewed July 7, 2010

My wife and I have always wanted to visit Lake George NY so when the 4th of July weekend was coming up we decided this was our chance. We are a retired couple and always look for quality with value. My wife likes hotels like the Comfort Suites , Hampton Inn, or Embassy Suites so I had to convince her to trust me on the Clarion Inn and Suites even though this was a shot in the dark for me. It turned out to be a good choice. Not the quality of the afore mentioned accommodations but for the money it was very good. We stayed 3 nights 7/3 – 7/6 and got the senior rate. Amenities included a larger than normal refrigerator which allowed ample space for all our beverages and snacks, a continental style breakfast every morning from 7-10, a flat screen TV which comes in handy while the wife puts on her makeup, and free Wi-Fi which allowed us to scout the area with Trip Advisor.
The Hotel is located about 4 miles south of Lake George and a Trolley bus stops right out in front of the hotel which takes you into Lake George and drops you off at Steamboat landing for $1.00 each or half price for seniors, children under 5 are free. Plus my wife likes to shop and the hotel is located right next door to the Adirondack Outlet Malls so we were able to walk to all the shops and not worry about parking.
I wore my Trip Advisor cap when I checked in so I don’t know if I got special treatment but the staff was very attentive and friendly, answering all my questions and taking time to give some good recommendations. The customer base was very diverse coming from all over the world and from my observation the staff was always courteous to all they interacted with.
Now for the downer. We expected with the huge crowds that come to Lake George for the 4th that the fireworks would be spectacular. There must have been a hundred thousand people, at least, crammed into that little town expecting the same thing. We tried to get tickets on board one of the steamboats for a special fireworks tour but at $20 a ticket we got lucky that they were all sold out. We took the Trolley bus into town which lets you off right in one of the best stops for viewing. We got there about an hour before the fireworks started and found a good spot in the huge crowd for viewing. FIZZLE! A twenty minute boring display. I come from a hick town and our firemen’s carnival has a better and longer display. Then with the huge crowd the Trolley bus back to the hotel got stuck in traffic for over an hour.
Other than the poor fireworks display, the 4.5 hour drive to our destination was worthwhile. We enjoyed our accommodations, sightseeing the Lake George area and twenty minutes from Saratoga Springs, lots of shopping and plenty of bargains, enjoyed some excellent food, kicked back and relaxed. Overall a good vacation.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank senior-C
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Stayed here for the first time with my in-laws who had stayed here before and recommended it. Best hotel i've stayed at in quite sometime. Very pleased with the rooms, cleanliness, and location.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2010

The staff was extremely friendly and concerned with our satisfaction. The rooms were clean, quiet and beds very comfortable. There is a nice business center, fitness area and pool. The area where breakfast is served is very large when compared to other hotels. I highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed June 24, 2010

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed here. The inn is wonderful - the staff are great, the rooms are clean and fresh, there's a great free breakfast and it's right next to the outlet mall! The pool is clean and well maintained as are the surrounding grounds. The two times we've stayed we've had suites and had a fridge and sink and coffee maker and each room has a t.v. that works!The bathrooms are fantastic with separate showers and jacuzzi bathtubs.The air conditioning is quiet and the walls are thick so you don't hear other people and there are black out curtains on the windows.This is a terrific relaxing place to stay that offers good value for the money.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

I have stayed at this location a half dozen times over the last few years. I have never been disapointed. I have taken ajoing rooms and also stayed in their suites. The rooms are always clean and I have been able to negoiate longer stays in the off season. The pool area is beautiful and during the summer we enjoy the breakfasts in the bar. I cannot find anything to be critcal of.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2010

We stayed at the Clarion Inn & Suites for a week. Brian, the Manager went out of his way to accomodate us. First we arrived early and he allowed us to stay in the room until our new room was ready. Then he took care of us again when we extended our stay.

The people at the front desk were ALWAYS very cordial and HELPFUL! The breakfast bar had lots of fresh fruits and other choices (even though we sure would have liked a waffle). The people in the breakfast bar were also very helpful.

I would highly recommend the Clarion Inn & Suites to anyone considering a business or vacation trip.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business