All reviewsoutlet storesno elevatorbedroom suitegreat escapefrench doorsfree breakfasthard boiled eggscoupon bookyogurtdonutspool and hot tublake george areasoftball tournamentsix flagsbeds were comfortableshort drivegreat place to stay
Reviewed August 11, 2018

This location is perfect for shopping at the outlet malls. There are some restaurants around as well. The hotel itself is well maintained (although, it could use some updating). It does have free wifi, a pool and a hot tub as well (which all children enjoy). It also has a free continental breakfast. Nothing fancy, just something to get you started on your day. It's the same thing everyday though. The only complaint I have is regarding the coffee. It tastes like water. Not sure about the common room. Think it's the place to the left hand side from the check in area. It had a couch an arm chair, table and coffee station.

Room Tip: bottom units have patio doors, but we were in a two room suite on the 2nd floor end unit (stairs next door-noisey at times).
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
NY420AB, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you for your great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully got to take advantage of the discount coupon booklets we offer our guests to shop the outlets! Please know that we just put new carpeting in our first floor rooms and hallway and have painted the outside exterior façade as well as removed a vacant restaurant that was standing at the one end of our property! Updates are always happening! I will talk to someone about the coffee as it could have been watery because it was not made correctly. I will make sure to review will all staff. Thank you again for your comments and I hope that you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed August 10, 2018

We were grateful after a long day of driving on our cross-country move to find a room available at the Clarion Inn at the Outlets in Lake George (we had no idea that the racing at Saratoga Springs would make finding a room so difficult in this part of New York).

The hotel is more of the old-fashioned motel style - with rooms accessible to the outside via a staircase in the parking lot. We didn't mind having a good view of our over-stuffed car, and appreciated that the parking lot was well-lit. The hotel is tucked into an outlet mall area and felt safe and quiet. The freeway is also close.

The room was clean, comfortable, and the staff was super friendly even when we arrived quite late at night.

We skipped the free breakfast, found a sort-of-nearby Starbucks and hit the road early in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for a wonderful review Sydney! I'm so glad that you found our accommodations to be comfortable and our location to be convenient. The thoroughbred racing at Saratoga is big this time of year and I'm happy that we had availability when you arrived! I hope that when you are in the area again you will choose to stay with us! Thank you again for your comments!

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Check in was quick. staff very kind and courteous , we rented the jacuzzi suite with one king size bed. Room was large and very clean the jacuzzi was in the same room that the bed was in and separate from the bathroom itself, I only wish you could see the tv from the tub. The bath also has a regular size tub and shower combo. The bed was very comfortable, there was a flat screen tv and a sofa that would fold out into a full size bed. Coffee maker , mini fridge and microwave. There is a heated pool and hot tub with an outdoor deck. Hotel is located in the center of the outlets so if you are into shopping most everything is within walking distance .

Room Tip: The back of the motel has more mountain view that the front. Jacuzzi suite was nice
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
NY420AB, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Thank you for a great review and Happy 37th!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed your accommodations with us and found our staff to be kind and courteous! I hope that you took advantage of the discount tickets we offer to area attractions and got to do a little shopping with our discount coupon booklets! We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future! Thank you again for a wonderful review!

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

This should be called a motel,not a hotel.The power went out due to a thunderstorm.This “hotel”has no back up generator therefore leaving all the guests without power after having nerve to charge 200 per night for this motel.Maintenance man Pete and front desk clerk Sue were extremely rude when questioned about power outage and how long power would be out.I asked for refund and was told oh it will be left up to the general manager’s disrection tomorrow.Why am I gonna leave a hotel/motel not knowing if I will be refunded or not?Was I supposed to sit there all night waiting to see if power comes back on?Power had already been out three and a half hours at this time.So I asked for corporate’s phone number and proceeded to walk to parking lot and all of a sudden miraculously two minutes later Sue had approval to give me a refund and she was nasty about it until the bitter end.Do not stay here ,this place is not worth what they charge per night and the staff was extremely rude.I can’t believe this is a ‘Choice’ property,I’ve stayed at many hotels and have never experienced any of this.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
NY420AB, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

First and foremost I want to thank you for your review and apologize for the power outage we experienced on Saturday August 4th. We were not the only property in the area to lose power and I know that when your supposed to be enjoying your vacation that can be extremely problematic and just a plain inconvenience. While we understand your frustration, please know that the Front Desk Staff was just trying to follow procedure to make sure they were doing their job correctly. I know that you were not the only guest that was upset by the power outage and rightly so. I am glad that in the end you were compensated and it seems all worked out. I will make sure to review this with our staff so that hopefully in the future we can manage an unexpected occurrence such as this better. Thank you again for your review as it helps us do a better job to make our guests stay a better one.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

The Clarion is Clean, convenient and has very nice rooms/suites. We have stayed here many times and it is the best spot in the area to stay. Close to many area attractions. The 2 room suites are very nice.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
NY420AB, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Thank you for a wonderful review! I'm so glad that you continue to stay with us over and over again as that speaks volumes about our service and accommodations! I hope that you take advantage of the discounts we offer to the area attractions such as Six Flags Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom, Lake George Steamboat Company, Adirondack Eagle Flyer (Zip Line), Adirondack Zombie Hunters, Tubby Tubes, The Factory Outlets of Lake George and more!! We are already looking forward to your next stay with us!