“Very nice again ;)”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Love the cleanliness of this place year after year after year! I like that it's walking distance to the factory outlets. Included breakfast was ok, could be better though, the waffle mix was too thick but hey, we didn't need to think about where we'd have breakfast.

Room was very clean and we'll kept: sofa needs a little TLC.

Overall a great experience; that's why we've been returning every year.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I paid way too much for this hotel since there was a big garage sale event in the area!!!

It looks to me like a motel clarion...next to several outlet stores (not regular outlet: regular or even higher price outlets!!!).

I had a room with access to balcony on 2nd floor and had to carry by hand and up many stairs all my stuff... No carts...no elevator...

Neighbors were smoking all evening so cigarette smoke all over me and my room...

Wifi was ok, not great... Nice flat screen tv... Nice size fridge and microwave... Cool powerful shower...

A few blocks away, great bike trails also great for running...

Nice restaurant next door and free ok breakfast (pretty basic only cold items) in the morning...

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank benoitleblanc
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel conveniently is situated right in between Six Flags Great Escape and the southern part of Lake George. I knew I would have to drive into town but I wasn't thrilled that the hotel is surrounded by outlet stores and even shares a parking lot with some of the stores. It's your typical well kept Clarion Inn, nothing fancy but clean and modern. The bed was a little firm for my liking but reasonably comfortable, I thoroughly inspected the room and didn't find a crumb or hair anywhere. This is rare even in higher end hotels. I was overall really impressed by the condition and cleanliness. My only complaint about the hotel itself is I couldn't find an elevator (I don't think they have one). I'd stay here again but I may try another place first.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank briny319
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went on a bus trip with a group this past weekend for the Balloon festival, never saw any balloons, too windy, they canceled most flights, hotel was 3 miles to village of Lake George, good location, Breakfast was very good, good service, Outlet malls right next door, Pizza place across the street very good, and Old Post grill on the property very good, Would stay again

Room Tip: First floor rooms, you can hear people upstairs and beside you, take a higher floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Well located in the heart of the outlets, it is a comfortable and quiet place. We ended there by pure hazard and we have been impressed at the time by the warm welcome of the personal. The rooms are a little old but nothing that will make you scream. Their rate was interesting and it is why we decided to stay there. We did not regret it. Whatever it is matter of shopping or fine dining, everything is a short ride away and if you are lucky to be at the back, nothing will bother you. We have tried to go back there the second week of August but it was fully booked (we are riding motorcycles and it is why we never know where we will end). Take great care to make reservations ahead of time if you want to go there in August because there are crowds going there for the Saratoga races.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Took our boat to the LG area 9/14/2013. Thought I was booking this Clarion near Lake George Village. But it turned out that it was actually a few miles south of the village and smack in the middle of the Lake George factory outlets. This turned out to be a great location for us as we could just walk out of our room and walk into the many many outlet stores.
Ate at Georges Restaurant just up from the East Cove restaurant that night. I highly recommend Georges. Huge portions and a great salad bar too (say hi to Travis the bartender, a great guy).
The Clarion room was at a great price for $79. Room was large, clean and good amenities. Free breakfast and free wifi too. Front desk staff very pleasant (Don't know why hotels put unfriendly jerks on the front desk but it's way to frequent).
Another peeve I always have with hotels is when they let the front desk or cleaning staff stand around the front door puffing away so you enter in a fog of smoke. this Clarion's entrance was very well lit, with benches and a large driveway entrance and very ample parking all around the hotel.
My only negatives were flat screen was of a smallish size considering how far it was from our bed.
My biggest peeve was that we asked for a 2nd floor room being so close to 6 flags amusement park we did not want a bunch of kids running around all night over our heads. I usually have some boating stuff that I like to take out of the boat so it does not get stolen. I wheel our bags and boat stuff into the room with a two wheeled dolly. SURPRISE . . . NO ELEVATORS TO SECOND FLOOR! I'm 64, been around a long time and never saw national chain, two story hotel/motel WITHOUT AN ELEVATOR! The desk offered to help me tote my bags, but whose gonna carry me? Switched to the first floor. But if you are elderly or mobility challenged . . . I'd avoid this location, unless they can guarantee you a first floor room. Other than those two peeves, very satisfied with location and especially the cleanliness of this particular Clarion, and their beds were the pillow top type, extremely comfortable. They did have those seemingly ever popular mush type pillows, but we bring our own anyway so I don't consider this a negative for us.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank expidia
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hotel in parking lot of outlet Malls. Can walk to all outlets. Restaurant attached. Very generous breakfast.....lots of food, fresh. Breakfast area is staffed, very nice keep everything clean and topped up! I asked to move rooms, our room was on the outside of the building, my friend has a bad ankle and I thought it would be better to be on the ground floor. The front desk was sooo accomodating. They told me to leave my luggage in the room the staff would move it to my new room. The outside enterance room was great, but inside the main building was super! Large bathroom, comfortable beds and a patio door opened to our own outdoor sitting area. Great pool, exercise room, newspapers in the lobby, free coffee and tea all day, lots of travel brochures.
Great experience!

Room Tip: Prefer rooms inside the main building. Outdoor rooms with balcony, you need to walk up outdoor stai...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends