“Great Clarion Inn but a little too far from the heart of town”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Long Island, NY
“Great Clarion Inn but a little too far from the heart of town”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel conveniently is situated right in between Six Flags Great Escape and the southern part of Lake George. I knew I would have to drive into town but I wasn't thrilled that the hotel is surrounded by outlet stores and even shares a parking lot with some of the stores. It's your typical well kept Clarion Inn, nothing fancy but clean and modern. The bed was a little firm for my liking but reasonably comfortable, I thoroughly inspected the room and didn't find a crumb or hair anywhere. This is rare even in higher end hotels. I was overall really impressed by the condition and cleanliness. My only complaint about the hotel itself is I couldn't find an elevator (I don't think they have one). I'd stay here again but I may try another place first.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank briny319

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went on a bus trip with a group this past weekend for the Balloon festival, never saw any balloons, too windy, they canceled most flights, hotel was 3 miles to village of Lake George, good location, Breakfast was very good, good service, Outlet malls right next door, Pizza place across the street very good, and Old Post grill on the property very good, Would stay again

Room Tip: First floor rooms, you can hear people upstairs and beside you, take a higher floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Well located in the heart of the outlets, it is a comfortable and quiet place. We ended there by pure hazard and we have been impressed at the time by the warm welcome of the personal. The rooms are a little old but nothing that will make you scream. Their rate was interesting and it is why we decided to stay there. We did not regret it. Whatever it is matter of shopping or fine dining, everything is a short ride away and if you are lucky to be at the back, nothing will bother you. We have tried to go back there the second week of August but it was fully booked (we are riding motorcycles and it is why we never know where we will end). Take great care to make reservations ahead of time if you want to go there in August because there are crowds going there for the Saratoga races.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Albany, NY
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Took our boat to the LG area 9/14/2013. Thought I was booking this Clarion near Lake George Village. But it turned out that it was actually a few miles south of the village and smack in the middle of the Lake George factory outlets. This turned out to be a great location for us as we could just walk out of our room and walk into the many many outlet stores.
Ate at Georges Restaurant just up from the East Cove restaurant that night. I highly recommend Georges. Huge portions and a great salad bar too (say hi to Travis the bartender, a great guy).
The Clarion room was at a great price for $79. Room was large, clean and good amenities. Free breakfast and free wifi too. Front desk staff very pleasant (Don't know why hotels put unfriendly jerks on the front desk but it's way to frequent).
Another peeve I always have with hotels is when they let the front desk or cleaning staff stand around the front door puffing away so you enter in a fog of smoke. this Clarion's entrance was very well lit, with benches and a large driveway entrance and very ample parking all around the hotel.
My only negatives were flat screen was of a smallish size considering how far it was from our bed.
My biggest peeve was that we asked for a 2nd floor room being so close to 6 flags amusement park we did not want a bunch of kids running around all night over our heads. I usually have some boating stuff that I like to take out of the boat so it does not get stolen. I wheel our bags and boat stuff into the room with a two wheeled dolly. SURPRISE . . . NO ELEVATORS TO SECOND FLOOR! I'm 64, been around a long time and never saw national chain, two story hotel/motel WITHOUT AN ELEVATOR! The desk offered to help me tote my bags, but whose gonna carry me? Switched to the first floor. But if you are elderly or mobility challenged . . . I'd avoid this location, unless they can guarantee you a first floor room. Other than those two peeves, very satisfied with location and especially the cleanliness of this particular Clarion, and their beds were the pillow top type, extremely comfortable. They did have those seemingly ever popular mush type pillows, but we bring our own anyway so I don't consider this a negative for us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank expidia
OTTAWA
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hotel in parking lot of outlet Malls. Can walk to all outlets. Restaurant attached. Very generous breakfast.....lots of food, fresh. Breakfast area is staffed, very nice keep everything clean and topped up! I asked to move rooms, our room was on the outside of the building, my friend has a bad ankle and I thought it would be better to be on the ground floor. The front desk was sooo accomodating. They told me to leave my luggage in the room the staff would move it to my new room. The outside enterance room was great, but inside the main building was super! Large bathroom, comfortable beds and a patio door opened to our own outdoor sitting area. Great pool, exercise room, newspapers in the lobby, free coffee and tea all day, lots of travel brochures.
Great experience!

Room Tip: Prefer rooms inside the main building. Outdoor rooms with balcony, you need to walk up outdoor stai...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed September 15, 2013

this hotel is very clean bathroom is big in beds very comfortable, the staff is so friendly and respectful, very pleasant and helpful I would recommend it to my friends and family. the breakfast is very, very good fresh waffles and fruits delicious.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank edwin g
long island, new york
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel saved our vacation. On Friday night my boyfriend and I stayed at a different hotel that we had found online. We had a very bad experience in the first hotel (manipulative staff, smelly room, overall unpleasant). On Saturday morning we started driving, hoping that we would find a nicer hotel with an available room. This proved to be an incredibly difficult task, as we were right in the middle of the tourist season.

We pulled up to the Clarion and automatically smiled when we walked inside. Joanne, at the front desk was an incredibly kind, happy and lovely woman. She worked as hard as she could to try to secure a room for us. The GM on shift, Amanda, was also extremely nice and accommodating. We were absolutely elated when they offered us the last room that they had. They even gave us great advice for a day hike, including talk of wild blueberry pie!

My boyfriend and I left for the day and went on our hike, where he proposed on top of Buck Mountain!! I was completely shocked and overjoyed! We came back to the hotel to check in and I (of course) could not keep it in. Unfortunately shifts had changed, so I was unable to tell Amanda and Joanne – but when we went to check out the following morning, they had already heard the news!

The Clarion is clean, comfortable, and a great hotel. To top it off, the staff are incredibly personable, they go out of their way for you, and they even felt like close friends, even though we only spoke for moments at a time. My fiancé and I highly recommend this hotel and will certainly go back the next time we are in Lake George!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple