“Great place to stay”

Ranked #14 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Long Island
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Everything was perfect from the minute we walked in the door. Friendly staff, clean room, and the location is minutes away from the Lake. I am glad I found this Hotel and would come here again. The Hotel is set back from Route 9, so you do not hear the street noise. Our room room had a balcony.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I decided to take my parents up north to view the fall foliage in Vermont. The first night we reserved a stay at the Clarion Inn Lake George, NY. From my first experience booking the reservation with Joanne prior on the telephone to checking out with her again( I think she must stay there all the time) it was a great experience. Joanne was wonderful and made you feel very welcomed. The room and bathroom were very clean and spacious plus you even have a patio or balcony off your room. The beds were very comfortable and the continental breakfast was delicious (you make your own waffles). For those who enjoy shopping at the outlets, (who doesn't) they are right next store.
I would definitely recommend this Inn.

Room Tip: For older folks they do have handicap assessable rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

It was an awesome weekend to stay at this hotel . Very friendly people working there and informative . Clean place n nice room options and only a 10 minute ride to the lake . I would recommend it to anyone wanting to take a trip to lake george

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank mikeybooks
Poughkeepsie NY
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The property was in pristine condition on this visit. The pool and hot tub were both working and in good condition. We used the pool area several times over our 3 day stay.

First, I would like to commend Amanda and Joanne for their exceptional, over the top, service. For the first time we had breathing equipment delivered to the hotel for my husband. I had spoken to Amanda a few days before our visit to verify the room we requested; where would the breathing equipment be when we arrived, etc. When we did arrive the machine had already been delivered to the room. A young man (didn't have a name tag on) saw us struggling with our suitcases after check-in and with one swipe had all three of them at our room door. Asked if we could give him a tip and he said "no thanks".

Joanne provided us with tourist information and other general questions, specificially about the free continental breakfast. She was always had a smile whenever she helped us.

The room was kept very clean during our stay.

We will be back for a return visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pleasant Valley, New York
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Clarion over the Labor Day weekend. First, the room was great - it was a full suite complete with a separate master bedroom, jacuzzi tub and it was absolutely immaculate. We were impressed with the modern decor and amenities. Secondly, the staff were extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the area. The Clarion is just minutes away from the Great Escape. It is right next to the outlets and Lake George is just minutes away. I would recommend The Clarion to anyone looking for top notch accommodations. By the way, the pool is clean and we had a great time enjoying it. Anytime we're in the area, The Clarion is our "Home away from home".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The Clarion is a regular stop when we are down in the Lake George area. Conveniently located in the factory outlets area - just minutes from the beach or village.
Rooms are spacious and clean and the available light breakfast (included) does not disappoint.

Highly recommend if you are ready to pay a little more than the average motel rate in the area.

Room Tip: For more privacy, ask for a room behind the indoor pool area - less circulation.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Candor, New York
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here for two days over Memorial Day weekend. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was fairly large and quite clean. We found the beds to be comfortable. I wasn't necessarily impressed by breakfast, but the area was well stocked and well maintained. For the price I thought it was an outstanding value. Another thing that might only interest me is that I like quiet. When we pulled in we noticed the very close proximity to the outlets, I was a little surprised even though from research I knew this would be the case. This was beneficial to us in 2 ways. First, access to shopping (duh!). Even more important to me, though, was the fact that the outlets close at 9pm. Things get really quiet then - great for sleep. When yo combine this with the offset from the road it is really peaceful. If we come back to Lake George, I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family