“Perfect Location, Great Value”

Quality Inn Lake George
Ranked #24 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed August 13, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Quality Inn at Lake George on a second floor room that overlooked the pool. The room was very clean and up to standards. This particular room had two queen sized beds and a reasonably sized TV with all the usual cable channels. The location was perfect, about a block away from the center of town. We were able to park the car and walk to most places we needed to. As our room was located towards the back of the property (the windows faced the pool and the front of the property) we were pleasantly surprised that we didn't hear any passing car traffic. The complementary breakfast was fine although the serving room could be bigger (that could be a plus in that the room turns over very quickly). This is definitely a hotel for families as lots of children were about. Most, if not all, rooms have a couple of chairs and a small table to encourage you to sit outside.

The maid service was fine and unobtrusive. Even the front desk was very helpful when I needed to change my stay to an earlier night. They honored the reservation rate.

All in all a very pleasant stay and one I would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 17, 2009

We stayed 2 nights, the service was excellent, friendly. the bed was very comfortable. w
Will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I have stayed in many hotels as I have been visting Lake George since I was a kid. I have to say this hotel has the entire package. We were recently up for the Americade weekend which was a first for me and the family. It was def. an interesting weekend with kids! The hotel is really a gem. Not only is it really clean, but it offers a lot especially for families. My kids loved the pool, jacuzzi and small game room- which really helped us because we always want to keep the kids occupied so we can relax! One of the best things about this hotel is the location it is walking distance to the lake, shops, bars and restaurants. Its so nice to come to a hotel, park our car and not have to use it. The rooms were bigger than the standard hotel room so it gave us a lot of space. The only regret that I have is that I wasn't able to stay longer!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2009

When I go on vacation it is very important for my family to have a comfortable, warm atmosphere both inside and out. The Quality Inn in Lake George has fulfilled all my expectations. The motel staff was very efficient. The rooms were immaculate. The continental breakfast was convenient and satisfying. The location is in the heart of Lake George which makes it easily accessible to all attractions. I would highly recommend this hotel. Thumbs up for me!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2008

The room was clean and quiet. The staff were very friendly. They called to let me know I had left my house keys in the room and they mailed them back to me promptly. The continental breakfast had yogurt, fresh fruit, hot and cold cereal, bagels to toast, orange juice and cooked pancakes that you could heat up in the microwave in addition to coffee. I was also impressed at the note in the room that if I had forgotten anything (like a toothbrush) they would be happy to give me one free of charge. I booked on line and got the non-smoking room I wanted. Because I was over 55 I also got a great rate!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2008

This Quality Inn is very nice. The property itself is very attractively kept....nice pool and jacuzzi. The staff are very friendly. We arrived very early and were lucky that they had a room available before general check in time and allowed us to check in which was great after driving through the night. Our room was spacious and very clean as was the bathroom also. Breakfast was a notch above some usual continental styles with cereals, yogurt, pastries, toast, muffins, pancakes, waffles, jams etc. and the breakfast lady was very friendly. Great location within walking distance to village and to boat tours of Lake George and also walkable to several restaurants. All in all a good pick for this area where some places are merely motel type facilities. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2008

This hotel has everything going for it. Absolutely perfect location, very nice grounds, great front desk staff and very clean and spacious rooms. I've stayed in a few Lake George hotels over the past few years and this is absolutely my favorite.

Stayed here during Labor Day weekend and it couldn't have been better. First, the front desk staff is always very nice and accomodating. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. We had a nice king bed room on the second floor overlooking the pool. Balconies are not private but rooms are spaced out enough to allow some breathing room if you wish to sit out. Each room has two chairs and a small table outside of it. The room itself is spotless and actually looks like its undergone some remodeling or refreshing recently with new comforters on the bed and wonderfully comfortable pillows, some things that stood out for me. Everything from the sheets to the pillows to the linens, the bathroom, tables, chairs...everything was very clean.

The hotel itself is also very nice and incredibly well maintained. The pool is in great shape and the landscaping around it is beautiful. It's just a perfect atmosphere to relax on the balcony and breathe the fresh mountain air. We were also told by the front desk clerk when we checked in that if there was any noise after hours (loud groups, kids, etc) to simply call the front desk and they would take care of it. We had no such problems.

The major plus of this hotel in addition to everything I already named is absolutely the location. We had an excellent experience at the new Hampton Inn last year but it was just a bit too far to walk into the Village from. Not the case with the Quality Inn! The hotel is literally two blocks from the south end of the Village so there's no need to move the car unless you plan to travel outside the Lake area. Lots of shops, restaurants, attractions and of course Lake George itself is just steps from the hotel. Keep in mind though that due to its proximity to the action, the street outside the hotel can get pretty busy and a little noisy but we never experienced any noise leak into our room so you will get a good night's sleep.

Lastly, we made a discovery about a week after check-out that we left our jackets in the room's closet. I quickly called the hotel and was overjoyed to find out that the maid had rescued them and they had them at the hotel. While I had to pay for shipping, the hotel had no problem packaging them up and sending them back to us. We had them within a week!

In conclusion, the Quality Inn is my absolute favorite hotel in Lake George and probably one of if not THE best Quality Inn I've ever stayed at. Much praise is due to the entire staff at this hotel for a job well-done.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple