“A full head of hair..........in the towels”
Review of Tahoe Resort

Tahoe Resort
Ranked #70 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed February 2, 2006

I arrived at the Tahoe with my family. After check in, we went to the hotel room to "freshen up". We had to get in line for the bathroom behind the giant flying insects. Yes, the room was infested. I spent the first 20 minutes smashing bugs against the walls. I did not have to clean them off because they blended in with the mildew. When my wife finally washed her face, she went to dry off and discovered a large ball of hair in the center of the towel. That was the deciding factor.....Time to "flea". The front desk would not refund the money for the day even though we were only there for an hour. I realized that I would gladly pay them just to get out before a giant flying gnat carried away my children. We were gone within an hour and a half of check in. The Quality Inn welcomed us with open arms, and they were worth every penny. They saved our vacation. My children were so happy to lay down in a clean room, and my wife appreciated the fact that the towels at the Quality Inn were "BALD". In my opinion The Tahoe will never be destroyed because doing so would result in thousands of insects becoming homeless. Stay at the Quality Inn!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Northern New Jersey
Reviewed September 22, 2005

We booked Tahoe Resort online and unseen. I took the wife & kids. We were pleased with the amenities. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed, the service was responsive - just a nice all-around place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 3, 2005

We stayed at the Red Carpet Inn/Tahoe Resort during our mini vacation in Lake George. We were able to get a special "end of the summer" rate. Although we asked for a room change when we arrived (we paid for a partial lakeview room but trees were almost totally blocking the view), the staff readily obliged. We found the room quite adequate with modern furniture/decor. The fridge and microwave were very convenient. The view, especially from our "veranda", was wonderful and worth the extra cost. The grounds are large and pretty well kept. We were somewhat disappointed that the hotel charged a fee for their row boats and paddleboats since their website indicated differently. The location was just a couple of minutes by car from the center of town.

All in all, we had quite a pleasant stay and would consider staying here again.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 31, 2005

This was a great place to stay. The rugs do not smell like the Lake. Hosekeeping came in and cleaned up the room. Yes the beach is small but conveniant enough, very nice view, clean room when you get there, staff was very helpful, pool was very nice, yes pool bar prices are kind of high but the drinks are good. Plus your on vacation, who cares. It was very nice. I spent two nights there and I would definately consider going back.

Reviewed August 27, 2005

Had originally booked a week at the Tahoe Resort in Lake George based on the photos and description on their website. Be warned, it is nothing like the photo or the description! Ended up staying just one night so as not to lose the one night deposit that they require for cancellations. The "resort" is one-star, at best. The property itself is poorly kept and in need of much maintenance and repair. Not to mention dirty and smells of mildew! There are no amenities to begin to qualify it as a "resort". It was NO bargain...rate was higher than several much nicer hotels closer to the village. Stay somewhere else if you visit Lake George.

3  Thank SuzC_7
Reviewed August 21, 2005

We just spent 6 days at LG staying at the Tahoe (4 adults 4 kids). It was our 2nd year there. We won’t go back next year because we want to go further north on the lake. The place is a bit of a dump but it’s a consistent dump. Don’t expect much and you’ll be fine. It’s priced just right for its offering. I know because I’ve stayed at almost every place on that side on 9L. If you want nicer (recently renovated/painted, better bar/pool) try the Georgian or any number of other places. If like us you just need a base of operations for your area activities (and don’t plan to spend much time at the hotel) the Tahoe is fine. If I had to spend a few whole days on sight I’d hate it. – Please Tahoe a little fresh paint! The pool bar when its open charges 8 bucks for a 4 buck frozen drink so you’re not going to hang out there for a good time. A side note- one day we left our room at 7 am and came back at 3pm. Our room was unmade. We napped till 4:30 or so and then I called the front desk to ask for housekeeping. No one showed up and we had to sleep on nasty sandy uncomfortable sheets that night. We walked to the front desk to get clean towels but housekeeping is gone at 5 - if your room is not available when they are right there to clean, it does not get clean.

2  Thank redfarb
Reviewed August 21, 2005

just got back from a stay at Red Carpet Inn Tahoe Resort. We found the place to be pretty clean with just a hint of a carpet odor. We are quite fussy about cleanliness. The staff was pretty nice and tried to be accomodating, being that they were all booked. The view is terrific and the lake is magnificent. All in all a pretty decent place. The toilet was kind of shaky. With a bit more attention to detail they can make it even better

1  Thank kays