“Had to Sleep In My Car due to dangerous filth in room”
Review of Tahoe Resort

Tahoe Resort
Ranked #70 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Ammonia smell in room turned out to be dangerous mold. Family experienced worsening symptoms of illness that turned out to be reaction to black mold in room and dispersed by old air conditioner. When I was at my most ill from the mold and filth and no vacancy at other hotels, I had to sleep in my car. The front desk gave me a sheet and blanket so I could sleep in my car. They gave me the phone number of their then sister property Tiki also owned by Mr. Hanif. The Tiki thought the idea of sleeping in my car was funny and told me I could sleep on their lobby couch. Not only did Manager Deb Burdett respond negatively, but lied in writing to my credit card company during dispute.

Beware the Tahoe in Lake George.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank Jokke S

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My girlfriend and I booked online for a weekend getaway. We picked it since it said it was half mile from lake George village. When we pulled up that wasn't the case. We got the "nicest" beach front room, which as we walked in stunk of mold making both of our eyes tear. We thought we could manage, so we went for a walk outside to look at the views, which are nice. Coming back in to our hotel to change for dinner we looked at each other and said no way when we saw several spiders and bugs on the walls and floors,our rusted space heater and the rash on my neck after laying on a pillow to make a phone call. We called a near by hotel closer to the strip and left this place eating our 130 bucks. We travel a lot but do not consider ourselves high maintenance. I do not recommend this place and think it is a real rip off after the place we ended up staying at was much nicer for half the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Chrisnlex
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have been staying in Tahoe Resort for the first time, and we were so glade that we picked this hotel. It was located right on the Lake George which was perfect. The rooms were clean and there was refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in the room, which you normally don't get all three in other hotels. Also, this motel is located about 5 min. walk from the Lake George Village, and we were so happy that we could take a little walk, as compare to the other motels which were all concentrated right next to each other, and were so close to the highway. We would definitely recommend this motel and next time would only book this one for sure. Oh, and the lady behind the counter was very nice to us.
Thank you so much Tahoe Resort.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Please stop and read this review before you book this hotel that has the worst front desk agents on the planet. The way they speak and treat paying guests is horrible. They have no customer service skills at all.
This was our second time at this hotel but we will definitelty not go back there again!!
If you want to be treated like garbage this is a hotel for you.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank 2012MiddleVillage
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is our 12th year to spent great days at the Tahoe in Lake George, NY. We always come during the first weeks of September for up to a week. The accommodations are great, the view of Lake George is magnificent, and the staff very kind and helpful! The outdoor heated swimming pool is a real plus and the walk to the village very inviting. Don't miss the opportunity to spend a few days at the Tahoe.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the lake are terrific.
2  Thank William T
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We just came back from Lake George and my husband and I were very pleased with our experience at the Tahoe. We found the hotel rooms to be very clean, spacious and comfortable. We booked early for Labor Day weekend and got the lakeview room we requested. The view was incredible! The pool and lake were awesome! The grounds were very well maintained, clean, and organized. It was a very family friendly resort. The hotel staff was nice and super accomodating. We asked them to help us with our electronic key on our Sabbath and they were very helpful. They helped us book a kayaking trip by making calls for us. The fridge was a nice size and held all of our food. The only part I wasn't obsessed with was the bathroom. It was very clean and totally had what we needed but it wasnt stunning. It was ok. We were also vey very pleased with the location. It was a 15 minute walk to town but it wasn't noisey like the other hotels because it wasn't in town. We liked that the pool was tucked in the middle of the hotel grounds, not right on the street, like many other hotels, so it affords the guests more privacy. I just wish the pool was open longer than 10-10. But we totally loved the hotel and we can't wait to come again and bring our friends!

Room Tip: Call far in advance. Request a lake front room. It is amazing to wake up, open the shade, and see th...
2  Thank Malkig
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband's family has been coming to this hotel for over 20 years! I started 11 years ago pre children. Our children ages 4 and 7 years of age love the place too! The hotel seems to improve every Summer we come back. They have a new playground and the kids love the outside pool that provides another option for swimming besides the lake!

Yes, it is not a fancy place like the Sagamore to say the least! We always go to five star hotels throughout the year, but we do not think it is necessary for a great location to spend so much money on a hotel room. Do not expect anything fancy!!!! We get connecting rooms by the beach front so our children have their own room and we can have privacy too.

There is a hairdryer and coffee maker in the room, flat screen tv and small refridge. Yes, air conditioning is always on to block outside noise. There are three levels of room and the further you go away to the top of the hotel the rooms are less expensive. There are picnic tables and little BBQ's for families who want to cook their own meals.

There is no snack bar or life guard at the heated pool! Bring your own towels from home, because the hotel towels are very rough. We learned from experience to then bring more than one bathing suit and several towels so then to let them hang on the railing on the second floor of our room.

Parking is a little tricky at night to find good parking, but there are always spots. Yes, WI FI is available but the hot spot is not the strongest!

Room Tip: Go to Lone Bull for a great breakfast! Mama Riso's Italian Restaurant and East Cove Restaurant i...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family