“Lake Tahoe Sucks”

Tahoe Resort
Ranked #71 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
“Lake Tahoe Sucks”
Reviewed August 6, 2003

When I first looked inside my room in Lake Tahoe "Resort", I thought I was going to barf. The service is very poor. I dont think the manager of the resort has ever heard of pest control. Me and my family decided to go to another hotel after slepping there for one night.I thought I was living in a jungle. NEVER GO TO LAKE TAHOE RESORT.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed August 2, 2003

The Hotel was fair at best. The brochure and internet are very deceiving. The Tahoe was old and the rooms were adequate. The maid service was poor. The pool was good. The Beach area was small and inadequate. The terrain was very hilly. Ok at best

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Reviewed February 13, 2003

We did a family reunion at the Tahoe. The staff could not have been more friendly and professional. The rooms were adequate, the view outstanding. Over 4 generations had a blast!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 22, 2002

We arrived at the hotel to find a delapidated room that had a distinct odor of mold and hardly any air from the air conditioner. The bathroom was very moldy and the walls showed the concrete. The grounds were unkept. We wanted to leave but when we asked the lady at the desk, her response was that we would loose our deposit. Mind you she was cutting her nails with a long scissor as we spoke. The manager was mean, rude and arrogant. When you look at the pictures on the web beware that they are deceiving. Also, I reccomend that you do not leave a deposit. A few other people had problems as well and left to find suitable housing!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 21, 2002

We just stayed at the motel, the rooms were nice, new beds, great view of the lake and mountains, the outside looked like it was just redone.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 2, 2001

The brochure was quite deceptive. The mattresses sagged terribly; the bathroom had rusty drop-ceiling hangers and the grout was loaded with mildew; the TV was ancient; the downspout from the roof emptied outside my front door from twelve feet up (delightful in the heavy rainstorm we experienced); the staff was less than cheerful. Not recommended.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 5, 2001

This place was very very dirt. The mattresses were falling apart. The cot they gave me for my son was wet. My 3 kids had to sleep on one bed and couldn't fall asleep. Under the bed was dirty. The place needs a paint job. and Its very over priced. Don't be fooled by the picture. They tried charging because I was late bring back a canoe, which they gave me the wrong keyu for. It was just bad. Don't go there!!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Park Lane Motel
Park Lane Motel
#24 of 89 in Lake George
Golden Sands Resort on Lake George

Been to Tahoe Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Tahoe Resort

Property: Tahoe Resort
Address: 2998 Lakeshore Drive, Lake George, NY 12845-6430 (Formerly Tahoe Beach Club)
Location: United States > New York > Lake George
Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#16 On the Beach Hotel in Lake George
Hotel Class:2 star — Tahoe Resort 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Tahoe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Tahoe Beach Club Hotel Lake George