I was a little skeptical of this place when my husband said he booked it. I thought it was going to be a cheezy motel but I was pleasantly surprised. This place was perfect for us! We had a junior suite, which was located right over the restaurant, that fit our family perfectly and had a nice view of the lake and the pool from our balcony.
When we first arrived, I had a problem with the TV. I called the front desk and someone was at our door within 5 minutes and had the problem resolved within 10 (new batteries for the clicker).
The pool was nice and had plenty of lounge chairs around it. If you didn't want to be right next to the pool or came when it was too crowded to get a poolside chair, there was an upper level with lots of extra chairs. They have a supply of towels for the pool but I'd recommend bringing your own because they were small, sort of rough and guests depleted the supply pretty quickly.
The beach was nice, if not a little small. But well stocked with chairs, picknic tables, at least one habachi and a pretty nice playground, which my kids really liked.
I will say the restaurant could use a little revamping. The breakfast buffet, which we passed on, was sort of pricey for powdered eggs and bulk fried sausage and bacon.
But the poolside bar service was pretty sweet. The offered lunch but I didn't try it so i can't comment.
The resort is perfectly located so you can walk to everything in the downtown area. Which is great because most places charge for parking.
We've stayed at a few places on the lake so far and this is definitely the best yet. We only spent 2 nights here but I'm hoping to stay a full week next year. We're already trying to get some friends to plan a multi-family trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family-friendly hotel in the heart of Lake George village. With a wide variety of rooms from a single bed to Suites overlooking the lake. The property is lakefront and has 233 feet of beach, a private heated pool, and numerous decks to relax on. We offer a wireless internet service around the entire property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Surfside On The Lake Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside On The Lake Hotel Lake George
- Surfside On The Lake George