“What a great way to experience Lake George!”

Surfside On The Lake Hotel & Suites
Ranked #32 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I was a little skeptical of this place when my husband said he booked it. I thought it was going to be a cheezy motel but I was pleasantly surprised. This place was perfect for us! We had a junior suite, which was located right over the restaurant, that fit our family perfectly and had a nice view of the lake and the pool from our balcony.

When we first arrived, I had a problem with the TV. I called the front desk and someone was at our door within 5 minutes and had the problem resolved within 10 (new batteries for the clicker).

The pool was nice and had plenty of lounge chairs around it. If you didn't want to be right next to the pool or came when it was too crowded to get a poolside chair, there was an upper level with lots of extra chairs. They have a supply of towels for the pool but I'd recommend bringing your own because they were small, sort of rough and guests depleted the supply pretty quickly.

The beach was nice, if not a little small. But well stocked with chairs, picknic tables, at least one habachi and a pretty nice playground, which my kids really liked.

I will say the restaurant could use a little revamping. The breakfast buffet, which we passed on, was sort of pricey for powdered eggs and bulk fried sausage and bacon.
But the poolside bar service was pretty sweet. The offered lunch but I didn't try it so i can't comment.

The resort is perfectly located so you can walk to everything in the downtown area. Which is great because most places charge for parking.

We've stayed at a few places on the lake so far and this is definitely the best yet. We only spent 2 nights here but I'm hoping to stay a full week next year. We're already trying to get some friends to plan a multi-family trip!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank tkbreeden

Reviewed August 7, 2010

We were really nervous about our stay at Surfside because of the reviews we read on this site. I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THESE CRAZY PEOPLE STAYED!!! We had a beautiful room, very clean and well cared for. The house keeper was efficient and friendly. To my children's delight, she placed their stuffed animals in adorable positions on the bed each morning. So cute. The beds were more comfortable than our beds at home. The beach was large and clean. The pool was clean and well cared for. There were even towels at the pool for our use. Every time we were outdoors, we saw staff sweeping, cleaning, reapairing, even raking the beach! Very well cared for! The rooftop terrace had a beautiful view and was perfect for watching the Thursday night fireworks! All of the staff was friendly and helpful. We had a hair dryer that didn't work, but after a call to the front desk, it was replaced in a matter of minutes! Parking was a little cramped, but free and plenty. We loved the Surfside and were sad to leave! We'll be back next year for sure!!

1  Thank jonnelcyphers
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Let me begin by saying if you are looking for high end accomodations in Lake George Village, you will be dissapointed. You have to go up the Lake in Bolton Landing for the Sagamore or others for that. (at $700/night) As for Surfside Inn, we found it to be just what were looking for in Lake George. We stayed in one of the 6 Lakeside rooms overlooking the beach and lake that had a terrace, so i cannot offer an opinion on the other rooms in the hotel as they have 4 different types The room was recently redone and was very nice, again not what i would call plush accomodations, but its Lake George. We had beautiful views of the lake mountains surrounding the lake.

The Location and the facilities were great and our kids loved to swim in the lake and pool and watch the boats go past. There is also a beach playground for kdis and they have coal bbq's that guests can use for cookouts on the beach. The Hotel also offers a prefect view of the Thursday night fireworks show. The hotel is a short walk into the main village and very close to the northway.

The cons of the hotel was even though the rooms were redone our bathroom door, did not close properly and the people staying above were very noisy as the ceilings and walls weren't really thick. In addition parking can be tough.

the pros far outweigh the cons for this comfortable Hotel. In addition by staying here we saved $52 on Great Escape tickets for four people. If you are looking for a good family hotel, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank bppny
Reviewed August 3, 2010

My family and I needed a getaway so we went to surfside in Lake George and thank god we did!!!! We had the most amazing time!!!! We had the package deal with meals and attractions included, what a deal!!!! The food was great everywhere we went and surfside treated us like family not visitors!!!! Anything we needed they took care of in a very timely fashion........We are going back next summer!!!! From now on when we go to Lake George surfside is and will be our choice of hotels!!!!!!! Thanks for showing my family and I a great time!!!!! We hope to see you soon!!!!!!

1  Thank AKelso31
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I just got back from Surfside w/ my young kids - no complaints - I've been to higher end resorts and you pretty much get what you pay for. My issue is with the person (are you really a MANAGER????) responding to all of these complaints via this website...I am in the customer service business myself, and BELIEVE ME... you aren't doing Surfside any favors by your snotty retorts to customer complaints. Whoever you are, you need to brush up on your people skills or find another job! You obviously don't like the one you have.

2  Thank hollybct
Reviewed July 30, 2010

My family spent our vacation in Lake George and we would not go to Lake George if we could not stay at the Surfside. The staff is helpful, the rooms are clean, and the pool and beach are second to none!! The location is perfect for walking into the village. Our best memories are of sitting in the lounge chairs near the lake enjoying the quietness of the lake and visiting with our children. The price was great and we tell everyone that is going there to stay there!!

1  Thank carrienrick
Reviewed July 29, 2010

We stayed in the Deluxe Lakefront View at the Surfside on the Lake. Two bedrooms for 5 adults, Large rooms and very clean. Lovely view of the Lake and mountains. Large washroom facilties to accomodate 5 guests. Bar fridge, microwave, coffee maker and toaster. Highly recommend this block of apartments if you plan on staying in Lake George. Willl surely return one day.

Stewart Family, Chateauguay, QC, Canada