I'm not going to lie to you. The surfside is not the equivalent of let's say, the w in Chicago. But it's in lake George village, the capital of cheesy, late 60's resort-ness.
That being clarified, it's not bad! We got quite the steal on a "two bedroom suite" with a lake view. Our family of three found it to be quite comfortable. We had a lake view, three queen beds and an adjoining bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. It appeared clean on arrival. I will note, the windows and slider were brand spanking new (I won't mention the lack of handle on the inside of the screen sliding door. Or. Maybe I will.) the acs worked, we had two flat screens, was fine.
To be noted, there was a dorm sized fridge (fine for our 4 day stay), a microwave we didn't use, and some plates (5), mugs (4), bowls (4), and A pint glass and A rocks glass. Silverware numbered 4 each. Bring coffee and filters (#2), those are not provided. I inquired at the front desk about those coffee packets you throw in, not available. She was kind enough to extend three filters. Glad I brought coffee, and that there was a price chopper in the neighborhood.
Knowing that we were walking into lake George village, and all that that brings, we were happy. Housekeepings not the best, but then again, we knew.
Since it was September/October, we never even ventured to the pool or the beach. The pool should've been closed a few weeks prior, was green. The beach? It had been raining all weekend so I will not pass judgment.
In conclusion, I would say that the surfside is fine. Again. Its not the ritz. But you are in lake George village. What did you expect?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family-friendly hotel in the heart of Lake George village. With a wide variety of rooms from a single bed to Suites overlooking the lake. The property is lakefront and has 233 feet of beach, a private heated pool, and numerous decks to relax on. We offer a wireless internet service around the entire property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Surfside On The Lake Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside On The Lake Hotel Lake George
- Surfside On The Lake George