“it was a positive experience”

Marine Village Resort
Ranked #19 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
“it was a positive experience”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I only gave the resort a 3 because the pictures on the internet are dated and deceiving. The room was great (2 queen) it was very clean and the housekeeping staff were outstanding. Having the restaurant for breakfast was very convenient as well and the food was okay (just okay). Our room as listed as a pool view. I took that as having a view of the pool which was not the case, but it didn't really matter much (unless I paid extra for that). The pool and the beach are MUCH SMALLER than what appears on line. The kayaks that were mentioned and showed on line were no where to be seen, and when we asked about it they were none to eager to rent them. The pool is in much need of attention. The grime on the tile on the pools inside edge could be scraped off with your fingernail and there were several missing tile. The beach needed attention as well however I understand that there was a recent bad storm which could have attributed to its appearance. It is a shame that people can't pick up after themselves and feel free to throw garbage on the ground but the numerous hotel staff should pick that up. Great family resort and there were many families. I read other comments about noise but did not experience that. You cannot beat the location it is close to everything!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Philadelphia Suburb
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I made our reservations back in March after reviewing all the other comments from here and many other motels in the area. I called directly and spoke with Cathy and she assigned us a room with 2 king beds and a rollaway for me and my 4 kids. The price was better calling directly and I recommend everyone make a reservation this way. It establishes immediate contact and you can ask questions to make sure you're getting what you want. We stayed 7 nights from July 15-22
Anyway, I will say that I have never been to a place that I had zero complaints unless I paid to stay at a 5 star resort. The room was clean and cared for, mattresses and pillows the best. I don't know how anyone can complain about a ard mattress here but...
The grounds were constantly tended to by staff and the setting was to die for. Everyone I came in contact with at Marine Village obviously were proud of where they worked because they did their jobs so well.
As for towels hanging from railings and beer coolers on the beach... Towels hanging to get them dry. This is done for practical reasons and not because the guests want to be dirt balls. Adults bringing coolers of adult beverages to the beach?? So...not one person I saw got out of hand or made the atmosphere unpleasant...everyone was happy and enjoying themselves. The ability to rent kayaks,paddle boats was so convenient ad readily available. The pool area with the adjacent patio with multiple grills for guests use, wonderful!! The food store was just around the corner to bring in fixing for dinner. I saw many families taking advantage of this feature and it couldn't have been a better experience for them with the uninterrupted views of the lake, just spectacular! There were plenty of beach chaises for everyone also.
I just can't say enough about this place, it was tough to leave it because it became like home for all of us. Thank you Marine Village and forgive any omissions there are so many more comments I could make

Room Tip: Call and make a reservation with them directly. Stay away from the area behind the poolside wing. Th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank karenhoyt63
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This place had so many issues that it will keep me telling the story for years to come. We booked the 2 bedroom for approx. 370 a night. It promises 2 bedrooms, turned out to be a 1 bedroom, the second was actually the common area they eliminated and added 2 more beds. It also had a kitchen, which was a microwave placed on top of a mini fridge across from the bed and a table stuck in the corner. Bathroom had 2 doors and neither had a lock. Which made it challenging to do anything in there with 3 kids who at any moment could burst in 1 of the 2 doors you weren't keeping a close eye on. The view was of a parking lot, which had a great sunset view over the maintenance garage. The front door had been broken into so many times it looked like they just gave up fixing it. I slept with one eye open all night because i felt unsafe, especially with the caliber of clientel staying here. There was actually a beer pong game in the parking lot that went on most of the afternoon. The beach area was small and I spent a mojority of my time picking up broken glass, garbage and bottle caps from the guys that had set up thier ez up tent and tailgated the day before. The remaining beach had eroded back into the lake. The onsite resturant food tasted like a saltlick and inedible. Kids eat free though, but making them eat it might be considered abuse. There are dogs everywhere, I kept looking around for an onsite kennel. Turns out people must like to have fido staying in thier rooms. This might explain the smell and questionable stains on the bed linens. I know the guy in the room behind me had a dog that liked to run and jump on the bed. I listened to it most of the morning.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank CTdad1
Montgomery, New York, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I go to Lake George each summer with the in-laws. After years of hearing my friends rave about MVR, I finally convinced the in-laws to stay there. Wow! The pool area was great! The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel had the same party-feeling of all the LG hotels, but the rooms were surprisingly quiet. My only complaint was that the people upstairs sounded like a herd of elephants. The hotel was convenient to Lake George village. The views were gorgeous! I'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JuniperJenny4
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just returned from a 4 night stay at Marine Village Resort and already missing the wonderful view of the lake and mountains! MVR is not only in a prime location of the town but a prime location on the lake and for the mountain view. To wake up everyday and see the lake and mountains was just a beautiful way to start the morning. Wonderful staff, extremely considerate and courteous- could not do enough for you. The rooms were charming and very clean and the grounds were landscaped beautifully. Flowers everywhere! Something for everyone- they offered different activities each day- FREE- for example- one day RootBeer Floats on the patio, one day a barbecue- who does that? They do! It was delightful! They have a breakfast restaurant that has wonderful food and an atmosphere of eating in GrandMa's kitchen (only bigger!)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jan B
ny
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Just got back from marine village. This will be my choice every year. Beautiful resort , in prime location of town. On the lake and near all. Beautiful views of mountains and boats. Has everything you could ask for. Went with kids and they love it. Clean. Great fast service. Fair pricing. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family and I just returned home from our annual trip to Lake George. We have been to Lake George every summer for the past 7 years. This was our first time staying at Marine Village, but it won't be our last! As mentioned in most other reviews, the location can't be beat! It's nice when you can leave the car and walk to everything! As for the rooms, they were pretty basic! Each day at Marine Village a different activity is planned. For example, Wednesday night was pizza night, Thursday night was s'mores and Friday was arts and crafts for the kids. The one main problem with my stay was trying to find lounge chairs at the beach. A previous review said there were pleanty, but I did not find that to be the case. My family and I would arrive each morning around 10-11 only to find that all of the lounge chairs were already taken, yet nobody was there! People had claimed the lounges with their beach towels early in the morning and then leave! What got me most angry is that the same people who hogged the chairs, didn't even retuen to the beach until afternoon. So, for a good part of the day, the chairs remained unused Meanwhile, my family and I and other guests who were actually at the beach, didn't have a place to sit. To the guests who stayed at Marine Village on the 12th and 13th of July and hogged all of the chairs and didn't even use them, you are very rude.

• Stayed July 2012