“Not bad, but not great either.”

Marine Village Resort
Ranked #19 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
Riverhead, New York
“Not bad, but not great either.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

Pros: room was clean and well maintained during our stay, a/c worked well. New TV that worked well. Staff was polite and allowed us to check in an hour earlier than usual. Always able to find parking though we rarely had to drive anywhere as the Resort is located in the village which was very convenient. Price was cheapest in the area when compared to similar rooms at other resorts. Close to the lake with facilities for boat and jet ski docking.

Cons: room was a bit damp, bathroom was very small, shower fixtures were loose and not in the best working condition. Toilet seat was broken and nearly falling off the toilet. If you get one of the few rooms that are on a lower level you can hear all the noise made by the above occupants.

We visited friends that were staying at another resort a few doors down and the rooms were very similar though they paid $80 more a night so higher price doesn't mean a better room.

A decent place to stay for a decent price compared to similar places in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank J M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Indian Orchard, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

This was our second time staying at the Marine Village and it is the only place we will stay on LG. My husband and I stayed in a king room with our infant son. They took a desk out to accommodate his play-pen. No, the room was not huge, but we managed. I don't go to LG to stay locked up in a room anyways. Our son played in his play-pen or walked around in his walker while we would get ready for the beach/ going out. Linens were very clean and modern. I almost felt like I was at a Marriott. :) The cleaning staff was very friendly. My one and only complaint is the shower head. I had a hard time rinsing the shampoo out of my hair. But that is minor and would never base my decision to stay here on this one thing. We will be back next year!! Thank you Marine Village!

On the other hand, the restaurant on site "Morgan's" is a joke! Worst service I have ever had. The food was average..kind of hard to mess up breakfast. The waitress was a complete air head. Took her 10 minutes to come over and even offer us coffee. We didn't have silverware, therefore no way to stir our cream into coffee. Finally took our order, got us some silverware and only came back to our table to bring us our food. Never asked if we need anything else, how the food was, or more coffee. NOTHING!! When she finally came over to pick up our plates, I asked her for more coffee and napkins because my infant son had made a mess. She went to the register to count her money, and after 10 minutes returned with napkins, but no coffee. By then I had already cleaned up his mess with baby wipes. What an idiot she was!! Love the Marine Village, but will never again bother with Morgan's.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

We booked our reservation with Marine Village@ 370 Canada Street they advised us that we might have to change rooms but it might no be necessary. We told them that it would NOT be an issue. A group of us excited for the long weekend check in to our rooms. We received a friendly welcome w/ our keys and no mention of the room change. The 1st night was great and quite enjoyable.

Day 2: We get up and go to breakfast @ 10:30am and head off to Great Adventures. We got back about 5:00pm. When we got back to our room our key was not working. I went back to the front desk and they reactivated my key. I went back to my room and open the door to see a all my belongs missing and a new couple moved in to our room. The other couple of course sees us in their room ask" Can i Help You" and then say "No, Can I help You".
Needless to say the hotel packed and moved our belongings to a new room without our knowledge. We had no idea where our belonging were taken until another guest said they overheard that it was put in room 32.

We all go back to the front desk to try to find out what is going on and the 3 teenagers that was at the front desk said " Sorry I don't know what is going on and we have to wait til the manger get back to rectify the problem. Not to mention we have NO IDEA where our belonging are or what room. I had to tell the young lady that i was not going to wait and that she needed to get on the phone ASAP and contact the manger. Come to find out the manger was on the strip doing some shopping.

The Manager finally show up and the 1st thing she says is " Oh... your the one." I was flabbergasted and extremely upset. She had absolutely NO COMPASSION or REMORSE for what happen. She proceeded to tell me that your belongings were moved to room 32 what is the problem. I told her the problem was that NO ONE told us that our belongings were being moved and you gave us access to a complete strangers room. Rachel Poladian comment to me was" What do you want me to do". "Your belongings were moved to room 32". When i got irate with her she proceeded to say" I have kidney stones and this job was stressing her out. When the other Caucasian gentlemen stepped in with no attitude or anything she offed him a free night and 50 dollar food voucher. Then she looked and me and said " will that be good enough for you". At this point our vacation was ruined not only be the service but by the rude and racist way were were treated. I have to say i was utterly shocked and our entire 3day weekend was ruined . I hope the owner reads this and understands the slick underlining way in which Rachel Polaian is running his business. Perhaps Rachel Polaian needs to take more customer service and hospitality traning. That way her kidney stones won't have to act up every time there is a crisis. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS RESORT TO ANYONE UNLESS YOU GET A NEW GENERAL MANAGER WITH COMPASSION FOR ALL RACE AND COLOR.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
27 Thank DEZDASH
CTAND FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. Based on the website I thought the junior suite had a separate bedroom. It had 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. We made it work.

There was a private beach , a heated pool and a dock for fishing. There were daily activities.

You could walk to town, which was a plus.

I might stay there again.

Yonkers, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel has the perfect location. It is right in the village within walking distance to everything. The rooms are neat and clean and the grounds are well kept. The people who work in the office are very friendly. The on premise breakfast restaurant has great food and the woman who is the manager is very friendly. They make you feel at home! The only problem that I encountered here was that people/guests are allowed to smoke on the walkway by their rooms. We were next to a room of smokers. Everytime we walked to our room, we were greeted by clouds of smoke. When we opened our door, the smoke went right inside. When you have children who have asthma and you thought you were coming to the Adirondacks for some clean fresh air it can ruin your vacation. Our towels were outside to dry and were full of smoke. We did not want to use them once they absorbed the smell. I guess the hotel is not at fault. Wish there was a designated area/rooms for those who smoke.

2 Thank KaTir
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family and I recently returned from a 5 day stay at the Marine Village Resort. This was our first time at Lake George and the accomodations provided by this hotel were fabulous. This hotel is located directly on the lake, which provides such a beautiful view. The room and grounds were spotless and well manicured. I continously saw the staff cleaning the grounds and working hard to maintain the area. The staff is very professional and they go above and beyond to make sure that your stay is perfect. They are the most accomodating staff that I have encountered in a long time! The activities that were provided by the hotel (barbeque, ice cream sundaes, crafts, etc) made our stay even better. We looked forward to the provided activities everyday. We will definitely return and I would highly recommend this place for families.

Woodside, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

We just returned from a five-day stay at the wonderful Marine Village Resort. I stayed here when I was a little kid, but returned, now at 36, with my husband and toddler. We stayed in Room 4, which is close to the lake in the building on the north side of the property. We had two queens, a fridge and microwave, dresser, and desk, and flat-screen TV. We had enough room to set up the pack and play and the bathroom was a nice size. The room (as well as #19, which we stayed in last year - in the same building), appears to have been recently renovated and the bathroom was large, new, and clean. The rooms are well-cleaned and stocked with towels.

The property is very well maintained and manicured and you will see many staff members throughout the days and evenings, keeping up the good work! Katie, our housekeeper, was such a sweet thing.

This has to be, hands-down, one of the best places to stay in the area. The location is perfect, near the north end of the village - close enough to walk up the driveway and into town, but still a very quiet, peaceful place. Sitting in the the pool, or on the beach, you would never be able to tell that in three minutes of walking, you can be in the bank, deli, supermarket, bars, restaurants, coffee shop, liquor store, etc. Especially with a toddler, that is a GIFT. Unlike many of the area motels, the pool is right next to the beach. I liked being able to plop our stuff down on a chair and go back and forth. The pool is heated and open until nine. It was nice to hop in for a dip after we returned from dinner. It was, however, PACKED with kids during the day! It didn't bother me, but be warned. There is a nice little playground and shuffleboard court for when you or the kids want a little fun out of the water. There are gas grills throughout the resort, for guests to use at their leisure. On our first night, we grilled some rib-eyes we brought from home and dined in the pretty gazebo. There is plenty of seating for people to hang out day or night and eat, play games, or just sit and chat with a few drinks.

Now. The best part is the beach. The water is so clean and clear and even early in this season, it was warm! There is a roped off area, which is good to keep the kids in line, but if you can go out as far as you want. Some kids (and maybe, even, me one time) like to jump off the docks. There are about a dozen boat slips - but I don't know anything about how that works. The beach is clean and "put back in place" every night by staff. There are about forty chaise lounges in good condition on the beach. More by the pool and plenty of seating on a large patio between the two. They also have several paddle boats, row boats, and kayaks available for the guests to use for free. My son is too little to participate, so maybe next year, but it looked like fun!

There is a breakfast restaurant, but we did not visit, and actually did not even see it. I think it is in one of the buildings on the southern end of the property. Free WiFi - occasionally weak signal.

In my opinion, Marine Village is a very special place. Beautiful beach. Wonderful heated pool. Clean, refurbished rooms. Lots of space and activities to play. Nice, hard-working, attentive staff. Fabulous location. We paid about $760 for four nights - the week BEFORE Saratoga opens and the rates jump a bit. We can't wait to return and have already book for next year. I highly recommend!

4 Thank SamDoodle