“This Place IS The Real Deal!”

Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
Ranked #3 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Just came back with the family a few days ago and all of us were quite impressed with this resort. At check in they greet you with a tasty beverage and friendly smiles. Ironically, I met the manager Mile Tillman who through our brief conversation, I could tell he takes great effort and pride to make everyone happy as does his staff. I knew right away that it was going to be a positive vacation experience.

We were assigned a room at the far end of the third floor suites. Unfortunately it was not near the elevator and the view of the lake was partially blocked. When I went back down to the front desk they were nice enough to put us in Room 307 for our 3 nights instead and we were in heaven. Fantastic view, great access, comfortable beds, plenty of space, great flat screens,
do I need to go on?

Oh by the way, the resort is fantastic also. Plenty for a family to do between the pools, hot tub,
sauna. mini put, chess etc. What really took me was what they did on Saturday night.
We are from eastern Massachusetts where drive in movies have become obsolete. I was going to take my wife and kids to the Glens Falls drive in down the road but found out that the hotel staff was setting up their own version by the outdoor pool for all of us to see. Why bother going out when it is right in front of you ? We saw the movie Tangled which was a heartwarming version of Rapunzel that both my children enjoyed. It was quite a daddy daughter moment to say the least.

As I am typing this review my son Adam wanted to mention how much he loved his Mickey Mouse pancakes at breakfast. Speaking of which, the food at the hotel restaurant is very good and very reasonably priced as well. They will honor more than one child for free on the kids meal with just one paying adult ! In our questionable economy every dollar counts and this place gets that !

If I sound like I am trying to oversell this place I am not. I just like to praise the good and condemn the bad. This resort IS the real deal and a great value for a fun family get away.
I encourage all parents to look into this property and plan for a great time !

Room Tip: Try to procure a room with a lower number on the level that you are on. You will have better access...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David H
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you very much for your nice review. Our staff will enjoy reading it.
The movie idea at the outdoor pool is an idea that we got from Holiday Inn Resorts called Dive In Movies. Our outside pool area is really a perfect setting for the movie, as some guests can watch the movie from thier balcony or from our lawn area. This summer, the movies will be on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again.

Michael/GM

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We came here for a rest. Enjoyed the view overlooking Lake George. Lots of activities for children. Rooms clean and well appointed. Appreciated the help of the manager Michael Spillman. He even recommended a good local Bistro for an excellent dinner.
Overall impression was very good.

Room Tip: Not on ground floor as can't leave window open at night for a breeze. Better to be on 2nd floor...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for your note. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had some rest while you were here. We love Bistro LeRoux. It is a terrific restaurant.

Michael/GM

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Nice hotel, very clean, friendly staff, walking distance to the lake George. Both pools (indoor and outdoor), outdoor hot tub and sauna are very clean and just great! Pool towels are provided. No needs to search outside the hotel for meals. Choices are buffet or to order from the menu. We had breakfast and dinner at the hotel, food was good and price was reasonable. Great rooms, very clean. Our room was a "pool-view" room with nice size balcony on the 2nd floor. The lake also was visible , so the room can be called pool/lake view :) . Kids had fun! Have no complains. Planning to come back next year!

Room Tip: lake can be seen from 2nd floor poolview rooms; corner rooms look like have limited view due to adja...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Look forward to seeing you back next year.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I spent a quick night here while driving up to Canada and i wish i would have brought my family up to enjoy this place. The pool looked great, they have a basketball court, mini golf hole. Great rooms, great breakfast. And a great bar and restaurant, which is filled with locals which was a great surprise to see.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

Thank you for your nice note. Hopefully we will see you with your family next time.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here during the 2012 Americade Motorcycle event and everything worked out perfectly. The location was convenient to activities and the hotel itself was very clean and the staff accomodating. Not always easy, I know, when descended upon by large groups.
I gave it a 4 only bacause the indoor pool is quite small and the jacuzzi was closed. Outdoor heated pool is open during the warmer weather and was very nice.
Would recommend for families looking for accomodations in the area.

Room Tip: As a priority club member the staff upgraded us to a suite.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KerryKelly
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you for the nice comments. We enjoy Americade very much, and look forward to next year.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn for one night in February on our way to Canada. It is a beautiful hotel! The view of the lake and the mountains from the entrance area was amazing! The lobby area was welcoming and the stuff was very friendly. We arrived late at night and had no problems checking in. The whole hotel looked newly renovated. The room was very clean and cozy. The beds were comfortable, linens were fresh and the bathroom was spotless. I have no complaints - this place was perfect! If we are ever back in the area it would definitely be our first choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travellingblondgirl
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Please join us again when you are coming this way..

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed here for two nights 5/30-5/31. Great room, really comfortable bed, pillows weren't cheap, big pool towels, nice tv w/ cable, refrig, bathroom was great. This room was so comfortable, nice view from balcony, walking distance to shops, lake, restaurants . Bowling ally next door and a gas station convenience store in front. A&W walk up food was convenient. I swam in the heated indoor pool, hot tub was perfect.
This hotel was simply spectacular and I highly recommended it. I think a family could also find plenty to do. Really clean and comfortable accomodations.

Room Tip: 2nd floor balcony overlooking pool actually provides good view of the lake too.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank haringdr27

Thank you for your note. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Resort. We hope to see you again.