“Great Location, great deal....”

The Georgian Lakeside Resort
Ranked #23 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
New York City, New York
“Great Location, great deal....”
Reviewed August 27, 2010

we went to Georgian Resort for our 10th year wedding anniversary. I have surfed the web looking for the best package around Lake George and I stumbled upon Georgian's Romantic package. the location is very easy to find, very accessible to everything. our room i'd say is somewhat oudated, the shower gets too hot even if it is set on cold, our bathroom doesn't have an exhaust fan so whenever we take shower the bathroom is all clogged up with fog. the room has a mini ref, flat screen tv, coffee maker, hairdryer....microwave would have been a nice addition though. the internet connection in our room was very weak. they have a very nice swimming pool. there are cabana-like areas around the swimming pool with the view of the lake. our room was a courtyard room with great view of the lake and the swimming pool. their restaurant on site is Giovanna's and they serve decent priced sumptous meals. the only set back on our romantic package was, we were not able to use the pedal boat because of the weather. i'd recommend this resort to anybody who would like to have a great escape from the daily stress of life and just soak up the beauty of nature.....the beauty of Lake George.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SavvyBabeNY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We spent well over $300 a night for a room with a 'balcony' (which was 2 old white plastic chairs, and dirty padding). We thought we'd be able to sit out and enjoy the lake while our young baby went to bed early, but we could not enjoy ourselves because of the tarantula sized spiders all over our patio. There were 10 looming over our heads, and on our door to go in. And there was one that was in our curtain inside our room. I get it - it's the adirondacks...but still it gave us the creeps. The site boasts renovations in July 2010 - the rooms look like they are right out of the 1980s. My husband said - maybe they renovated the light switch covers. There was a dead spider smeared across our wall that was never cleaned and petrified onto the wallpaper. The bathroom shower had mold in it and the hot-tub - I wouldnt go in it if you paid me. The pool was not as big or inviting as the photoshopped image on the website. The 'private beach' was about 60 feet of cramped platic furniture ridden space, with huge yachts parked on either side (who wants to swim in a yacht parking lot)? Lake george as a vacay spot was not for us. We're not stuck up or prudish in any way but the town and vacationers seemed really 'washed up' - parents were letting their kids run around without any supervision, and they just looked tired and unhappy.

4 Thank amcnyc

Travelers are raving about these Lake George hotels

East Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Wonderful place! My fiance & I decided to stay at the Honeymoom suite. Great jacuzzi tub. King size bed! Brand new flatscreen TV. Loved the balcony overlooking Lake George. One big drawback, the balcony wasn't cleaned, I don't think ever. Leftover cigarette buts in ashtray, spiderwebs & dead bugs all over the place. Plus the cleaning lady never vacuumed the entire 3 days we stayed. Other than that, the location of the resort was perfect. Breakfast (wake up call) delivered to us one morning. Delicious. But were surprised at how early room service closed down, 10PM? Giovanna's was an excellent restaurant located at the resort, great steaks & low prices! Plus we really liked that we were close enough to walk to the strip. We will definitely make this our Lake George resort annually!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Hamden, CT
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Gorgeous views and great pool. Food at pool was great. Service was terrible. Room service was available if you filled out a sheet by 11:00 pm, you could have select the time to have breakfast delivered to your room the next day. Room was updated with a flat screen tv and nice comfortable beds. The bathrooms probably haven't been updated since 1970. It's in a great location, close to shops and restaurants and Lake George Village. Our room was barely cleaned during our visit. The sinks were never wiped down, bathroom floors never mopped and plastic cups never replaced, coffee never replaced. The management apologized and said it was as a result of being short staffed and hiring temps. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again. It was reasonably priced and in a good location.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We booked a shoreline room w/2 queen beds. No way was this room worth $260/night.
The staff was friendly but housekeeping need a refresher course in housekeeping. Our room was small. We had no table & had to keep all our things on a nightstand & on top of the refrig. We had a great location looking out onto the lake. The patio would have been more enjoyable if it had seemed cleaner. The manager was polite and business like (not friendly) and lowered our rate based on our disappointment. This hotel does not look anything like it does on the computer. This is not a hotel this is a motel. The only thing besides the view we liked was the pool area. The pool looked almost as nice as the pics on the website. There was a bar and it wasn't overly crowded. There were never any towels though. Each time we went we had to ask for towels and were always told they were getting them, I don't know why they were so cheap with the towels. They had nice gazebos with tables to sit at to get out of the sun. The floor was covered with a like indoor/outdoor carpeting. The floor needed to be cleaned in between guests. There was food remnants from previous people on the floor and it was disgusting.The lake is a joke, it's not big enough in or out of the water. It's roped off and you can't even swim around. My kids enjoyed the slide for about 15 mins. until they got tired of landing in shallow water filled with pebbles that was hurting their feet and knees depending on how they landed. I could have gotten past all of the above if our room felt clean. Other than replacing the towels and straightening up the sink and bathroom, I don't know what cleaning they did. I complained to the front desk that my bathroom floor or toilet was not being cleaned and they said it would be taken care of and it never was. The toilet bowl was not cleaned all week. I checked it everyday and it was never done. Housekeeping doesn't have a check list as to what every room should have. Somedays I got washcloths, somedays I didn't. After the rooms were cleaned they would pile the bags of garbage up at the end of the walkway near our room. The garbage would be leaking (God knows what) and we would have to step over it & even after the garbage was removed the area was never hosed down it just dried up. Our bathroom door was so hard to open and close there was no need to lock the door (good thing the lock didn't work) my kids couldn't get out of the bathroom w/o our help. This was my first trip to Lake George and would definitely go back, I just won't stay here. It's too bad because this could be a decent place if housekeeping knew what they were doing. I don't blame the individual housekeepers as much as I blame the person in charge of them.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jsantonucci
Sayreville, New Jersey
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Went on vacation for 6 days, view of Lake George was beautiful can't say that for the accomodations. The rooms were small, old and DIRTY. I had to dust and wipe down bathroom and all flat surfaces. A glass was broken in our room, by housekeeping, there were pieces of glass left in the sink as well as on the bathroom floor. This is a danger!!! The bathroom door would not close, not due to humidity but do to their paint job. We had adjoining rooms, but the door did not open, again their paint job. We found pieces of candy left by other renters under the bed. Our refrigerator was full of things again left by the previous renters, never cleaned, No one was in charge, no checklist, I had to ask for toilet paper, plastic glasses, etc. Coffee pot in the room needed to be soaked before using. We paid alot of money for these rooms and it was well below our expectations.

3 Thank cbe58
new jersey
Reviewed August 21, 2010

My husband and 3 children, 16, 11, & 9, stayed at this hotel Friday August 6th through Sunday August 8th, 2010. We had 2 rooms for 2 nights. One of the rooms was poolside , other a waterfront suite. The total for our trip, hotel only, was just over $1310.00. We booked our trip with Theresa at the hotel and paid a deposit of $656.00 two weeks prior to arrival. Theresa advised us she would send an email confirmation of our reservation. (email has never been received even after a 2nd phonecall to "John" at the front desk.) We did not receive, nor were we offered, any complimentary beverage, meal voucher or tour boat tickets.

A week prior to arrival, the hotel withdrew an additional $328.00 for a "deposit" from our bank account. A phone call was made to Theresa and the $328.00 was returned to our account that same day. No one at the hotel could answer why this happend. Violet at the front desk was unaware on how to even proceed with the credit transaction.

We did have a confirmation number and continued on our trip. We arrived early afternoon, prior to check-in, and our rooms were ready. My husband paid the balance of the rooms with cash and asked for a receipt. "Oh, you don't need a receipt" was the front desk answer. He informed her that he "really" did need one and one was produced. Unfortunately, there was no parking. My 3 kids and I found our rooms, while my husband waited in the running vehicle for a parking spot....20+mins.

The poolside room was nicely furnished , $291.00/nite (better furnished than waterfront suite) but was noisier at night. The waterfront suite had a nice flat panel TV and new down comforter. The rest of the furnishings within the suite were extremely dated. The suite had a fabulous view of the lake. The suite had 2 lounge chairs outside on shared walkway. The lounge chairs had frayed, worn, and unmatched seat covers...they needed to be thrown away. I kept asking myself, "This room is $365.00/nite???"

The pool and tiki bar were nice, busy and had similar lounge chairs around. The band that was playing during the afternoon was great. The lake has a blow-up slide into the water and mini paddle boats both suitable for toddles, not my children's ages. All children and adults were only allowed to go into the water up to their knees. The mini/toddle size paddle boats are free. My 11 year old daughter was told she was too big to ride it. My 9 year old could though. Family size paddles boats & kayaks are $20/hour each. Plus tax, for our family it was $42.40. This was not gratis nor included in the price of our room. While signing for the paddle boats & kayak at the front desk, the receipt was printed with "Robert Shmitt's" name on it. I am not Robert Shmitt but my correct credit card number was printed on the receipt. Odd....but I was assured by the front desk that it wasn't a problem, my name wasn't entered into the machine and "Robert Shmitt" name just came up by accident.

The breakfast was poor and $9.95 per person. We did not eat there the 2nd morning nor did we eat at Giovanna's restaurant on the premises.

Now the awful part....

When we returned home Sunday, I confirmed all our purchases online. At that point everything was accurate. Wednesday, 3 days after returning home a withdrawl of $581.64 appeared from the Georgian Resort. On Thursday, an additional $42.40 was withdrawn from our account. Three different unauthorized withdrawls from our account??? In my opinion, this is a HUGE RED FLAD and possible theft. Our money was replaced and a $70.00 refund was returned to us 8 days after we returned home and after many many phone calls. By the way, calling this a "resort" is laughable. In my opinion, it is an average hotel.

I could go on with other points within the hotel but it isn't really worth my time....an awful experience!

4 Thank toes-n-sand