Our stay was a tale of two rooms. The first, was small, next to a tree from which Mosquitoes bloomed, had a strong chemical smell of newly laid carpet, and had no dresser. I complained to the front desk and without any fuss, gave us a pool side room. Which was much larger, had a better TV, but still the chemical smell of newly laid carpet ( unavoidable as all the rooms had new carpets). In the bathroom were towels perched on the bath tub, arranged in the shape of a swan. This artistic endeavor was greatly appreciated.
The pool itself is a good size and there is a bar next to the pool. There is plenty of seating, with great views of Lake George.
Also, all of the staff were friendly and helpful. In terms of location, it cannot be beat, as it is in the Lake George Town and everything is within walking distance. With the warning that the rooms may vary in quality, I would recommend the Georgian as a good place to stay and relax (we were there for a nearby wedding).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Georgian Lakeside Resort is located within walking distance of Lake George Village. The Georgian has 158 rooms & suites, a private beach, outdoor heated pool, The Cabana Bar, and Giovanna's On The Lake Restaurant, Dinner Theater, in-room coffee, fitness center, game room, free WiFi. Contrary to the listing of amenities on TA - we do not offer free breakfast. Wedding, Conference & Meeting facilities, AAA 3-Diamond Rated. Near all local attractions including whitewater rafting, The Great Escape, Lake Cruises and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your The Georgian Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Georgian Lakeside Hotel Lake George
- Georgian Hotel Lake George