“Vacation” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
Monroe, New York, United States
“Vacation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, however were very disappointed with the beach! The biggest draw for us when coming to Lake George is the beach and the lake. The beach at the Georgian is very small with only eight lounge chairs. Not once was there a lounge chair that wasn't being used. I had to use my own beach chairs. We should have been informed at the time of reservation that there was construction on the beach. We also thought there was a slide going into the lake? Also, the pool was always crowded, and again, we couldn't find chairs! The Georgian was definitely more expensive than some or most of the other resorts and unfortunately we did not feel it was worth the money.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Georgian Lakesi... R, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Jennifer T,
I apologize that you were not notified that there was construction going on by the beach at the time of reservation. In the future when work is being done on property we will be sure to let guests know when they are booking. Now that the construction is done the beach has gained in size. I apologize that there was not enough chairs and will take this into consideration for next season. I can assure you that we are working to make as many upgrades to the property as we can. Customer service is our number one priority and we will address your concerns. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Hebrew first
Fresh Meadows, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

For the amount of money we paid for each night, I would have expected more from this hotel. When we checked in, we were told that the room had recently been renovated so we should enjoy our stay. Well.. it was not the case.. the bathroom sink faucet was leaking, the bathroom walls were half painted, the beds were not comfortable and the microwave light just would turn off. There is no counter space in the bathroom to put anything and you basically need to set your stuff all on the floor. We finally got a chance to enjoy the pool but then were told that the pool was being shut down for 4 hours and we needed to vacate the deck. Not nice ! Cleaning lady didnt even take our garbage on the first day. We had to put it out to make sure it was taken the next day.

Room Tip: Best thing to do if you can afford it is to get a penthouse suite and not one of the regular rooms.
1 Thank yanny2013
yanny2013,
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you did not have a spectacular stay. With a full maintenance staff on property I hope that your concerns with the room were addressed. I assure you that the issues you mentioned are being addressed. We take pride in customer satisfaction and take each review seriously. We look forward to hosting your accommodations in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Smithtown, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was a last minute trip and this was the first and only motel I came across with a room available. On the plus side, the location is great; walking distance from the village, on the water and easy to get to. The pool is nice and the cabana bar was a great value with an outstanding view of the lake. The room was large but tired. Not perfectly clean but, housekeeping took care of it when we called. The "courtyard view" translation is you are looking at the parking lot. We did not eat in the restaurant because I never saw a crowd there at anytime. Not a good sign. Lots of choices off property. They need to replace/increase the number of kayaks, as they are old and in demand. Overall, the property reminds me of a place that is past its prime. It needs work throughout to be a real resort. Staff was friendly and did their best. Fine for a couple of nights for the price. Not up to "resort" standards and not likely we would spend an entire vacation at this property.

Room Tip: Avoid downstairs "courtyard" rooms. Noisy plumbing and vehicle traffic.
2 Thank Dan B
Thank you for your review. We are working throughout the property to make upgrades where needed as we can. I will take into consideration the kayaks, and paddle boats for next reason. I am glad that your housekeeping concern was immediately taken care of, but should not have happened.We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

There is practically no beach. This was very disappointing because I was looking to use the beach to swim and hopefully go kayaking or boating. This is the biggest drawback.

There is a good happy hour with good prices. The location is great as it is an easy walk into town.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms as they are more modern and cleaner
1 Thank Cliff S
Cliff S,
Thank you for your feedback. We have recently renovated our retaining wall on the beach which has added to the size. I apologize that the beach did not meet your standards. Overall I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Rocky Point, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

After reading several bad reviews on trip advisor, I was afraid that we had picked the wrong spot for our family vacay in Lake George.
Here's what I found:
The front desk people were extremely nice and accommodating, not rude and mean.
Our room was a "renovated" room and it was newly decorated and very clean. My only complaint would be that there were no towel racks or even a hook in the bathroom to hang towels or robe. There was a new little refrigerator and microwave in the room.
The restaurant breakfast buffet was very good and reasonable with a beautiful view of the lake.
The pool and outside bar area were fantastic with panoramic views of the lake and live music. Happy hour drinks were also very reasonable.
There is also a small beach and rental boats (pricey at $10 for an hour in a kayak or pedal boat)
I highly recommend this resort. We were there with my grandchildren aged 6 and 7 and they had a ball- very family oriented. We adults had fun too!
One complaint-my daughter and family were in room 307 and they had to get their room changed-there was some weird clanking noise, like pipes, during the night. They were changed to a poolside suite.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room and stay away from room 307 area until they get problem resolved!
jillmar61,
I am glad that you got to enjoy one of our newly renovated rooms during your stay. I will look into getting towel racks for the bathrooms. The views from the property are great and I am pleased to hear that your family enjoyed them. We have addressed the issue in room 307. We recently have upgraded our retaining wall on the beach which did give us some more space. I look forward to seeing your family in the future.
Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was looking forward to sharing Lake George with my wife who had never been. After years of telling her how wonderful it was we made a reservation at the Georgian. We arrived and were placed in a room with:

No window, no chairs, no closet, no hangers, Iorn that burned clothing, broke floor tiles, torn rug, it appears art was torn off the walls, and the A/C gave us both a nice congested feeling. We did have a skylight that still had the sticker on it.

The outside area's were no bargain either. The bar area by pool could be nice except it is filthy. The roof area is filled with trash, construction material, half smoked cigars and various trash items. The pool area needs allot of maintenance. As do stairs, walkways, and rooms.

The underground garage is a nice touch because they do not have enough parking. When you walk up the stairs you get to see crumbled concrete everywhere.

After looking around at the overall filth and unkept managment of the hotel we did not dare eat here after over hearing workers talking about health code violations in the kitchen.

This hotel would be fine on a road side off a highway but in such a pretty place you can find much better.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dawson10
Dawson10,
I apologize that you did not enjoy your experience. If you could please contact me at your earliest convenience at assistant@georgian resort.com so that I can look into getting some repairs made to the room that you were in. I look forward to hearing from you.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

When my wife's family agreed to all stay at the Georgian I was extremely reluctant at first. Being in the restaurant business I myself have heard some horror stories about staying at the Georgian. I can happily say these were all wrong. The rooms were not only clean and comfortable but extremely affordable. While there my wife and I experienced wonderful service from a young woman at the front desk named "ARON". "ARON" answered our persistent questions about the area and the hotel to the utmost fullest. It seemed as though she took a genuine concern in my family enjoying there time spent at the Georgian and we were very sad to leave. Thank God there is still reliable, hospitable and helpful employees out there somewhere!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Frank00234,
Thank you for your review! I am pleased to hear that we lived up to your expectations, and that you gave us that chance. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and service. There are many things to do in the area which make it well worth the trip to Lake George. We look forward to hosting your accommodations again in the future.