We brought a group of 19 motorcycle riders to the resort for one night, and after having booked the reservation a year ago we arrive to find that the hotel was no longer able to accommodate our group and had to put us in different sections of the hotel (after confirming we had a 'block of rooms'). The staff and management were unable to give everyone rooms with safe and visible parking for their bikes, and were unconcerned about splitting up our group. We all went down to the pool for some food and drinks and were disappointed to learn that the bar staff were incapable of keeping our food and drink bills organized, so many members of our group had drink charges on their bills that didn't belong to them, and they were incapable of sorting this out for us. We gave the restaurant a try for dinner after checking in advance that we could get some separate bills, and found the service terrible at the restaurant as well. We'd booked the reservation in advance, but they were unprepared for us. Everyone's food came out at different times (some main courses only coming when other people's dessert had already arrived), no one was asked for water or drink refills, no one checked to with us to see if the food was good once it was served, and they mis-ordered many people's food choices (e.g., forgetting side salads and appetizers, etc). When it was finally time for bed we found the bathrooms dirty, and the beds uncomfortable (you could feel the springs in your back). The only good think about this hotel was the location, and the band by the pool (the entertainment was sublet outside of the hotel, which is probably why it was the only good thing about our stay). Most of the other hotels offered a continental breakfast as part of the stay, and this was the only place we stayed that didn't offer such a service. With such terrible customer service overall we will never be going back, and would recommend large groups stay away. I can see why they have a 52% rating on Trip Advisor - bad experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Georgian Lakeside Resort is located within walking distance of Lake George Village. The Georgian has 158 rooms & suites, a private beach, outdoor heated pool, The Cabana Bar, and Giovanna's On The Lake Restaurant, Dinner Theater, in-room coffee, fitness center, game room, free WiFi. Contrary to the listing of amenities on TA - we do not offer free breakfast. Wedding, Conference & Meeting facilities, AAA 3-Diamond Rated. Near all local attractions including whitewater rafting, The Great Escape, Lake Cruises and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your The Georgian Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Georgian Lakeside Hotel Lake George
- Georgian Hotel Lake George