“Beautiful spot with great staff”

The Georgian Lakeside Resort
Ranked #17 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Altamont, New York
“Beautiful spot with great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and 2 kids for 2 nights before memorial weekend in the presidential suite. The room was very large with a beautiful deck overlooking the lake. The hotel is right inside town so easy to walk into arcade shops and restaurants. The staff was excellent we had an emergency and had to cut short out two night stay. We had a 2 night minimum but after talking to the staff they let us out early with no charge. Thanks again for your professionalism.

• Stayed May 2013
Georgian Lakesi... R, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Kpbgmc,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here on Trip Advisor. It is always great to know that our staff is doing a great job to ensure you had a great stay with us.
We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Hebrew first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

When I called to book the room I should have been advised about the construction. The construction went on into the evening past 10:00 pm.

When I checked out I also found out about a continental breakfast that was available. Would have been nice to know.

Upon check out staff was really not concerned that I was unhappy about the construction only mumbling "sorry".

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Iceskatinghag
Georgian Lakesi... R, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Iceskating,

It is unacceptable on how our staff treated you at check out. I sincerely apologize for there attitude and I promise to address this with them so this does not happen again. We do hope that you will give us another try to show you that things here have changed and our staff will be more gracious and courteous to all situations. Please feel free to contact me.

Travelers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Cold Brook, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Staff was exceptional. We had a demi-suite on the lake and the room was spacious and very, very clean. Would definitely go back there! The only negative is that there was an event going on and you could hear the music throughout the resort. The party-goers were well behaved and as long as they were having a good time -- who cares. Maria G

Room Tip: Demi-suite rooms are on the lake and the scenery is beautiful!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Georgian Lakesi... R, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Maria,

Thank you so much for the great response. We certainly do apologize for the noisy guest for there banquet and thank you for being so understanding.
We are so happy that our staff is doing a great job keeping the rooms clean and also glad that you enjoyed your view. It was our pleasure having you as a guest and we hope to see you again.
Edison, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We visited The Georgian on May4th and 5th 2013. Its a nice hotel. We stayed in the demi suite which is right on a small private beach. The room and the beach were clean. Good location.
However -
1. There was some private party going on in the restaurant and the 'terrace room'. So there was loud music and very noisy/drunk people till really late in the night. The phone in our room was out of order so we couldnt even call reception. We called from our cell phone only to find out that there was nobody at the reception to help us.
2. The restaurant was closed for lunch and dinner. They had a small breakfast menu. But the breakfast was nice. Restaurant staff was friendly.
3. There was nothing upscale about the place. So don't be fooled by the pictures. Its a clean hotel though and we didnt pay much for the hotel room since we were charged off season rates.

So overall for the price we paid we would have been satisfied if it wasnt for the noisy guests and the fact that the hotel management did nothing about it.

Room Tip: The demi suites and the honeymoon suites are the only beach front rooms here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jyoti M
Georgian Lakesi... R, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Jyoti M.

Please accept my sincere apology for the phone in your room not working, and when you did call the desk our staff was out on property with security taking care of the situation.
We do keep guest security as a top priority, security is right on top of issues apart from night patrolling. We do hope you will give us another try. During the season we do have a lot of activities going on such as paddle boats, kayaks, private beach, heated pool, and our new Boca Bar. We do hope you will visit us and take advantage of what we have to offer.

Sincerest Apology
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Just stayed there on the 5/3. As stated by the reviewer below, I don't know where the pictures on the website came from because they look NOTHING like the actual motel. We were given a room on the second floor; our room was located semi-next to where they hold their banquets. Walking up to the room I second guess whether to asked to be moves because there was a banquet going on, yet once seeing how our room was located on the far end and was the only room there, we decided to stay. Everything was going well until we decides to go to sleep at about 11pm. By 11:30 we could hear drunk people running up and down the hallway outside. Multiple drunken individuals were falling down the stairs outside our room followed by voices stating, "Well babe that's what you get when you drink too much!" Our door was knocked on 3 times waking us up each time, and the shenanigans continued until about 3am. When we were leaving the desk asked us how are stay was and we told them it was terrible and what happened. The girl apologized and said a manager would contact us. We have still not been contacted; customer service is obviously not on the top of their priority list. NEVER EVER AGAIN!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank LJRyann
Dear LJRyan,

Please accept my sincerest apology for the bad behavior of these young adults. I do apologize for not getting back to you sooner, but I did call you when I returned to work. Customer service is very important to us.
We do keep guest security as a top priority when they are informed about specific areas and security is right on top of the issues apart from night patrolling. Again we do apologize and we look forward to having you give us another try.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

The pictures on the website do not match the actual accommodations. I was not happy with the appearance of the hotel but for the value $78...I would not pay more for any other season. The hotel was under construction and offered very little parking, our room was about a block away from available parking spot. We were not informed that construction was taking place when we made our reservation. We had reservations for two nights(we were with a group)but we could not stay the second night because the Hotel was also hosting a college fraternity formal. The behavior of these young adults was appalling and the young staff although were somewhat understanding I don't think they fully understood the negative behavior and the affect they were having on other Hotel guest! My room was surrounded by these party going loud obnoxious young adults. Knowing very well that this party was only going to get worse I chose to vacate the hotel and made reservations at a Hotel down the street. The girls at the front desk were polite but they said they were unable to refund my money that night, that I would have to call the manager Monday Morning. I called the Manager and left a message. I never heard from the manager. I called back and made the person who finally answered the phone also answer my questions as to my refund for the night we were unable to stay!! Although we were refunded for the one night we didn't stay it would've been nice if the manager had called me back and apologized for all the inconveniences we incurred!! I would not have written this review if the manager had taken the time to personally apologize. a little people skills when working with the public goes a very long way! My husband and I both worked in the hospitality field for many years and many major and minor occurrences can be handle with communication! And one word of advice never book a soccer group with a Fraternity party! Also if you book a Fraternity party you may want to inform potential guest before they make reservations!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Mteacher33
Georgian Lakesi... R, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Mteacher33,

I offer my sincere apologies for what happened during your stay with us. We are renovation rooms which does limit our above ground parking, we also do have a large underground parking lot available and our staff should have informed you of this along with the banquet that was going to be taking place on Saturday evening. I can certainly understand your concerns again apologize for the lack of communication on our part. We do hope that you will give us another chance to show you that these banquets do not happen often and we can be a great place to stay.
My Sincerest Apologies,
Rooscoe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

My two sons and I went back up to Lake George for the Winterfest at the end of Feb. This year we stayed at The Georgian Lakeside Resort. We stayed there last year and it was a very pleasent stay so we decided to go there again. The staff was wonderfull very helpfull with checking us in and out . The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The location of the resort was perfect for the downtown activites.We love Lake George and we had a wonderfull visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Velma E,

Thank you for leaving a great review on our establishment, this really means a lot to us. I will certainly let our staff know that they did a great job. We do look forward to having you stay with us in the future and enjoying Lake George year round.