“Weekend Getaway for End of Summer”

The Georgian Lakeside Resort
Ranked #26 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We went to Lake George for our weekend getaway at the end of the summer (last weekend). When you first arrive the view of the hotel is more motel-ish with the way it is built however the back of the hotel is simply amazing. Beautiful views. It basically provided what we needed, since we did not need much. Would probably visit again if I am not expecting high class.

Check out Chic's or DJ's for some boating and nighttime fun!

Room Tip: Ask to have AC turned ON for the day of check-in, room gets uncomfortably hot.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kailin V
There are newer reviews for The Georgian Lakeside Resort

Reviewed September 13, 2012

CAR show weekend and the parking lot problem started as soon as we were unpacking , they should have security in the lot helping out..... the tension runs high.... our room we have every year the carpeting is in need to be changed so bad we do not walk bearfooted in the room. and friends that travel together and have rooms together have always been ok, but not this year, there were a lot of upset people.......

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank e m
Georgian Lakesi... R, Management Representative at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are so sorry to hear that you had an average rated stay this year with us. Please allow us to explain few things which would be relevant to your this year's stay for the Car Show Weekend 2012.

Parking:
We have a huge parking lot and an additional underground parking lot. Not a single hotel in Lake George is overbuilt for parking like we are and this is just for events like Car Show where guests have more than 1 car. Throughout the weekend, we noticed that the underground parking garage did have a lot of room for cars who couldn't find parking on the main level. It would have been better if more guests would have taken the advantage of parking their vehicles in the underground parking lot.

Staff:
We staff and cordon off our entrance to allow parking for registered guests only.

Security:
For all three days starting Thursday to Saturday, we had security on site. The security personnel did a great job in diffusing any and all situations in the parking lot. Our guests safety and comfort is the primary objective during such a busy event.

With regards to the carpets, we do have a plan in place for replacing them this winter after the season winds down.

When you come back next season, you shall be able to notice the changes that we will be doing for next year. Thank you for staying with us and we hope we get to host you again for next year's car show week.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Rooms were very clean and the staff was very helpfull. Courtroom rooms had a very large bathroom. Pool area by the water is excellant. Underground parking available. Parking lot itself was large. Nice resturant on the property. Within walking distance to all the resturants and stores downtown.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank John P
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed here with family for two nights this past August (midweek). We had three rooms, all in a row on the first row. We had a nice time.

The motel itself, like many in the area are dated. If you want a newer hotel, go somewhere else. However, if you are on a family vacation, the Georgian is just fine.

The pool area was wonderful. All the kids spent hours in the pool and had a good time while adults could get drinks at the outside bar. The pool overlooks the lake, and is a great place to spend an afternoon.

The chicken nuggets pool side were fine. We never ate in the dining room, which looked pretty empty most nights.

From the motel it is a short walk into town where there is plenty of restaurants and shopping opportunities.

A special call out to the housekeeping staff. On our first morning there my daughter got very sick and threw up on the bed. Housekeeping was quick to respond and took care of us. When I went to tip the housekeeper she told me she was the housekeeping manager and is not allowed to accept tips. She was very polite and helpful, my hat is off to her.

After my daughter got sick my wife sent me a mission for some chicken noodle soup. The only place I could find in was the small Price Chopper in town. When I got back to the motel, the front desk personal allowed me to heat the soup in their microwave. While it was heating they told me they would have a microwave sent to our room. The microwave was delivered to the room within minutes of me returning to it with the soup for my daughter.

So, while the physical condition of the motel is average, the staff, pool area, and location to town make the Georgian a very good place for a family vacation.

Room Tip: Not sure, our rooms overlooked the parking lot. However, I am not sure I would have wanted to be by...
1  Thank lewink
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I had stayed in a shoreline room which was very nice and easy access to private resort beach and pool. Shoreline room is just what it says, you have your room and property to sit in front of your room and more on the shoreline with the boats. The scenary is fantastic and relaxing. Accomodations were great and staff was very friendly and helpful. You are located about 1 block from the activities from the village. I would stay at the same resort and room again on my next visit. Also note you will have to keep on file a credit card on hold with about just under $400 for any damages incurred during your stay, but it is reversed upon check out and it takes about 3 days according to your bank. I was taken back at first because I was unaware of this but I received no fees from my bank and it all worked out but I now know for future bookings. The pool is heated and clean. The food at the pool is good and reasonably priced. The resort grounds itself is well groomed and clean. The rooms as well are kept cleaned.

Room Tip: Shoreline, lakeview rooms are nice and quiet but will cost you more, but if you have children you ma...
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband, son, daughter and I just vacationed at the Georgian Aug 28 - Sept 1. We were given a comfortable, newly renovated courtyard room with 2beds plus a cot, We were a bit tight but it was clean, beds very comfortable new white fluffy comforters, spotless bathroom with new tub/shower. We also had a view of the lake & mountains from our balcony which was located right outside our door. The pool area was beautiful. There were plenty of chairs..bring your own beach towels because the hotel's towels were hand towel size. The patio bar had 1/2 priced beer, well drinks and appies sun thru wed. The Caesar salad ended up costing $4 and could have fed the 4 of us! We had a few appies and drinks, all for $20. We couldnt eat dinner for 2nights! The wait staff and reservationists, chambermaids were all so friendly. We even got a lower hotel rate for the first 2nts from the front desk. The rates were $99 for 1st two nts and 139.00 each additional nt. I thought this was very reasonable for Aug into labor day weekend.
The 1st morning we tried the breakfast buffet & it was very disappointing. The food didn't look appetizing and there were hardly any choices. Luckily, the staff was having a meeting in the rear of the diningroom. I approached them and asked to speak to them about the buffet. The chef, manager were very appreciative for my feedback. They were kind enough to deduct the cost of the buffet from our bill...I didnt even ask for that. I thought they knew how to make their guest happy! We would definitely go back to the Georgian Resort again!

Room Tip: I would request 2nd floor courtyard rooms, closer towards the lake/mtns rather than closer towards s...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Georgian Lakesi... R, Management Representative at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you deeply for taking time to review your stay with us.

Thank you for noticing the cleanliness of the room and the bathroom. We are glad you got to enjoy the great promos we had by the pool bar for appetizers and drinks. Many guests from nearby properties have been flocking to the happy hour and appreciate the food and the prices.

Breakfast:
Chef and the F&B manager are currently in the process of revamping the breakfast buffet so as to include more selections. Your criticism has been taken constructively and we depend on your feedback to better the guest experience.

We wish you come back soon to experience the Fall Foliage in Sep and Oct.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I frequent Lake George (about a half dozen stays a year there). I had never stayed at the Georgian until my most recent stay. I arrived around 3pm on a Sunday to check in. The grounds looked pretty decent with ample parking. There were some outdoor flowers, a gazebo and the blacktop pavement looked like it had been freshly tarred/lines painted. The exterior looked promising.
I was excited about staying here. It's location is great...on Canada Street (the main strip) and directly on the lake with a small sand beach.
Upon check-in, there was a line of about 6 people in front of me. There seemed to be 3 front desk employees on duty. Two were doing the checking in(females) and one (male) was in an office off to the side handling a customer who had an issue with the hold placed on their credit/debit card.
There was no privacy at all. I could tell you this guy's name, how much the hold was for and who he banks with.
The female clerk who was checking guests in and issuing keys was no more discrete. The guy in line ahead of me was also unaware of a 15% hold that was going to be placed on a credit card. He waited patiently (roughly an hour) for his turn to check in (and had two small children by his side). When the clerk explained they needed a credit card to place a hold for "incidentals" he seemed surprised. The clerk was rude and sarcastic to him. I wasn't trying to listen but it was tough not to. Also she said really loudly and sarcastically, "your card was declined for $19..". She huffed and puffed, rolling her eyes while this poor guy fumbled to find a different card and keep his kids in check.
I am sorry but the front desk clerk is usually the FIRST impression made on guests. This girl's snotty attitude towards the guest in line ahead of me really rubbed me the wrong way. She also rambled on about paddle boat and kayak rentals.. the price of them etc.. the hours... without people asking for that information. This contributed to the long wait time. It was after 4 by the time I got my keys.
I was surprised at the location of my room. The reservation I made stated "mountain and lake view". Sure I could see mountains and the lake off in the distance.. behind and between the buildings. The view wasn't the most important thing to me and I was eager to go meet up with a friend for dinner so I didn't bother to complain. Plus, I was worried about having to wait in line again.
The room was really average, nothing special. The beds were clean (somewhat wrinkled linens though). The bathroom was dated and worn. Also there were some gross looking stains on the walls where the towels hung, brown in color (poop?). I will attach a picture of it... it's hard to see it in the picture because of the weird colored tiles on the walls but I assure you, it was even harder to over look! The bathrooms need to be updated and cleaned better.
I called the front desk and asked if I could check out over the phone. The lady who answered the phone said "That's funny, I show you have room #____ reserved but you are calling to check out of room # ____". Apparently I was checked in to a room I hadn't reserved. The room I should have been in, indeed had a better mountain/lake view. There's nothing more aggravating than not getting everything you paid for and no one offering to compensate for that.
This place was OK for one night. I have stayed at other places in Lake George where the staff is friendlier and prices were comparable. I probably won't stay here again.

Room Tip: If your room isn't what you expected, speak up right away...maybe something would have been done...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank LetMeTripPLEASE

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at the Georgian.

We appreciate your detailed feedback regarding your observation and that will help us train our staff that are not adhering to the guidelines.

We would like to take advantage of letting our guests know about the credit/debit card authorization process.

Credit/Debit card Hold
In hotels world wide, credit cards are authorized for the entire amount of stay plus a certain percentage to cover for any incidentals. in case of credit cards, the hold is put on the credit whereas in case of debit cards, the actual account gets debited for cash. These amounts are kept on hold and not charged. When the guest checks out, the charge goes through at that time the actual transaction is posted on the credit/debit card. The original authorizations drop out in 3-5 business days. All guests checking in the hotel sign this advisory.

Privacy:
PCI Compliancy needs us not to say/repeat the Credit Card number back over the phone or write it down on paper. We will definitely let our staff know about being discrete with personal information even if that does not amount to being sensitive information.

The front desk manager has been intimated about the incident and we will work on that with the clerks responsible.

We are sorry that you left with an unfavorable experience with our staff

We will see this does not recur in future.