“Three Star Hotel”

Ranked #24 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Simsbury, CT
“Three Star Hotel”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We found our room clean and happily, NO SPIDERS as others have written.
This is a lakeside establishment and Lake George is a vacation destination for those looking for "a vacation on the lake." And it does deliver that.
The pool and lobby are as pictured on the web and may set expectations a little high. This of course is subjective, but I consider this more comparable to a motel than a resort.
There is WiFi accessibility and there is a flat screen TV in the rooms.
If you forget toothpaste, shaving cream, etc. there is no gift shop on the premises. You will be politely directed to the nearest store 2 blocks away.
The refrigerator is a small dorm size one located in the TV cabinet. There is no microwave. But there are plenty of reasonably priced places to eat downtown.
It was the beginning of the season, so maybe the staff did not know to turn on the sterno to keep the buffet food warm. Could be why they forgot the bread and bagels until someone asked. Our waitress told us there was no hurry with the check, but she had to go do room service (as she continued to stand there).
There is coffee in the lobby in the AM, but not worth the effort.
Parking is not assigned, and you rely on luck to park near your room.
Housekeeping is punctual and sufficient.
We did not check out the poolside bar.
There are so many events around the Lake, that spending time in your room are probably not what you came here to do. Room pricing is one of the more reasonable in the area. it is walkable to downtown and clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hobbittravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Hebrew first
Hartford, New York, Usa
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Travelled to the Georgian on business for a weekend. Was able to relax on the shore without difficulty. Staff very pleasant and went out of their way to welcome you.

Room Tip: Location is excellent for those that want to walk to the various stores in the village or if you wan...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Thomas A
Montpelier, Vermont
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed one night at this rather average resort motel. The main attraction there was the fact that it was on the water. When I recieved my credit card bill I found that in addition to the fee for the room, we had been charged an extra $133. I called to inquire what that was for and was told that it was because we had smoked in the room and that required "special cleaning" Neither my husband not I smoke and, in fact, we spent very little time in the room. After many phone calls I finally reached the manager (who I think had been evading me all day)She said she would remove the charge. I asked her why they didn't contact people to tell them of the charge and she told me "Because they would just lie"
Beware if you stay there. Check you credit card bill. I think it is a rather dishonest practice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Sylvia K
Yardley
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We had all sorts of family and friends stay at The Georgian from May 11-13th (wedding on Echo Lake) and not a bad word said about the place. Everyone had an extremely good time.

Our room was a Penthouse Suite on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool and banquet hall. It was very clean, comfortable and quiet. Friday was a beautiful day so we did some touristing in town (it is such a short walk into town! great location!) We then sat on the deck out back, over the lake for cocktail hour and caught up with family, and then dinner with a group at Mario's, across the street from The Georgian.

As we were leaving for dinner, we noticed the hotel had a college sorority event starting up in the banquet hall so thought it might be a noisy evening. When we returned, the college kids were in full swing and having a blast so we all sat on our balconies and people watched. By 10pm the hotel had an off-duty police officer tending to the grounds (he told us he was hired from 10-4am) to make sure that the noise and nonsense did not disrupt the other hotel guests. Well, I guess it worked like a charm cause we were right over top of them and we slept soundly.

Breakfast the next morning was delicious with friendly, attentive staff. Check out was also with a smile and great service.

The hotel then organized over forty people located all over the hotel to take shuttles to the wedding on Echo Lake. Everyone arrived with a smile.

We stayed on Echo Lake Saturday night but not a bad word was said from family or friends that we spoke to on Sunday so things continued along smoothly from what I can tell.

We would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank playallday
Rhinebeck
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We travel every weekend and this is by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. Upon check in we requested a late check out because we were running a half marathon then next morning. We were informed that it could be granted at the rate of $30 per hour starting at Noon and just to call the frontdesk in the morning and let them know. We agreed that was fair and would pay the additional cost. We were also told that our room had been upgraded and was in a quiet location as their was a motorcycle club staying there. However, they did not inform us of the sorority party that would be taking place in our courtyard from 10 PM - 1 AM. We called the front desk about it the noise and was told about the party but that their was nothing that could be done. The party goers then congrigated on our terrace taking pictures, the flash was like lightening in our room, again we called the frontdesk and they said security would move them along, this lasted about 10 minutes and they were back. After we got back from our race and called the frontdesk to inform them we would be staying late, they told us unfortunately, they could not grant the late request because they had inspectors coming and we needed to get out of the room now. I told them, we had to take a shower and we would be out. They told me we had 10 minutes. They then began to ring the room every 5 minutes harrassing us to get out. When I went in to checkout, I was told they were charging us the $30, I told them to go ahead, but I planned on fighting the charge. I also expressed my dissatisfaction with the hotel and the manage offered us a free nights stay which I declined as I would never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Cathy G

Travelers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Garden City, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Typical Lake George "resort" and I use that term loosely. Rooms, pool area, etc., are bare bones and in desperate need of an update. Our room was somewhat smelly and carpet had a hole in it. For rowdy teens and very easy to please adults only.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank johnmack63
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 24, 2012

The location was good and the staff friendly, but that's about all. We had a large room, right out of 1983. The carper seems worn and dirty and the wallpaper was coming off in many spots. The pool was nice but the "beach" was small and dirty. It was hard to get around with luggage. The breakfast buffet was ok. Expensive for the experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family