We found our room clean and happily, NO SPIDERS as others have written.
This is a lakeside establishment and Lake George is a vacation destination for those looking for "a vacation on the lake." And it does deliver that.
The pool and lobby are as pictured on the web and may set expectations a little high. This of course is subjective, but I consider this more comparable to a motel than a resort.
There is WiFi accessibility and there is a flat screen TV in the rooms.
If you forget toothpaste, shaving cream, etc. there is no gift shop on the premises. You will be politely directed to the nearest store 2 blocks away.
The refrigerator is a small dorm size one located in the TV cabinet. There is no microwave. But there are plenty of reasonably priced places to eat downtown.
It was the beginning of the season, so maybe the staff did not know to turn on the sterno to keep the buffet food warm. Could be why they forgot the bread and bagels until someone asked. Our waitress told us there was no hurry with the check, but she had to go do room service (as she continued to stand there).
There is coffee in the lobby in the AM, but not worth the effort.
Parking is not assigned, and you rely on luck to park near your room.
Housekeeping is punctual and sufficient.
We did not check out the poolside bar.
There are so many events around the Lake, that spending time in your room are probably not what you came here to do. Room pricing is one of the more reasonable in the area. it is walkable to downtown and clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Georgian Lakeside Resort is located within walking distance of Lake George Village. The Georgian has 158 rooms & suites, a private beach, outdoor heated pool, The Cabana Bar, and Giovanna's On The Lake Restaurant, Dinner Theater, in-room coffee, fitness center, game room, free WiFi. Contrary to the listing of amenities on TA - we do not offer free breakfast. Wedding, Conference & Meeting facilities, AAA 3-Diamond Rated. Near all local attractions including whitewater rafting, The Great Escape, Lake Cruises and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HRS, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Georgian Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Georgian Lakeside Hotel Lake George
- Georgian Hotel Lake George